Page 405 of 413 FirstFirst ... 305355395402403404405406407408 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4123

Tried Bo/Ph myself and that short charge is amazing. The fact that one tech gives you instant lvl 3 gear to get off a Vinto is really nice. I have played Bo/Hu for so long and it never dawned on me just how quickly you can die as Bo/Ph but its a good tradeoff for what you can do as Bo/Ph. Don't know if I would keep running Bo/Ph just because I do like a little survivability for when I mess up but it is definitely fun.

( If only you got that invincible tech casting lol )
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

Quote Originally Posted by Suirano View Post
    Tried Bo/Ph myself and that short charge is amazing. The fact that one tech gives you instant lvl 3 gear to get off a Vinto is really nice. I have played Bo/Hu for so long and it never dawned on me just how quickly you can die as Bo/Ph but its a good tradeoff for what you can do as Bo/Ph. Don't know if I would keep running Bo/Ph just because I do like a little survivability for when I mess up but it is definitely fun.

( If only you got that invincible tech casting lol )
    Honestly losing Hu isn't that big of a deal just get these things:
    - L/ Tech C Parry
    - and a Mag with 8 HP restore A/B abilities
    - Level 3 Step advance

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Honestly losing Hu isn't that big of a deal just get these things:
    - L/ Tech C Parry
    - and a Mag with 8 HP restore A/B abilities
    - Level 3 Step advance
    The mag bit is all I am missing atm. Currently working on a ring. Just hope it mitigates the issues enough so I don't get royally screwed in fights. Probably will still depend on Bo/Hu for my solo shenanigans with Persona.
    Last edited by Suirano; Apr 30, 2019 at 04:33 AM.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

Quote Originally Posted by Suirano View Post
    The mag bit is all I am missing atm. Currently working on a ring. Just hope it mitigates the issues enough so I don't get royally screwed in fights. Probably will still depend on Bo/Hu for my solo shenanigans with Persona.
    I mean it's not quite the same but I ditched Te/Hu long time ago and never looked back. Playing half a class isn't worth the survivability imo.

You dont need SP in Bo's step advance because Ph has Step Roll Advance.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Baby steps. He's just getting used to not relying on AH and IW.

I've been thinking about getting the Gilles J-Boots with the crests I have saved up, but I have a few questions about how they work.

Firstly, do the boots burst without a charged tech and just match explosions to the weapon element? Or is a charged tech a requirement?

Second, do the boots still burst with a L/JB Elemental Keep ring equipped? I tend to spam the Weapon Action attack a lot and sometimes missfire with a normal WA. I'd prefer to use this ring if at all possible.

Third, how is the damage for the burst calculated in regards to switch strike? With switch strike enabled, does it scale off of S-ATK and Tech multipliers (like Phantom sub) or is it still calculated with raw T-ATK regardless of switch strike?

Lastly, what kind of Crit ring should I be looking to get to maximize damage assuming I use only these boots? Striking or Tech?

Quote Originally Posted by Endler View Post
    I've been thinking about getting the Gilles J-Boots with the crests I have saved up, but I have a few questions about how they work.

Firstly, do the boots burst without a charged tech and just match explosions to the weapon element? Or is a charged tech a requirement?

Second, do the boots still burst with a L/JB Elemental Keep ring equipped? I tend to spam the Weapon Action attack a lot and sometimes missfire with a normal WA. I'd prefer to use this ring if at all possible.

Third, how is the damage for the burst calculated in regards to switch strike? With switch strike enabled, does it scale off of S-ATK and Tech multipliers (like Phantom sub) or is it still calculated with raw T-ATK regardless of switch strike?

Lastly, what kind of Crit ring should I be looking to get to maximize damage assuming I use only these boots? Striking or Tech?
    1. The Potential of Gilles Weihen doesn't work without a Applied element. Even if what you are going for is the same element as your weapon, you still need to apply that element at least once per map.

2. Yes. The Potential still works even with the Ring equipped.

3. Elemental Burst ignores Switch Strike as it's threated like a Tech Attack and thus scales strictly from T-ATK (same rule applies to Rykros Staff for Su).

4. I'd personally suggest a Effort Ring as it boosts both Techs and Strike Damage & Crit chance. I'd also recommend you using a Dex Mag while we're at it. You can reach 100% Crit Chance easily so there is no need going ham with a dedicated Crit Strike Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    are you sure phantom step roll advance work on bo? 2 of my friend said to me that it isn't work on bo because bo have different / special step. that's why they said still need to invest on step advance on bo tree .

anyway, can anyone translate and explain this ? this says info on Bo/Ph ... but in taiwanese ..
    https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn...tnum=1&bPage=2
    yeah, my engrish is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Youmu Konpaku View Post
    are you sure phantom step roll advance work on bo? 2 of my friend said to me that it isn't work on bo because bo have different / special step. that's why they said still need to invest on step advance on bo tree .

anyway, can anyone translate and explain this ? this says info on Bo/Ph ... but in taiwanese ..
    https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn...tnum=1&bPage=2
    From what I can find, Step Roll Advance works with everything regular Step Advance works with, plus Roll Dives, and that includes BO's Mirage Step; the only thing it doesn't effect is Mirage Escape (ie. Rod, Takt, Talis, and non-Wand Reactor Wand evasion).