Page 51 of 413 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    They both should've been hotfix nerfed after 3 days.
    I've never in the history of my playing online games seen something get hotfixed that fast unless it was glitched to the point of not even functioning properly or literally breaking the game.

Deciding "OK THIS IS OVERPOWERED TIME TO NERF IT!" too quickly can just cause more problems, especially when lots of other things were added as well.

I agree that they're kinda slow with fixing things after they admit there's a problem, but the point is that they're doing something about it at all, not that they're prompt about it. I don't think it's fair to get pissy about them wanting to make sure these massive changes to the skill trees and a good chunk of the skills and PAs them selves, don't have any unexpected side effects after being released before making further tweaks. >_>

While they took quite some time to fix, and it was too long a 3 day hotfix with the game's code would have been shitty. Fix one problem make 15 more. No excuse for them to wait so long but expecting quick changes from this shit team is like expecting republicans to suddenly understand kindness and empathy. Shit ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I've never in the history of my playing online games seen something get hotfixed that fast unless it was glitched to the point of not even functioning properly or literally breaking the game.
    Blizzard does it all the time.

Blizzard does it all the time.
    What, you mean with WoW? WoW is 10 years old, I'd hope they know what they're doing by now. >_>

EDIT: Snarking aside, how often is "all the time" What's the scale of what they change? How much do they change it? I can't imagine they're completely reworking skills right after they come out.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 25, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

3 days is definetely too short but 6 months is too long.
    They should be tweaking balance at least every month instead of increasing the level cap every few months. Same goes for money balance tweaking.
    Oh well but I forgot that we are talking about Phantasy Waifu Online 2 Simulator.
    Better keep focusing on more costumes.

Isn't WoW the exception? All MMORPGs I've played so far usually wait at least a month before they change anything slightly balance-wise, otherwise changes come with the next content update (if at all). Changing it every week would mess up people's skill tree since I really doubt SEGA likes to hand out resets like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Changing it every week would mess up people's skill tree since I really doubt SEGA likes to hand out resets like candy.
    This is one of the reasons I don't like their set up for the skill trees. I specifically remember them being more liberal with skill tree updates before they started giving out the free reset passes.

Changing it every week would mess up people's skill tree since I really doubt SEGA likes to hand out resets like candy.
    If ONLY they actually had a little foresight, and had it tested first!

It's their own fault.

Isn't WoW the exception? All MMORPGs I've played so far usually wait at least a month before they change anything slightly balance-wise, otherwise changes come with the next content update (if at all). Changing it every week would mess up people's skill tree since I really doubt SEGA likes to hand out resets like candy.
    Blizzard is usually pretty quick and competent at times but can also be mega lazy. Blizzard basically set the industry standard for online gaming though, imo. They can pull off insane hotfixes randomly but then sometimes don't do it for obviously broken things for like a year or longer.

Every dev needs to hotfix obvious broken things within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    If ONLY they actually had a little foresight, and had it tested first!

It's their own fault.
    You realize the whole point early on was to have new PAs be stronger than the old ones right?

There's also the fact that players are your best testers. We tend to come up with more interesting ways to do things that the devs wouldn't have even had time to think up on their own.

I think what they REALLY need is to invest in a public test server like Mabi KR does. But we know that won't happen.

Blizzard is usually pretty quick and competent at times but can also be mega lazy. Blizzard basically set the industry standard for online gaming though, imo. They can pull off insane hotfixes randomly but then sometimes don't do it for obviously broken things for like a year or longer.

Every dev needs to hotfix obvious broken things within a week.
    What is it with people and calling the optimal point the standard... I see this all the time for a variety of things, it's so weird.

And again, nothing about Shunka and Ilmegid was "obviously broken". Shunka still had weaknesses, it was just strong enough that people didn't care about them. Ilmegid wasn't even that great without like going full dark with dark latent gear and a good skill tree. Both of them were MEANT to be strong though, and that's part of what they've started to change about the PA/Tech balance.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 25, 2014 at 06:44 PM.