Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    I thought having no Photons would mean something different, but I must have misunderstood because I'm seeing the same chit as before.
    Even though they said there are no photons on Machia, they suddenly bring up Gran as a new energy source found on the planet. When I heard that, the only thing to come to mind was: "Not-Photons".

Well, the demo is wierd

No PA's can be charged up. Technics can ONLY be charged up. JA is even less bonus damage. The Gigantes boss takes hits on every single part in range, no matter what weapon you are using. Guard takes up a PA slot (nothing has the old PA combo system). Launcher doesn't exist. Twin Daggers don't exist.

The new Sword PA makes you knock up enemies around you, and you fall down while impaling them for tons of hits. The new Partisan PA is a weak Over End. The new Knuckle PA is a high AoE Flash Thousand which kills the Gigantes super fast. I.. forgot what the Doublesaber one was, they're weak. The new Twin Machinegun PA makes you shoot 4 shots in the air, then fall and messiah time on the ground.
    In other news, Razonde is stupidly buff since it can hit like 6 parts on the Gigantes for massive damage on each part.

The Pile(bunker) is ultimately a melee weapon. The Weakpointer PA makes you shoot 2 or 3 needles that stick to targets, and make the next hit do double damage. The other PA's are like a forward rush that explodes, crazy smash, and a sharp bomber that shoots 2 unmissable shots. In the end, not very effective.

The Halo is how you make the floating platforms next to a Gigantes. In the demo, the Buster class has totally broken PA's on it. One shoots a constant laser that you can aim freely horizontally (can't aim up!) and actually isn't broken. Another creates 5 rings around you that take turns randomly flying at nearby targets for really good damage each. The last one is completely broken, it shoots a homing bomb that stops at your target and creates a high damage field that lasts basically forever, making the Gigantes a joke (edit: duh, Cosmos that travels like 5 times as fast)

Speculation. The 'hunter' ally has a Pile and a Partisan. I am super hoping that Buster can choose which melee and magic weapon to have usable (instead of sword and rod).
    Last edited by GoldenFalcon; Aug 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

____
    l l
    _l___l_
    o_@; I give this thread a Monocle top hat guy. This game looks like the awesomeness my friend told me it was last night

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

I really doubt it's awesome since it's just single player pso2

Demo Gigantes was pretty easy. Damage to it's exposed head was like 5x the damage on its normal weak points, it was ridiculous. I really hope Sega brings the new Sword PA over, hell and not having to charge PAs too

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    I really doubt it's awesome since it's just single player pso2
    Actually, a PSO2 designed for singleplayer could be pretty fun if not handled completely improperly.

Which, I mean, it's not implausible that they handled it improperly, but there's definitely a workable base to create a good singleplayer game.

I wanted to get a Vita TV for this game, but I'll be waiting to play this game (if I bother at all).

Downloading right now. I will give my 3 cents. When I play it. But a offline pso2 with a better senario writer than PSO2? Sigh me up captian

It honestly feels really underwhelming, but that's kind of to be expected with such a short demo of this type of game.

Force seems kind of overpowered in the demo. You can easily ignore using the halo for platforms and just whore Rafoie on its breakable parts to knock the Gigantes down in a couple casts...then Gifoie just shreds through its life on the weak point.

Where's the translation patch?! cmon Aida get with the program!

I'm kidding, just in case that's not obvious, and yes, I know Aida didn't make the patch too, multi-level trolling here.

Seriously though, I hope this does get a fan patch at some point, yes I know it's a console game, it happens sometimes. IIRC Sega flat out said "no" about a localized version though right?