Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2027282930313233 ... LastLast

Maybe keep the current 300% on WB but only on non-weak spot target? Then just extra 100% if its on a weak spot? That way it focuses on breaking parts instead of just WBing any weak core.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Surely you can distinguish between a class with a secondary role and a class with a main role, and which one should get a 20% bonus and which one should get a 300% bonus.

Surely.

Surely you can see the point of contention here.

Surely.
    I think a class that specializes in hitting weak points should get a skill that creates weak points. I don't see what the problem there is.

No one was talking about who is the best support and who is 2nd best.

I was saying that Support is Techer's primary role. Not Rangers.

Ranger is about Debuffing enemies with special bullets and traps.

Techer is about straight up supporting allies.

Hence why Techer is THE support class and Ranger is A support class.

Regardless of anything else.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Here's my idea on how to rebalance Weak Bullet:
    •Make it a 5 SP skill.
    •Works by creating an ACTUAL artificial weak point, instead of being a damage multiplier for a specific location. This makes skills like Weak Hit Advance and Weak Stance usable for weak bullets.
    •The damage multiplier of the weak spot depends on the level of the skill: 110%/120%/145%/170%/200%.
    •Using the bullet on an already existing weak point only overwrites the damage multiplier of that weak point providing the skill's multiplier is higher.
    •How long the bullet lasts depends on the skill level: 5/10/20/35/60 seconds.
    •Only one bullet gets loaded at any level.
    •Cooldown is 180/170/155/140/120 seconds.
    •Cooldown does not begin until you actually use the bullet.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    I think a class that specializes in hitting weak points should get a skill that creates weak points. I don't see what the problem there is.
    What you said has nothing to do with what I said.

You're talking about something other than the actual hard numbers. I am talking about actual hard numbers. That's what the initial discussion was about.

You are intentionally daft, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    No one was talking about who is the best support and who is 2nd best.

I was saying that Support is Techer's primary role. Not Rangers.

Ranger is about Debuffing enemies with special bullets and traps.

Techer is about straight up supporting allies.

Hence why Techer is THE support class and Ranger is A support class.

Regardless of anything else.
    To put it plainly, I don't believe Shiyo was saying that at all. I think Shiyo was talking as if Techer was the only class that should be considered a support class, and that Ranger shouldn't get anything resembling Weak Bullet in the first place, because it detracts from Techer's status as a support class. I think you give Shiyo too much credit by assuming that he/she meant something more thought out than that.

Either way, I fail to see the issue then. If Techer is "the" support class, does that make it a rule that no class can surpass it in any field of support? No. So there's no problem with Weak Bullet providing more damage than Zanverse.

What you said has nothing to do with what I said.

You're talking about something other than the actual hard numbers. I am talking about actual hard numbers. That's what the initial discussion was about.

You are intentionally daft, aren't you?
    I wasn't talking about that stuff in the first place, so I don't see where you get off on calling me out on something unrelated to my posts. I'm not touching number discussion, because to do so would be to suggest I'm arrogant enough to believe I know how the game should be balanced. Call me daft for that, but I'm not stupid enough to think I know what's best for every player playing this game. You wanna talk about balance? Fine. I don't. I'm going to talk about something that was brought up while discussing balance.

Ranger specializes, among other things, in hitting weak points. It has a skill that creates weak points. Said skill contributes to support for other players. How much damage it contributes, whether it should contribute to others or not, whether it takes away from Techer as a support class, none of that is relevant to what I have to say, because that's balance talk. I'm not talking about balance, I never was talking about balance, so don't bring up balance to what I have to say.

As things are right now, Ranger can, through support, contribute more damage than Techer. Is there something inherently wrong with this, because Ranger is a support class, but Techer is more of a support class? Techer has other things going for it. Weak Bullet doesn't make Techer irrelevant, support-wise. So why is it being treated like that's exactly the case? Whether Weak Bullet contributes too much damage, whether it makes Techer's support look bad, whether Weak Bullet trivializes the game, none of that matters. What matters is that Techer is not, in every meaningful way, outclassed as a support class. And, right now, that's the case. So what makes Ranger getting Weak Bullet bad design? That's why I replied to Shiyo. So what if Zanverse only contributes "20%" (that's just the minimum anyway) compared to Weak Bullet's 300%? Techer isn't inherently supposed to be the best in all fields of support, no more than Ranger is supposed to be inherently worse at any form of support compared to Techer.

In essence, I got into this because of this simple idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    A 20% damage buff in a game with a 300% damage buff, when techer is supposed to be the support class, is weird and not well designed.
    Zanverse is weaker than Weak Bullet, therefore the game is badly designed. That's really what this statement boils down to.

Never mind the numbers, they aren't even being accurately represented here. I'm replying to the idea that "the" support class is somehow not allowed to be outclassed in any field by another class, or the game is badly designed.

Am I daft for thinking there's something wrong with that? Zanverse < Weak Bullet, therefore the game is badly designed? Is there anyone here that actually thinks that's an accurate sentiment?

And don't even tell me that the numbers are being discussed, just read Shiyo's previous posts. Like this one. Do you see any talk about adjusting the numbers? I don't. All I see is talk about removing Weak Bullet. I've seen no mention that Zanverse can go up to around 34% between Wind Masteries and elemental weaknesses, that it applies Mirage on a per hit basis, that Shifta exists, that Zanverse and Shifta are techs, not class skills, that Weak Bullet has a cooldown, that Weak Bullet is getting nerfed to 255% in just a couple weeks, none of that stuff, from anyone talking about numbers, let alone the person actually making the comparison in the first place. I never replied to someone actually concerned about balancing the game, just someone that hates Weak Bullet with unreasonable bias. Like hell I'm talking about balance with a person like that. I've got no business even thinking of talking about balancing the game here, don't call me out on not doing so.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Aug 17, 2014 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    To put it plainly, I don't believe Shiyo was saying that at all. I think Shiyo was talking as if Techer was the only class that should be considered a support class, and that Ranger shouldn't get anything resembling Weak Bullet in the first place, because it detracts from Techer's status as a support class. I think you give Shiyo too much credit by assuming that he/she meant something more thought out than that.

Either way, I fail to see the issue then. If Techer is "the" support class, does that make it a rule that no class can surpass it in any field of support? No. So there's no problem with Weak Bullet providing more damage than Zanverse.
    If Techer is supposed to be "the" support class, then while it's not a rule that no class can surpass it in any field of support, but it just shows bad design if it is surpassed in the field of support Techer is best at. Which is empowering allies.

Ranger is best at debuffing/exploiting enemies.

Empowering allies is something Techer is supposed to be better at. WB trounces on that dream with an iron-studded boot.

Meaning that there is a problem with either Techer not being good enough at empowering allies, or that WB is too good at empowering allies.

Most people say its the latter, not the prior. If you disagree, that's fine, but I would rather go with the latter because again. Power Creep.

I also feel that your misreading what Shiyo posted, but that's just my belief. Shiyo is free to elaborate and prove either me, you, or both of us wrong.

tl;dr

"I see you're talking about one thing. Here, let me reply saying you're wrong, and then when you think I'm talking about the same thing you're talking about I'll say that I wasn't, and that neither was the post I'm replying to."

This is literally all you ever do.

Spoiler!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Spoiler!
    Hey look, it's the Gigamobile.

...Wait, why is your rear door dented so badly, what were you do- OH GOD MY MIND'S EYE.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Dunno where else to put this, but here's HQ versions of the EP3 trailer and commercial.