Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default GU/FO - The Magical Gunner (Discussion)

So I've been thinking of the concept of a Technique using Gunner, GU/FO (or when Ep3 launches, GU/BO or GU/TEC. Has anyone successfully created a character like this? I'm Cast so I have low TATK values but nothing some gear can't fix. Has it worked for anyone and what are some pros/cons of a character of this nature?

I'm currently just going GU/RA and loving it but considered alternatives as well.

I think the main thing holding gu/fo back, aside from the lack of t-atk TMGs, is the lack of techs that put out good damage. Most of them do pretty low damage, but have low costs to balance them out. This doesn't mesh well with a playstyle that forces you to do a flip with a set animation time before each cast.

The discussion about this build in the gunner topic seemed promising, but that's mostly due to the current ilmegid and its very high damage potential per cast. We'll have to see how the tech balancing goes with ep3. It'll make or break gu/fo.

Ship 2 - Player ID: Faust
    Ashbell HUFIdewman - フランブローズ FOFIcaseal - GALE GUHUmarl

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    I think the main thing holding gu/fo back, aside from the lack of t-atk TMGs, is the lack of techs that put out good damage. Most of them do pretty low damage, but have low costs to balance them out. This doesn't mesh well with a playstyle that forces you to do a flip with a set animation time before each cast.

The discussion about this build in the gunner topic seemed promising, but that's mostly due to the current ilmegid and its very high damage potential per cast. We'll have to see how the tech balancing goes with ep3. It'll make or break gu/fo.
    Does anyone know roughly/vaguely what those changes are going to be in Ep3? I think it's a really sweet concept that SEGA needs to let the players explore by at least buffing or nerfing certain things to make it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post

I used ilfoi as well as ilmegedi on my gu/fo. Really the only thing really holding them back is the T-attacl TMGs you can still use your shooting for trash and what not if you really feel tempted to go there.

Nazonde, Ilfoie and Nafoie also look promising currently. I'd probably use nafoie to end chains if I don't have anyone to keep my chain going for namegid. You may be able to get off two nafos per chain finish.

But no, we don't have many details. We just know ilmegid, ilgrants (idg this one honestly), and ilbarta are getting nerfed somehow, and most techs are getting some kind of buff.

Ship 2 - Player ID: Faust
    Ashbell HUFIdewman - フランブローズ FOFIcaseal - GALE GUHUmarl

you would want to use fo/gu instead for element conversion skill
    having pure t-atk mag and t-atk high with fo/gu would give you over 800 t-atk, but less than that as gu/fo. base stats at lv70, no equips included
    sroll would be nerfed next week, so you'll lose 40% of damage
    not sure if chain trigger affects techs, but if it does, that'd be pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post
    you would want to use fo/gu instead for element conversion skill
    having pure t-atk mag and t-atk high with fo/gu would give you over 800 t-atk, but less than that as gu/fo. base stats at lv70, no equips included
    sroll would be nerfed next week, so you'll lose 40% of damage
    not sure if chain trigger affects techs, but if it does, that'd be pretty sweet
    correct me if im wrong, but wouldn't using Brauvint for its 570 t att provide a larger boost to all techs regardless of element than the +25% damage to matching tech elements from element conversion? assuming the general rule of 20 attack equals about 1% damage.

element conversion gives extra 50% for matching element, but 25% for non-matching element. you could get 6 different tmg of different element if you want

untested 'cuz i haven't maxed level force yet. i might be wrong on this part
    Spoiler!

element conversion gives extra 50% for matching element, but 25% for non-matching element. you could get 6 different tmg of different element if you want

Spoiler!
    Hahaha talk about misinformation.

Spoiler!
    I'm pretty sure it's 50% or 25% of your element bonus on the weapon, which means the damage bonus is actually 25% or 12.5% with a max element weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikikiki View Post
    Hahaha talk about misinformation.
    I was trying to find a witty gif to respond this but I can't. I: