Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default About Ely Sion (Sword)

Been wondering why everyone think Ely Sion is a useless 12* weapon, despite its Potential "Obstinate Spirit" which gives you some percent (13-17% i think) of chance of survival, add max potential Ely Sion with Iron Will which at max is 75% that would be 92%, add the "Never Give Up" skill and you'd be invincible with added S-Atk at a period of time.

I know Iron Will and "Never Give Up" didn't really worth much back then due to crappy skill tree and everyone focusing on the left side of tree(Fury Stance and stuff), but with EP3 coming and the tree getting fixed up, I think its worth it.

Because a good player shouldn't need those abilities to survive, anyway. You'll bring more to the party if you can put up some good damage and still stay alive. You can overcome pretty much any attacks in this game with some kind of dodging or countering.

It is a cool ability, but it's a waste if you're a skilled player.

In addition to the fact that you shouldn't need those abilities to perform well, here's a page with a damage potential comparison for swords (and any other weapon should you wish to check those out)

http://gesobuta.butanishinju.com/weapons/sword.html

The graph covers different states of the weapon, using numerical notation (grind/element/potential), so 10503 refers to +10 grind +50 element and level 3 potential. And if there appears to be a weapon with a funny name (Muscat Bar, Azuki Bar) it's just the nickname Japanese players gave to it.

Muscat Bar: Veldelinger
    Azuki Bar: Rossolinger

Ely Sion would be the highest damage unconditionally - but nobody would want to stop there. Factoring potentials, its not as hot, especially given how much harder it is to get the Ely Sion to a 10500 state. (since potential does nothing to its damage). Unsurprsingly, Biogrion would be top of the list in terms of most conventional and consistent damage.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Aug 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM.

I don't think the %s stack
    So it'd be 75% and 17% chances (right?)

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

^ if that didn't stack that weapon would indeed be useless.

I don't believe Iron Will and Ely Sion's potential stack like the OP says. It would be ridiculous if it did. It's likely that the chances are multiplied so you have a 79.75% chance to survive a lethal hit, making Obstinate Spirit do almost nothing if you already have Iron Will.

I've used Iron Will extensively in the past, but I do not believe it's a worthwhile skill anymore after switching to Automate Halfline. Automate Halfline is just so much better because it does not rely on chance, and it essentially completely removes the need to manually use mates unless you're in that awkward 51-60% hp range where you might get OHKO'd. Iron Will might save you from OHKO situations, but anything that can OHKO you from full should be easy enough to avoid. Right now I skip Fury Up 2 for Automate, but I won't have to anymore come Episode 3. I suspect that Automate will become the standard for HU subs, although War Brave might be gotten instead for HU mains.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Been wondering why everyone think Ely Sion is a useless 12* weapon, despite its Potential "Obstinate Spirit" which gives you some percent (13-17% i think) of chance of survival, add max potential Ely Sion with Iron Will which at max is 75% that would be 92%, add the "Never Give Up" skill and you'd be invincible with added S-Atk at a period of time.

I know Iron Will and "Never Give Up" didn't really worth much back then due to crappy skill tree and everyone focusing on the left side of tree(Fury Stance and stuff), but with EP3 coming and the tree getting fixed up, I think its worth it.
    Long story short, you shouldn't need that potential to stay alive and there are 11* swords that are far easier to get, and upgrade to 50 element that are capable of more damage, even before you element grind them.

*very annoyed braver who's first, and only 12* was ely sion*

Lyrise, I see colored bars but what do they represent?
    Nobody's perfect, remember that

Quote Originally Posted by TERAGON1996 View Post
    Lyrise, I see colored bars but what do they represent?
    Each color represents a weapon upgrade state, in Japanese notation. Blue is 1030 (grind: 10, element 30), Orange is 1050 (grind 10, element 50), Grey is 10303 (grind 10, element 30, potential level 3) and yellow is 10503 (grind 10, element 50, potential 3).

In the Case of Ely Sion, you only see it as a 1050, because it's potential does nothing for damage. (though you could call it a 10503 if you really wanted to)

And what about the numbers on the X-axis? It can't be Attack provided right?
    Nobody's perfect, remember that