Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2734353637

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    While I'm sure that someone might take a crack at coalescing all the info once that rolls around, there are threads for each individual class that usually explore the builds or where you can ask for what is the current meta.
    The problem with threads like this one are that once the OP disappears, there is no way to really update the initial post short of having a mod do it, so the continued discussion is the only place to really keep up-to-date.
    Thanks for the reply. I do understand that there are discussion threads on the classes, however those are full of no so newbie friendly terms and often have to sift through pages upon pages to find some more relevant info. Though a problem with that then lies in that if one is not already familiar with the game, one won't know what is right or wrong. What are silly or insightful suggestions and the like. Not having any base to build off of.

One such thing is this youtube video by CodySlippin. Been only made as of this June, 2019 and that it was decently made (edited) it seems like it could be a good base to start off of. THEN you read the comments only to find that much of it is old information and missinformation. The video uploader then admiting that he's not played in a couple years and made his video based off of the Visiphone Wiki Guide which is apperently, as pointed out in the comments, been outdated for many years (not that I'd know if it is or isn't).

So with all such info out there, including these old guides, it's trying to find what is or isn't outdated info and what can still be used to prep for the NA release.

I for one, if you cannot tell, love info and researching things like the classes before figuring out which to play.

The more I can figure out as well, also helps me talk my friends into joining in the games as well (I know I can talk at least one into without doing anything, but the other's are always reluctant to start an MMO.... so having already looked up things like this really helps talk them into at least trying it).

Probably your best bet nowadays is the SWiki "class consideration" page: pso2x.swiki.jp (translated). It has discussion of multiple builds for each class and links to skill trees on a skill simulator (note that Google translate seems to make the skill simulator flaky). SWiki in general is probably one of the most well-kept up-to-date PSO2 resources out there.

You can also try the in-game recommended builds available at the class counter, but I have never been brave enough to try them. Also they only work for main class and aren't really set up for a subclass build.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Thanks for the tip. I've not tried the JP wiki yet. Shall take a look.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah they've been steadily buffing and re-balancing various aspects of each class, not to mention stuff like new gear, S-class abilities, and outright new systems like the Complex/Formula PAs still in the process of being rolled out, so while we can firmly say things about a class's state right now; things could easily be pretty different by the time the NA server launches.

still feels a bit ominous how silent everything's been since the announcement. maybe SoJ didn't like microsoft seemingly blurting it out the moment they reached something resembling an agreement heh.

im like 80% certain SoA was not in the loop about this until at most a month before the announcement, if not at least the day before it