Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Volkh View Post
    Hi. I need some advice. Trying for a Braver build that uses both katana and bullet bow (something like this thread has.) No problems for my build but my mag is my problem. Should I go for pure S-ATK, pure R-ATK, or pure DEX and use Braver mag? What keeps me from using braver mag is because so far, everyone's saying using a pure dex mag is bad.
    General consensus tends to be that going for a hybrid build is ill-advised since you are losing out on at least one pure mag. Braver mag basically gives you 95 S- and R-ATK versus 190 from a pure mag, but alternatively, if you are going pure S-ATK you lose the R-ATK, and vice versa. It's more of a min-max concern, so if you feel that you want to go with the hybrid build, it is up to you to decide what is more fitting.

Was wondering how plausible this build is

Ranger/Braver

I'm unsure where to put those last points from the braver tree into.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evex View Post
    Was wondering how plausible this build is

Ranger/Braver

I'm unsure where to put those last points from the braver tree into.
    What's your goal with the build? How do you want to play it?

Alright, so I just started PSO2 about a month ago, started with Ranger and am now level 30 and have done none of the bonus skill point COs. I was pretty much just spending points willy nilly, spending them on what I thought was good and not really asking advice or looking at endgame players or build guides or anything. However, I've recently heard that Ranger is actually a little picky as far as builds go, and that you need a certain kind of build if you want to be able to do anything endgame without being pretty much useless. I looked at my own build compared to the build guide here, and found that it does line up with the guide in some places...others, not so much. Plus, there are a few skills I already regret picking up (The two traps that I got because I thought they would be cool being a prime example. Also the PB gauge boost, which I got because I misread PB as PP and thought it would be useful.)

So I decided to sign up here and ask people: Is my current build salvageable, or is it already to the point where I'd have to start over if I wanted to be useful?

=====Ranger Lv 30/75, +0 CO SP
     1: Dive Roll
     1: Just Reversal
     5: Sharpshooter
     1: Trap Search
     3: Aptitude Up 1
     1: Poison Trap
     1: Poison T Custom
     1: Upper Trap
     1: Upper T Custom
     1: Gravity Bomb
     1: Stun Grenade
     6: Weak Hit Advance 1
     3: Weak Bullet
     2: Standing Snipe 1
     2: Weak Hit Advance 2
     2: Weak Hit Blast Bonus
     1: Dive Roll Shoot

There's my skill tree (Sorry about the text format, I wanted to use the link version from the skill simulator but I don't have 10 posts yet). I don't particularly want to start over but I guess I'd be willing to if I had to. Buying AC to get a second skill tree, however, is pretty much out of the question right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Terios2000 View Post
    Alright, so I just started PSO2 about a month ago, started with Ranger and am now level 30 and have done none of the bonus skill point COs. I was pretty much just spending points willy nilly, spending them on what I thought was good and not really asking advice or looking at endgame players or build guides or anything. However, I've recently heard that Ranger is actually a little picky as far as builds go, and that you need a certain kind of build if you want to be able to do anything endgame without being pretty much useless. I looked at my own build compared to the build guide here, and found that it does line up with the guide in some places...others, not so much. Plus, there are a few skills I already regret picking up (The two traps that I got because I thought they would be cool being a prime example. Also the PB gauge boost, which I got because I misread PB as PP and thought it would be useful.)

So I decided to sign up here and ask people: Is my current build salvageable, or is it already to the point where I'd have to start over if I wanted to be useful?

=====Ranger Lv 30/75, +0 CO SP
     1: Dive Roll
     1: Just Reversal
     5: Sharpshooter
     1: Trap Search
     3: Aptitude Up 1
     1: Poison Trap
     1: Poison T Custom
     1: Upper Trap
     1: Upper T Custom
     1: Gravity Bomb
     1: Stun Grenade
     6: Weak Hit Advance 1
     3: Weak Bullet
     2: Standing Snipe 1
     2: Weak Hit Advance 2
     2: Weak Hit Blast Bonus
     1: Dive Roll Shoot

There's my skill tree (Sorry about the text format, I wanted to use the link version from the skill simulator but I don't have 10 posts yet). I don't particularly want to start over but I guess I'd be willing to if I had to. Buying AC to get a second skill tree, however, is pretty much out of the question right now.
    This guide's a little outdated since it's written for level 70 cap. There's a Ranger guide a little further down for level 75.

Your build looks like this right now. Doesn't seem to be too far off course. The only questionable picks are the two T Customs and second point in Weak Hit Blast Bonus, but there should still be enough points left over to take everything important.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    What's your goal with the build? How do you want to play it?
    Well I like being at a distance from the actual fighting. So more medium to long range combat style which is why I picked the Ranger as the main class. I guess I'm trying to build for more of a ranged support, and helping to deal with bosses and mobs they might spawn. It might help if I knew what PA's I was going to be using on my weapons though.
    Last edited by Evex; Feb 17, 2015 at 02:49 AM.

Is this guide ever going to be updated?

UnLucky's been gone since December according to the profile page. I don't feel too confident about making builds for classes I haven't really gone into so I'm not comfortable about picking up.

What would be best IMO would be to have an L2P hub thread that links to various per-class guides like LonelyGaruga's Techer Guide and ReverseSeraf's Ranger guide, as well as YouTube channels of players with many videos of a certain class so people can see how a class plays, like みるれと for Fighter/Hunter videos, Arma Ros for Ranger, Kemicho for Force etc. Or in the absence of a channel, single notable videos like Bellion's Sword Hunter video.

Main questions are who is going to write the per-class guides for classes without a guide, or at least a mini-guide, and how to curate the videos.

But essentially I think a community effort is the way to go.

Can someone help me make a FO/TE skill tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvekster View Post
    Can someone help me make a FO/TE skill tree?
    Sure, what's your goal? What kind of playstyle do you have in mind? Any particular element or number of elements you're interested in?