Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default General Suggestions (after Ep3 update)

I'm just messing around with new skill trees using the Skill Simulator, but now I need just some suggestions for both Gunner, Ranger and Bouncer:

- I built this tree for Gunner:
    Spoiler!

And this one for Ranger:
    Spoiler!

There are 9 points in Gu tree that I don't know where to put... since I'm very curious to test the new skills of Chain Trigger, I was thinking to remove 1 point in Rare Mastery and maxing out both Chain Finish and Chain Trigger (so it can stack with WB and be awesome) BUT the real problem is Ra tree, that have tons of free points xD Do you have some suggestions? Where I can put them?

- What's the best Mag to use as Bouncer? I want to use both Jet Boost and Dual Blades if possibile, but an half T-Atk and S-Atk Mag will suck so I don't know... AAAND, what is a good build to use as Bo? xD

Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by Cure Shock; Aug 31, 2014 at 08:09 AM.

Badly drawn by me, duh.
    Join the Order!

Quote Originally Posted by Cure Shock View Post
    I'm just messing around with new skill trees using the Skill Simulator, but now I need just some suggestions for both Gunner, Ranger and Bouncer:

- I built this tree for Gunner:
    Spoiler!

And this one for Ranger:
    Spoiler!

There are 5 points in Gu tree that I don't know where to put... since I'm very curious to test the new skills of Chain Trigger, I was thinking to put them in Chain Finish (so it can stack with WB and be awesome) BUT the real problem is Ra tree, that have tons of free points xD Do you have some suggestions? Where I can put them?

- What's the best Mag to use as Bouncer? I want to use both Jet Boost and Dual Blades if possibile, but an half T-Atk and S-Atk Mag will suck so I don't know... AAAND, what is a good build to use as Bo? xD

Thanks for the help guys.
    Um... you posted pics of your Gunner tree twice. So I can't help there. But I was thinking of tryig chain finish myself. I'd wait for a couple more opinions on that.

Your ideal choice for MAGs would be to have a full S-ATK MAG and a full T-ATK MAG. However, I doubt you've spent AC to grab another MAG, but if so good for you. I use a DEX MAG with both BR and BO skills to get full S-ATK and half T-ATK (and half R-ATK but we're not talking about that). If I wasn't pairing with BR and had only one MAG, I'd end up using a full S-ATK MAG since I myself don't cast techs much as BO unless its to heal or change elements on my JBs and can use Switch Strike to make JBs depend on S-ATK for normals and PAs. But this wouldn't work well if you still wanted to cast.

As for good builds to use with BO, this is a topic of... heated debate, to say the least.

You've got BO/HU, with its overall melee boosting and increased survivability.

Then there's BO/FI with that increased T-ATK in addition to S-ATK, or FI/BO if you wanted to add crit and Limit Break to that.

Lastly, there's BO/BR & BR/BO, which doesn't exactly match the melee potential of the previous two, but has increased versatility since you've got quite the balance between melee, ranged, and tech options. Thing is, there's plenty of people in game & on the forums who tell you not to do this (at least not with a DEX MAG) since it isn't the very best and this game focuses on killing as fast as you can, but the freedom to fill in any role in a party is nice, and I was always a fan of Acromasters. (You'd probably be fine with this using a S-ATK MAG and freeing up 5 points on both skill tress if you focused on just melee).

I think there's also BO/TE but I don't know as much about that as others do on here

EDIT: Okay now you've got the Ranger one up. Stun Grenade and Gravity bomb are fairly accessible, and I myself would like to try traps, since investing in traps is a lot cheaper SP wise than before. Bullet keep is also nice (sure you only can switch to launcher to keep the bullets from your AR but hey, at least you can damage stuff without using up your other bullets).

As for Gunner, rare mastery at lvl 1 gives like 30 R-aTK right? That's 1.5% damage you're losing, which isn't anything to cry over. I'd max the chain finish, grab the TMG gear, and probably put the rest into Chain Trigger (for sake of reducing the cooldown). Again, there's more than my opinion for this.
    Last edited by Stealthcmc1974; Aug 31, 2014 at 08:23 AM.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    Lastly, there's BO/BR & BR/BO, which doesn't exactly match the melee potential of the previous two, but has increased versatility since you've got quite the balance between melee, ranged, and tech options. Thing is, there's plenty of people in game & on the forums who tell you not to do this (at least not with a DEX MAG)
    bobr/brbo mags stack actually so a DEX mag gives the same satk as a pure satk mag+dex+free ratk+freetatk.

It only has less % dmg modifiers and no combatescape or switch strike depending which you main.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrificial View Post
    bobr/brbo mags stack actually so a DEX mag gives the same satk as a pure satk mag+dex+free ratk+freetatk.

It only has less % dmg modifiers and no combatescape or switch strike depending which you main.
    Oh I know that, but have you seen Shiyo rant about DEX MAGs in the Bouncer thread? People are still opposed to DEX MAGs, so I felt the need to say that.

it's useful if you're using crafted weapons. it reduces the variance on it, so making cheap weapon with good potential is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post
    it's useful if you're using crafted weapons. it reduces the variance on it, so making cheap weapon with good potential is nice
    I use crafted blue Dualblades with max extension and addred braver to them. I steamroll over things and the damage variance is low. I'm not at full DEX on my MAG yet (lvl 129 I think) but its still good. I'm probably also gonna get Craft Mastery just for that extra 10%. Its also nice for my crafted units.

Now I need to affix my stuff... ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    Oh I know that, but have you seen Shiyo rant about DEX MAGs in the Bouncer thread? People are still opposed to DEX MAGs, so I felt the need to say that.
    Dex mag is bad, if you want to use crafted weapons gear/spec into crit and use a sattk mag. This is how you use crafted weapons, you will NEVER have enough dex to cap your damage variance and 175 sattk is better than 175 dex for pure damage even with crafted weapons. Even with bouncer or braver mag(you shouldn't ever be BO/BR unless you're going pure spellcasting tech build then I don't know what's best but I doubt the 175 sattk is any use for you) 175 dex is still worse than 175 sattk for damage.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Aug 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. It seems that the BO Mag affair is still a hot topic so yea... I finally loaded my RA build, I'm waiting for suggestions.

Badly drawn by me, duh.
    Join the Order!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Dex mag is bad, if you want to use crafted weapons gear/spec into crit and use a sattk mag. This is how you use crafted weapons, you will NEVER have enough dex to cap your damage variance and 175 sattk is better than 175 dex for pure damage even with crafted weapons. Even with bouncer or braver mag(you shouldn't ever be BO/BR unless you're going pure spellcasting tech build then I don't know what's best) 175 dex is still worse than 175 sattk for damage.
    I should have placed bets on whether or not you would come in here and say that.

The point is why choose when combining both MAG skills give me 175 S-ATK AND 175 DEX? We're also getting that lvl cap increase to 80 in the future, as well as the MAG lvl cap to 200. (I just won't get Heal Share on BO nor Rapid Shoot Up on BR)

Also, I'm not gonna be casting offensive techs at all as BR/BO & BO/BR, only really to change the element on my JBs. Only techs I consistently use are Resta, Anit, Shifta, and Deband (Possibly Megiverse).

Before you say anything, I won't be spending money to get MAGs for every ATK type, thank you.

I also value versatility. As I stated earlier, I like being able to fill every role in a party. That's obviously not gonna make me the best in any one area, but I'm fine with being good in all areas (Acromaster FTW). It's what I'm going for, and I don't care if it's not the best.

And before you post anymore Shiyo, just point people to the convo you had about this on the Bouncer thread and be done with it. You've already run this topic into the ground with you opinion, and it took up a ton of space on that thread. I'd like to avoid doing the same on this thread.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be going back to watching my anime. Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cure Shock View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. It seems that the BO Mag affair is still a hot topic so yea... I finally loaded my RA build, I'm waiting for suggestions.
    Mine are alredy up there earlier in the thread.

I'm not going to stop informing people of what they should be putting their points into or feeding their mag in a video game where it costs you IRL money to respec or buy a new mag.

If you want to do a craft build, I will GLADLY guide you through it the proper way.

First, don't sub BR. BO/BR is terrible damage multipliers compared to /HU or /FI. If you want to mainly hit things and melee, sub HU. It's still the best sub for pure striking damage.

Next:
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...eAeFrAfJk0000j

Then:
    Get a bunch of this weapon:
    http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E5%AE%B5

Make an ice, dark, fire, lightning, light and level3 potential + 50 element + extend all of them. This gives you 20% more crit at all times with fury stance up.

You now have 100% crit for 60 seconds every 90 seconds.

You are now using the best possible BO main crit build.

Alternatively, play FI/BO with critical strikes, limit break, etc etc and get all class dual blades and jet boots. I prefer the first method, personally, because I want to play BO not a FI with BO weapons.

There's also a dual blade with Crit damage:
    http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...82%A9%E3%83%AB This is what you should working towards to rainbow as a crit build.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Aug 31, 2014 at 10:14 PM.