Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Asiasoft incurs net loss despite PSO2's release...

In the other topic I mentioned how newer players should reconsider rolling on the JP server even if they are in the SEA region.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/0...lost-revenues/

This can obviously vary depending on the target country, but I don't think this bodes very well for a US release, not that any of you were hopeful anyhow.

Thoughts?

while looking down at comments. . . I seriously laughed hard. . .

since when did SEA Version update faster than JP version?

they update once every month (which is seriously a downfall, they should update AC scratch twice a month as well, how do they think JP ver makes money?)

while we update atleast twice a month, JP PSO2 actually updates faster than most SEA Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    In the other topic I mentioned how newer players should reconsider rolling on the JP server even if they are in the SEA region.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/0...lost-revenues/

This can obviously vary depending on the target country, but I don't think this bodes very well for a US release, not that any of you were hopeful anyhow.

Thoughts?
    I'd say this isn't so much an indicator of a western release not being possible, but of how poorly Asiasoft is handling PSO2. Being behind in content, I understand. But a poor English translation, inflated AC prices (holy cow), and a lackluster community (a small playerbase at that) doesn't bode well for success..
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Something to be expected from Asiasoft, actually.

Experience from online games in SEA region, most people I've met is all about PvP (I lived in SEA region, and the country I lived in is in one of AsiaSoft service area of PSO2), along with ....... higher chance metting people with not so good attitude.

I checked out one of their earlier event and campaign, since some friend of mine is playing the game on SEA (only last 3 days, due to various things in-game) ...... One of the campaign is with Red Bull, I think. But I can't find that "Special" Red Bull thing around (I lived on one of the big city, in AsiaSoft serviced area) ...... On lobby change on August, they also skipped one of the serviced area "Independence Day" event too.

I do wonder why they didn't provide special event or campain in areas they covered. It seems they deliberately skipped them.

Oh, also do note 1 thing ..... RMT felt normal over here. Sure, at first they're forbidden, give them a few days or weeks, it's legal. So, prepare for items in shops that can't be bought unless you buy Meseta / Items with Real Cash.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

It's just one of the many signs as to why people hate Asiasoft.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

The bias you have towards Asiasoft is making you come to that conslusion. But there are plenty of other factors to be considered, be that the state of the market, the game's appeal in said region or others.
    Don't paint things so black and white. Whether Asiasoft "sucks" or not is not necessarily the sole reason, or even a reason for the game failing.

Didn't they make stuff like clothes non-tradeable once equipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    The bias you have towards Asiasoft is making you come to that conslusion. But there are plenty of other factors to be considered, be that the state of the market, the game's appeal in said region or others.
    Don't paint things so black and white. Whether Asiasoft "sucks" or not is not necessarily the sole reason, or even a reason for the game failing.
    I actually have zero bias towards or against Asiasoft. I've never even played a game they host.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I actually have zero bias towards or against Asiasoft. I've never even played a game they host.
    Well, your post was completely neutral in the first place. This is directed at the posts that came after.

I don't think it's specific to Asiasoft? Last I heard Gamania and Garena didn't do so well either.