Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: B-20 reputation

welcome Miyuki_Kamiko to the forums how are you doing
    good how bout you im doing good but you better stay away from B20
    Why? because B20 players do unspeakable horrible things like spam symbol art and live out there fantasy lifes
    But but when i visited B20 i met many helpful players
    you Met the Minority of players that don't actually stay there Miyuki_Kamiko
    but i quested with them for 2 hours
    Miyuki_Kamiko now i know your lying B20 doesn't quest or help people
    ive seen this on multiple occasions
    Miyuki_Kamiko you must be living in some other dimension

these threads really are on repeat i minus well just talk to myself because well it goes in 1 ear and out the other when trying to talk to people on these forums

im willing to say these forums are worse than Block 020 Ship 2
    to live you must kill something for food whether it be a plant or an animal all life depends on the cycle of death.
    "Life is a fleeting dream but Death is eternal"

Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki_Kamiko View Post
    took you long enough, it is worse.

not like B-20 is getting any good, it seems to get even worse month by month.

the happy days in B-20 are long gone. like a year and a half gone.

I read page 1,2,6,7 and 8 and what I learned from it is "stay away from b20 people spam symbol arts and are noobs", which doesn't seem enough for me to give a whole block a bad reputation because yet, it's just some people talking.

The first day I joined this game I made a friend and she invited me in a team and they told me to avoid this block, even though I received this warning I never tried to avoid it, neither I tried to get into it but from what I've seen, the people inside it just look like people hanging out and having fun.

I think the reason why people avoid b20 is because we are foreigner coming in a Japanese game taking control of a ship, block, not making an effort to learn Japanese and people find it rude and don't want to be involved in all this. Does that make sense?

your right B20 is getting worse and i don't blame them
    hackers hang out there
    certain people on these forums treat them like they don't deserve to live
    this is the net where you can be a Racist jerk where theres no consequences
    i swear some of the people who post here put more time reading and Whining on these forums than they do playing the game

B20 is hated on because english players have a place where they can hang out with other people who speak there language And those certain hackers have targeted B20 over and over and over

you know it's really stupid to the point that B20 is hated more than the hackers who screw up the game

hackers do get hate but 2 weeks after they dissapear B20 gets the hate back and keeps it til
    either Sega Nerfs something or does something the community doesn't like but after the hate goes back to B20
    Last edited by Miyuki_Kamiko; Sep 8, 2014 at 06:30 AM.
    to live you must kill something for food whether it be a plant or an animal all life depends on the cycle of death.
    "Life is a fleeting dream but Death is eternal"

welcome Miyuki_Kamiko to the forums how are you doing
    good how bout you im doing good but you better stay away from B20
    Why? because B20 players do unspeakable horrible things like spam symbol art and live out there fantasy lifes
    But but when i visited B20 i met many helpful players
    you Met the Minority of players that don't actually stay there Miyuki_Kamiko
    but i quested with them for 2 hours
    Miyuki_Kamiko now i know your lying B20 doesn't quest or help people
    ive seen this on multiple occasions
    Miyuki_Kamiko you must be living in some other dimension

these threads really are on repeat i minus well just talk to myself because well it goes in 1 ear and out the other when trying to talk to people on these forums

your right B20 is getting worse and i don't blame them
    hackers hang out there
    certain people on these forums treat them like they don't deserve to live
    this is the net where you can be a Racist jerk where theres no consequences
    i swear some of the people who post here put more time reading and Whining on these forums than they do playing the game

B20 is hated on because english players have a place where they can hang out with other people who speak there language And those certain hackers have targeted B20 over and over and over

you know it's really stupid to the point that B20 is hated more than the hackers who screw up the game

hackers do get hate but 2 weeks after they dissapear B20 gets the hate back and keeps it til
    either Sega Nerfs something or does something the community doesn't like but after the hate goes back to B20
    are you ok?

I like how all these people who play on B20 extensively and/or regularly show up in these threads to defend it saying "if there are noobs then help them."

It's not my responsibility to hold somebody's hand in a video game. It's not anybody's but your own. Resources exist where you can read up, or god forbid you could just play the game and figure it out using critical thinking skills you began developing when you were in diapers (not a potshot at any b20 players who are still in diapers).

People (often the same ones) play the victim and make sure to complain about racism too. It's always "You all generalize" this and "This forum is worse than B20!" that. All said while generalizing.

Nobody said there are 0 people on B20 who help new players. Find me the post that said that, I must have missed it. Nobody said there are 0 people on B20 who are remotely decent players. If the closest you can get to that is something along the lines of "b20 is just a bunch of bad players" then you're grasping at straws.

Again: The problem is not new or inexperienced players. The problem is players who refuse to learn. Every time this thread comes up that's what most people say, and they're ignored because some guy said "BR" and B20 players all think they're the ~persecuted minority~ in some online videogame. The problem is the players who all think their way is the best or only way, pulling in different directions, and refuse to consider new input. Yes, those players exist everywhere, but in B20 there are far more and they're loudmouthed shitbags (frequently with symbolarts tied to their attack autowords). The problem is obnoxious people who do obnoxious things, knowing full well how obnoxious it is. Obnoxious as an occasional joke, sure that's funny. Obnoxious as a lifestyle choice is just tragic.

B20 wasn't always looked down upon. When the game came out it was where we all went. You twats did this to yourselves. We had nothing to do with it, so don't go pointing fingers for shit at other people just because they want to keep away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    are you ok?

I like how all these people who play on B20 extensively and/or regularly show up in these threads to defend it saying "if there are noobs then help them."

It's not my responsibility to hold somebody's hand in a video game. It's not anybody's but your own. Resources exist where you can read up, or god forbid you could just play the game and figure it out using critical thinking skills you began developing when you were in diapers (not a potshot at any b20 players who are still in diapers).

People (often the same ones) play the victim and make sure to complain about racism too. It's always "You all generalize" this and "This forum is worse than B20!" that. All said while generalizing.

Nobody said there are 0 people on B20 who help new players. Find me the post that said that, I must have missed it. Nobody said there are 0 people on B20 who are remotely decent players. If the closest you can get to that is something along the lines of "b20 is just a bunch of bad players" then you're grasping at straws.

Again: The problem is not new or inexperienced players. The problem is players who refuse to learn. Every time this thread comes up that's what most people say, and they're ignored because some guy said "BR" and B20 players all think they're the ~persecuted minority~ in some online videogame. The problem is the players who all think their way is the best or only way, pulling in different directions, and refuse to consider new input. Yes, those players exist everywhere, but in B20 there are far more and they're loudmouthed shitbags (frequently with symbolarts tied to their attack autowords). The problem is obnoxious people who do obnoxious things, knowing full well how obnoxious it is. Obnoxious as an occasional joke, sure that's funny. Obnoxious as a lifestyle choice is just tragic.

B20 wasn't always looked down upon. When the game came out it was where we all went. You twats did this to yourselves. We had nothing to do with it, so don't go pointing fingers for shit at other people just because they want to keep away from you.

I normally agree with pretty much all you say Giga, and you had me until your last sentence. You just proved exactly what they're complaining about. If that's not a generalization, I don't know what is. Also this thread needs to die in a fire already, but I'm not helping by adding to this discussion....

Signature by Gama

are you ok?

This.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by The_Brimada View Post
    I normally agree with pretty much all you say Giga, and you had me until your last sentence. You just proved exactly what they're complaining about. If that's not a generalization, I don't know what is. Also this thread needs to die in a fire already, but I'm not helping by adding to this discussion....
    I really didn't, though. Miyuki is being the type of person that pushed me and people I know away from B20 - presumptuous, whiny, playing the victim, exaggerating the opposing side's views and gripes, putting words in peoples' mouths, and refusing to take into account new information.

This thread has multiple people saying things in direct opposition of the picture Miyuki just painted, yet do they go for any of that? No. They drew up some imaginary scenario where they were completely in the right and the other side was completely in the wrong, and like usual in these threads they didn't once touch on any of the reasonable opinions.

Way to strawman son.

Regarding "Talking about an entire block in a thread about that entire block is generalizing!" yes, as it turns out when you talk about a large group of people as a single entity people are going to be able to intentionally misinterpret and misrepresent your stance in an attempt to be the victim. You can't say "[group] is [adjective]" without generalizing. That's the point of talking about a group. This is why you frequently stick in a "generally," "frequently," or "typically."

There are exceptions. There are always exceptions. Those exceptions are clearly not the issue people take with the group at large. There were good Nazis, yet you never see the words "Some Nazis were good guys though, really! We don't want to generalize." in history books because that is completely and unfuckingbelievably asinine. #godwinrulez
    Last edited by gigawuts; Sep 8, 2014 at 07:57 AM.

I really didn't, though. Miyuki is being the type of person that pushed me and people I know away from B20 - presumptuous, whiny, playing the victim, exaggerating the opposing side's views and gripes, putting words in peoples' mouths, and refusing to take into account new information.

This thread has multiple people saying things in direct opposition of the picture Miyuki just painted, yet do they go for any of that? No. They drew up some imaginary scenario where they were completely in the right and the other side was completely in the wrong, and like usual in these threads they didn't once touch on any of the reasonable opinions.

Way to strawman son.
    Oh my, look at the pot calling the kettle black.

This quote perfectly summarizes why there can never be a center of agreement, and that this argument will go on forever.

"Presumptuous" This entire discussion was started because of people's assumptions.
    "Whiny" complaining about it.
    "Playing the victim" Claiming you were pushed away.
    "Exaggerating the opposing side's views and gripes" Do I really need to go into this one?

"This thread has multiple people saying things in direct opposition of the picture Miyuki just painted, yet do they go for any of that? No." Probably because those multiple people are people who are not a part of the thing they are commenting on, and posted information that was exaggerated, out right false, or cherry picked. Feel free to look up the term "Spinning a narrative."

"They drew up some imaginary scenario where they were completely in the right and the other side was completely in the wrong." Are we talking about the same scenario with the people with crafted 2* weapons and people begging for money in a game where you can't even beg for money?

"Like usual in these threads they didn't once touch on any of the reasonable opinions." Right, you mean opinions like the one that was complaining about people using "lol", even though such a thing exists among all cultures on the internet? Like "w" or "hue"? I didn't know expressing laughter was such a terrible thing to do.

People are against your argument because you have displayed a bad argument. There's nothing to take from it because it's either false, already known, or a non-issue. You're *unreasonably* judging people because of what cafeteria table they choose to sit at for lunch.

It would be no better than me just jumping in and saying "PSO-W is a joke for a forum full of self-entitled assholes who ride off the coat-tails of japanese players and think they're better than everyone." Which is funny, because not a single person on the defensive side has directly insulted anyone here.

It's dumb, this whole argument is dumb, and this thread has derailed itself and is currently flying into the sun.

To briefly bring it back on topic. B20 has a bad rep because they're people who come in expecting it to be more than just a big stupid dumb chat room. Using it for anything other than tacos or dailies (If you even need that, I've been soloing most of mine.) That's your fault. Anyone who takes the game seriously already disperses and runs to other blocks when the need calls for it. Not because everyone is bad, assuming that is stupid. Lack of skill is not mutually exclusive. There's bad B20 players, bad PSOW players, bad japanese players. It's everywhere. The thing about B20 is that it's too unfocused for anything else. You go to block 10 - 16 because you know everyone there is going to be running the same EQ you are. That's the reason why blocks have been categorized in the first place.

By insulting others, because some wish to be able to chat and socialize when they wait for their next EQ, or whatever reason. Makes you no better than the bad apples you like to constantly bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by ElicaVonmot View Post
    Oh my, look at the pot calling the kettle black.

This quote perfectly summarizes why there can never be a center of agreement, and that this argument will go on forever.

"Presumptuous" This entire discussion was started because of people's assumptions.
    "Whiny" complaining about it.
    "Playing the victim" Claiming you were pushed away.
    "Exaggerating the opposing side's views and gripes" Do I really need to go into this one?
    Presume =/= Assume
    Whine =/= Complain

And sure, yeah, choosing to avoid loudmouthed idiots makes one a victim now.

Quote Originally Posted by ElicaVonmot View Post
    "Like usual in these threads they didn't once touch on any of the reasonable opinions." Right, you mean opinions like the one that was complaining about people using "lol", even though such a thing exists among all cultures on the internet? Like "w" or "hue"? I didn't know expressing laughter was such a terrible thing to do.
    This is funny to me.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide