Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post XBOX One launch in Japan

http://kotaku.com/japans-xbox-one-la...ect-1630411606

To put it bluntly, it's actually pretty sad. It looks as though it could be deja vu for the Xbox brand in Japan.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Microsoft didn't make it a secret that the XBONE is an American console for Americans. No surprise really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Microsoft didn't make it a secret that the XBONE is an American console for Americans. No surprise really.
    and they didn't have any Japanese games ready for the launch
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

No games at launch? THAT is the most brain damaged concept I have seen.... a sure fire way to kill yyour release, what little customer base you will have in a region.... releasing with no games for it? Oy...

Quote Originally Posted by Squall179 View Post
    No games at launch? THAT is the most brain damaged concept I have seen.... a sure fire way to kill yyour release, what little customer base you will have in a region.... releasing with no games for it? Oy...
    I think he meant all the launch titles that Japan got don't really pander to the Japanese audience. According to the list there are maybe 3 that the Japanese would be interested in.
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/21/582...-launch-titles

As expected.
    I mean, look, the only type of games on this shitty console is games that look like this:
    Spoiler!

and this:
    Spoiler!

and more of this:
    Spoiler!

and it just never ends with this muscle shit asians don't care about.

They just don't get that us asians prefer this:
    Spoiler!

and this:
    Spoiler!

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    stuff
    I didn't know all asians appointed a new spokesman, congrats on the new title!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I didn't know all asians appointed a new spokesman, congrats on the new title!

yes, i'm actually Chairman mao ruler of the Asians.
    Now show me where your red book is before i have to send you to re-education camp.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mctastee View Post
    I think he meant all the launch titles that Japan got don't really pander to the Japanese audience. According to the list there are maybe 3 that the Japanese would be interested in.
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/21/582...-launch-titles
    Ah, I see now. Hell ok, I'll admit it, there isn't a lot on there that I'M interested in and I'm part of the intended audience with the way Microsoft marketed the blasted thing. (White pre-middleage american male)

Did I say a lot? oops.

I meant to say Nothing.

THen again nothing on any of the others interests me either. I dunno what it is about the modern gen games, PC or console or handheld, there is just....nothing interesting me anymore. But the new XBox and its games are actively turning me away and off from interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall179 View Post
    THen again nothing on any of the others interests me either. I dunno what it is about the modern gen games, PC or console or handheld, there is just....nothing interesting me anymore. But the new XBox and its games are actively turning me away and off from interest.
    I've had a lot of this experience since the launch of the previous generation. It seems like most of the games released on consoles these days just don't have the appeal they once had; Microsoft and Sony's offerings in particular. Nintendo is a little better, though even there, I have to admit, while I would have absolutely loved a game like Super Mario Galaxy in 1997, these days I just can't get motivated by it.

Xbox and Playstation games seem to be fairly homogenous, though-- there isn't a lot of outward difference between Battlefield, Call of Duty or Modern Warfare to me, that makes them stand out from eachother. There are some gems that catch my eye, like Saints Row, Tomb Raider and The Last of Us, but then, those aren't really games that I'd want to play on a console, as I don't want to be stuck playing them with a game controller; it still baffles me that FPS and other games where you aim with the camera are so popular with that clumsy damned thing.

It might be interesting to see a few new games steal the show that aren't First or Third Person Shooters. I'm not really asking for a platformer, but it'd be great if someone came up with something new that really makes sense for a console release. That might even motivate me to part with my money.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016