Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by HUnewearl_Meira View Post
    I've had a lot of this experience since the launch of the previous generation. It seems like most of the games released on consoles these days just don't have the appeal they once had; Microsoft and Sony's offerings in particular. Nintendo is a little better, though even there, I have to admit, while I would have absolutely loved a game like Super Mario Galaxy in 1997, these days I just can't get motivated by it.

Xbox and Playstation games seem to be fairly homogenous, though-- there isn't a lot of outward difference between Battlefield, Call of Duty or Modern Warfare to me, that makes them stand out from eachother. There are some gems that catch my eye, like Saints Row, Tomb Raider and The Last of Us, but then, those aren't really games that I'd want to play on a console, as I don't want to be stuck playing them with a game controller; it still baffles me that FPS and other games where you aim with the camera are so popular with that clumsy damned thing.

It might be interesting to see a few new games steal the show that aren't First or Third Person Shooters. I'm not really asking for a platformer, but it'd be great if someone came up with something new that really makes sense for a console release. That might even motivate me to part with my money.
    *Coughs* Mighty No. 9 *Coughs*

Sorry, had to clear my throat. In all seriousness, it is also coming to PC, but I figure this makes sense for consoles.

If you're talking about games in General, what about LBP3, Another World, Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey - New 'n' Tasty?

Also notice, only one of these four titles going to Xbox. PS4 is the way to go of the two IMO.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

You make a good argument there, Stealth, and you're likely right; if games like those got a bit more coverage, I might be more readily swayed to buy a console.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Eh, Mighty Number 9.... thats about the only one of those that has my interest.

...even then its only because it reminds me of a series that was killed.

The others, LBP3 is another LBPgame and the others... I have the original version of that Oddworld Entry. I don't need another HD Remix/remake/whatevertheycallit.

I've taken to just modding the hell out of Oblivion and making a new game out of it. Got a little project going on, and a majority of it isn't go here kill that/grab an item stuff. personal thing, mainly just because I want to. An actual adventure.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

HEY don't you guys leave out Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero which is coming out to pc (first) for sure!

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Yikes the launch in Japan was awful for sure. Its like they did a faceplant and knocked all their teeth out. That being said I told myself I didn't plan on buying the new consoles so I could cut back on my gaming purchases and just stick with my PC

I think I'm going to invest in an Xbox One over the PS4 simply b/c all the shump companies are sticking with Microsoft, and well b/c Forza Horizon 2 looks pretty sweet (loved the 1st one). It's such a niche genre even in Japan that having them continue to release on the Microsoft platform (and with the XB1 being region free) I'll be able to import all the shumps that come out without having to invest in a Japanese XB1.

Its nice that they stayed loyal to Microsoft after the way Sony basically kicked all the small shump companies to the curb back when PS3 was released due to their all too expensive dev kits, poor arcade to console coding, and some arrogance (as mentioned by CAVE a few years back).
    Last edited by Mantiskilla; Sep 27, 2014 at 03:36 AM.