Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    We basically tried everything to get it to work again. Redownloading gameguard, checking files, even reinstalling and repatching the game. And I'm really really out of ideas what to do.

Additional info on the error:My friend is able to connect to the PSO2.jp website with my VPN - but when she starts the game she gets a server timeout error and the game freezes together with the computer.

Does anybody else have any idea what else we could do? :/
    >Server timeout

Are you trying to connect to game server with pso2proxy+tweaker?
    If so, did you enable "Translate Item" option from tweaker menu?

Nope she has a private vpn to me. nothing like PSO2proxy etc.
    Alternatively, she tried using the Amazon VPN which causes the same error tho.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Nope she has a private vpn to me. nothing like PSO2proxy etc.
    Alternatively, she tried using the Amazon VPN which causes the same error tho.
    Maybe you should try to stop any unnecessary background service or try to temporarily uninstall antivirus and see if its working or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    I use Avast. Much better alternative to Norton and plays nice with PSO2 and GG, at least for me. Even if Norton isn't what is causing it, I'd still swap Norton for Avast.

Also, has your friend tried using the Proxy Server to connect instead of VPN?
    I had to uninstall Avast back in 2012 as it was making PSO2 freeze (random crashes or black screen at start with Gameguard crashing) due to Gameguard not liking it. I actually wonder if any antivirus hasn't had problems with Gameguard before.
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by SuKKrl View Post
    I had to uninstall Avast back in 2012 as it was making PSO2 freeze (random crashes or black screen at start with Gameguard crashing) due to Gameguard not liking it. I actually wonder if any antivirus hasn't had problems with Gameguard before.
    SUKKRL! *glomps*

ALSO, I now have Avast! on my computer with PSO2...and it works. Dunno if it'll work for others, though.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    SUKKRL! *glomps*

ALSO, I now have Avast! on my computer with PSO2...and it works. Dunno if it'll work for others, though.
    EN! Its been a while! I guess no shooting back this time. *glomps back*

Btw, I might try Avast again then as it seems to be working again with the game. Also, when I had that problem I tried almost all the solutions here except the ones that involves registry (ccleaner and such), so I really recommend going for the antivirus first.

Another thing that came to mind now, is your friend using any kind of overlay? I remember reading about Gameguard not liking Evolve that much although I doubt it is the cause.
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙

Norton, causing problems for everyone since forever. Though a friend of mine uses Norton on his laptop and PSO2 runs fine.

1. Disable/uninstall AV and replace it with something else.
    2. Remove unneccessary background processes.
    3. Defrag your hard drives.
    4. I'm not sure if PSO2 is compatible with Win8, but it should be. Most people find this as their number 1 culprit.

バックギアはない。。。All we need is DRIVE!
    IGN :: ホモゲーバスター
    Ship 1 - Feoh

We basically tried everything to get it to work again. Redownloading gameguard, checking files, even reinstalling and repatching the game. And I'm really really out of ideas what to do.

Additional info on the error:My friend is able to connect to the PSO2.jp website with my VPN - but when she starts the game she gets a server timeout error and the game freezes together with the computer.

Does anybody else have any idea what else we could do? :/
    I'm guessing since you encounter "server timeout error" it's probably a case with your ISP but with the computer freezing at the same time it makes me think that the PCs RAM is being used up somewhere whilst playing, I suggest using Razer Cortex(previously known as Razer Game Booster) to clear up some RAM for the game.

Last edited by Zellith; Sep 24, 2014 at 01:42 AM.

had the same issue with windows 8.1 you need to make sure you run as admin all the time otherwise you'll get bsod or emergency restart.
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

Quote Originally Posted by Hobu View Post
    4. I'm not sure if PSO2 is compatible with Win8, but it should be. Most people find this as their number 1 culprit.
    it's compatible with both 8 and 8.1
    I'm playing on 8 and it works fine for me.