Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    whew @ umbral megid not being nerfed.
    This, definitely this.
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    Meteor Cudgel itself isn't being nerfed, but there will limit placed on the number of whirlwinds you can have going at once (presumably they will still build gear).
    I'm okay with this, especially since it doesn't fuck over anything but shift spam. Was kinda worried that either the Chaos Riser spam or Double Sabers in general would get crippled in general play for that gimmick.

Elysion's latent will be nerfed.
    Additionally, the custom technics that will be nerfed in October are Ice Fang Nabarta and Umbral Namegid (the ones that boost damage).[/quote]Double dip nerfs, oh my!

The fact that they aren't touching fire technics shows they continue to have no grasp on the current balance...
    I'd agree that they're not the most OP techs I can think of, but I think I understand why.

As far as I know, this is entirely due to the way they changed the notation; those two techs are the only one where the Power notation went down to properly reflect values. With that in mind, Namegid is gaining double the intended amount of bonus damage, and Nabarta is gaining 2.23 what it's supposed to from crafted techniques.

Refer back to this image:
    Spoiler!

As far as I know, the only error was that Backhand Smash had the -20% modifier before so there wasn't an actual change in damage (I'd forgotten about that mod, too).

I'd imagine that they get brought back down to the proportional upgrade that they were before the Ep3 changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It's the crafts specifically people are talking about. I don't remember which techs specifically but a few are getting too much from being crafted.

At least that's what people are saying. I have no idea.
    Take this with a grain of salt, since I basically stopped playing Force a while back (and I never did any serious stuff while even playing it) but here we go:

Before Ep3, FO/FI and FO/BR were useful because they could stack huge multipliers on one of the three FO elements. Of these, fire was probably the most popular to work with especially since so much stuff that people wanted to speedrun (TAs, TDs) had loads and loads of fire-weak mobs.

Now:

• All the basic fire techs got huge buffs (again look at that chart).
    • Force tree is streamlined so that Fire-spec builds can focus entirely on upping damage relevant to fire techs.
    • Fighter Stances and Weak Stance on Braver got increased multipliers and their penalties removed. Fighter tree also has additional skills that come in handy for Force users, like Tech JA Arts. Skills like Halfline/PP slayer now affect TATK as well.

Those builds are pretty ridiculous now. FO/TE still gets a lot of similar upgrades as well.
    Last edited by Walkure; Sep 16, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

no fire tech nerf, wth ...

how about guld milla nerf ?

I'm fine with those 2 customized tech nerfs but Elysion's latent? Why? I was expecting fire techs to be nerfed too.
    [Ship 10] 鈴 - Fi/Br/Fo/~ | 白雪 - Br/Hu/Bo | Izumi - Fo/Br/Te
    Mashiro - Ra/Br/Hu/Gu
    Team: Lux Aeterna

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post

As far as I know, this is entirely due to the way they changed the notation; those two techs are the only one where the Power notation went down to properly reflect values.
    Ilfoie was another one whose notation went down. It doesn't have a recipe that increases damage though. Both its recipes DECREASE damage IIRC.

The issue is, Sega is nerfing these two customizations. However, any technic with power-changing recipes was changed. Those are the only two recipes that got better. Everything else got worse, and they aren't showing any sign of fixing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

I consider the changing of MC's potential the true nerf.
    there was a really strong DS (strongest in the game stat wise) that gave you better chances to find good fodder you can either use yourself or sell for $$$.
    No shenanigans of switching weapons just before the boss did or crystal is popped (when is the actual calculation of items?) but just use a strong weapon from A to Z without even the chance to mess up.

Nope. Denied. Trolled. Gotcha good there.

Fire techs are amazing even as FoTe (in fact you'll probably want Te for Territory Burst and PP Convert). In EP2 Zondeel-based TD runs you had a Force supporting with Zondeel while melee dished out the damage. What happened in EP3 was that Gifoie was given a massive buff, so now Forces can fill both support and damage roles. With multiple Forces camping spawns and alternating between Zondeel and Gifoie, mobs will simply melt as they spawn.

On top of that, you have Rafoie to take care of anything that slips by, is far away, or spawns one-by-one. Despite being a hitscan tech (perfect accuracy, instant hit) it deals 20k+ damage which is enough to OHKO smaller mobs and kill larger mobs in a few hits. Oh, and it also benefits from S-charge so again, with multiple Forces anything is going to be exploding as soon as it spawns.

The Elysion nerf is probably because of how strong Namegid is with it:
    http://nicotter.net/watch/sm24437563
    Last edited by Aine; Sep 16, 2014 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    there was a really strong DS (strongest in the game stat wise) that gave you better chances to find good fodder you can either use yourself or sell for $$$.
    No shenanigans of switching weapons just before the boss did or crystal is popped (when is the actual calculation of items?) but just use a strong weapon from A to Z without even the chance to mess up.

Nope. Denied. Trolled. Gotcha good there.
    When crystal breaks, is when calcuations of items are done.

When soloing it doesnt even matter changing weapons, it takes 1-2 seconds tops..
    When in a party farming fodders normally everyone would say 'r' when they are ready for crystals to break
    In mpa's you can just swap when the boss has 10% or less HP to be sure to grab it in time?
    Also its far cheaper to grind a 7* to +10 3 times then an 11* to +10 4 times...

Imo it really isnt a hassle, not sure if your trolling either...
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Ilfoie was another one whose notation went down. It doesn't have a recipe that increases damage though. Both its recipes DECREASE damage IIRC.
    Oh, missed that one.

The issue is, Sega is nerfing these two customizations. However, any technic with power-changing recipes was changed. Those are the only two recipes that got better. Everything else got worse, and they aren't showing any sign of fixing that.
    Yeah, but outside of some exceptions (e.g. Nafoie, which.... I don't know what it's useful for anymore) most of the techs have less power gains from bonuses because they got buffed as a whole. They should probably look at the techs that didn't get any major buff but changed notation upward anyways. Do any of those techs have Power customization as a top choice, anyways?

Edit: Oh look, yep, Nafoie does with Flame 3. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Potentials are what make a high-tier weapon strong, though.

And everyone knows that Madam's Umbrella is the new top-tier Skilled Trainer weapon. Such class!

And it's even multi-class too!

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    Fire techs are amazing even as FoTe (in fact you'll probably want Te for Territory Burst and PP Convert). In EP2 Zondeel-based TD runs you had a Force supporting with Zondeel while melee dished out the damage. What happened in EP3 was that Gifoie was given a massive buff, so now Forces can fill both support and damage roles. With multiple Forces camping spawns and alternating between Zondeel and Gifoie, mobs will simply melt as they spawn.
    Oh cool, I'd assumed that most people were just dump trucking everything with a straight damage sub. That sense for mining strategies.
    The Elysion nerf is probably because of how strong Namegid is with it:
    http://nicotter.net/watch/sm24437563
    That's a lot of collateral damage if that's all that they were trying to nerf. Why not just nerf uncharged Namegid?
    Last edited by Walkure; Sep 16, 2014 at 08:44 AM.

To be honest, I don't know why they are nerfing Elysion on top of Namegid... just seems kind of excessive. Going to hurt Techer a lot for large enemies/bossing.