Lightbulb PSO EP III Detailed Notes Redux

I have continued the work of Cranberry and Ruby Eclipse to lock down some missing data for the PSO series. I'm going to avoid rehashing known information. I will instead place new information including my theories or possible misinformation regarding the game and found data.

For reference:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111944
    http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...oilers!*/page3
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204265
    (more to follow)

I will also supply the Act and side the evidence I found (i.e. what quest section of either hero, dark, or both sides). The format will be 'Character name + # which is the story section). I will also reference webpages with relevant research materials

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HEROSIDE Information

-Very few hunters know of the Germ and it's antidote (entire hunter story sections especially Across time 2). Only Nef and Break initially know about it. Creinu assuredly knows the history as well. Yan's brother's research data was 'degraded' likely to it being somewhat old and not maintained, locked away in storage for the governments changing attention from researching Germ to finding the Great Shadow itself. Yet the hunters protecting the data (Saligun and Stella) had no idea what was on the data.

-Guykild was likely under the similar OPSS protocols as Reiz and is actually a plant from the Lab (Pentaglass 6/Guykild Bot 21/Sil'fer 12). This is an inference based on Guykild being added during story section 6. Pentaglass mentions a shift in attitude by Natasha Melrose, who is aligned with Arkz, along with whole 'Guykild Bot' or the little service droid fears Guykild and Sil'fer, a newman, is also leery of him, most likely due to non-humans being of lower social standard to humans. In ALL of Guykild's mission, he is either only fighting a non-human, or at least fighting 1 along with never officially teamed with a non-human (only teams up with Ino'lis [Hero 8]). Around the time after Reiz is coming to terms with her bonds, Guykild is released from his. (Hero 20~21) though likely before then. Potentially the reasoning can be that this is due to my following point.

-Karen is around the same age as Break. (Karen 15)

-Sil'fer is a clone. This is an inference based on her not having memories prior to being stabbed in the heart with the antidote. This 'antidote' (reference the Across Time arc) only stabilizes the Germ disease but not cure it for there is no recorded person being cured of it. Sil'fer being a clone coincides with her not caring about section id scans (Break 18 ) and Sil'fer having an inner conversation and being the only person to talk to great length about Kranz cloning (along with her feeling that the cloned Kranz is not anything like the original. Sil'fer 19). With Sil'fer being a clone, this would also corroborate her dying when Break stabbed her, but the government wanted to preserve her as they did Sophia (and Yan's brother) due to being in contact with the Great Shadow. However, clone research was mostly scrapped and due to her memory loss, she was basically an inert project. Sil'fer recovering her memory does not refute this earlier as she wasn't dead upon arrival at the hospital. She was most likely ID scanned to preserved the information around the Great Shadow. This data was likely corrupted along with being somewhat limited as Sil'fer did even know what the mission Break and Sophia were on when she tailed them. Furthermore even clone Kranz's memory was fuzzing during the events leading up to the Morgue attack even if you consider him skipping the id scan for a few days.

-Monica is a friend of Karen. She is close to the same age as Karen (which means she is close to Break's age). (Entire Phantom shop series). Monica might work within the government which would be likely as she is Karen's friend as well as her being allowed to spam the quest board with near useless requests that Karen asks for the player to take on as a favor (even though Monica is shelling out the quest fees for the quest [Quest giver 19 Phantom Shop storyline]. Monica is an active user of Net 5. Her mother was a hunter who died shortly after giving birth to her [Phantom Shop 4]. Going through her mother's diary, she found entries about cake come up a lot. There was an entry where her mother found the 3 sisters in a caves mission. For whatever reason, Monica wanted to try the cake as well. It doesn't appear that she is a hunter as she would have likely gone down there on her own.

-Will [Pentaglass' son] is using the Ragol artifacts you give him as proof that he has visits Ragol (Final Homework (3rd one)). Pentaglass doesn't spend much time with him, and apparently both Will and Pentaglass aren't much alike (Karen 4). This likely means that Will doesn't get to go to Ragol, but might have gone once before given that he knows that lay of the land. This might also mean that Will and Romeo are classmates and Will is competing against Romeo (who has a pet Rappy and is connected to the Environment Bureau). Romeo may be telling him about places he's been and Will is acting like he's been there, takes that information he learns, and creates a quest for the player to do after asking his father. The 2 knowing each other makes sense especially given the existence of Romeo's quest request 'Lost Rappy' appearing at the same time Will makes his homework request. At any rate, Will has access to a lot of the environmental data.

-Gunther is likely Dol Grisen's son (Development 4).

-Guykild hates music (Song Request, Darkside 11)

-Glustars' friend, whom originally had to dream of providing a good education for the lower class races, might appear in PSO ep 1. He is likely a newman, though doesn't have to be, and was a hunter. He had an affinity towards doing things by the book, since Glustar believes said friend wouldn't approve of how he (glustar) acquires money. Glustar calls him a 'War buddy'. We don't know how old Glustar is, but there really isn't any 'war' during the events of PSO unless he is calling what hunters did on Ragol a war. In such case, it makes sense as it's the only time hunters were dying.

-The repairs on the Morgue after the Arkz attack was at least a week long (Guard nearest Pentaglass 19)

-The government is experimenting on people by putting implants (chips) in their bodies. (Last Chance 2, darkside 10). [Work in progress]

-Hal (from Heroside Challenge 6) is likely a hunter as he is aware of CARD technology and is able to discern what cards are more powerful than the cards he currently owns. He doesn't know who KC is, which points to him at least being aligned with the government. His position is unknown, so he could even be a scientist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
    DARKSIDE Information

-EP 4 in Blue Burst does not seem to corroborate that Principal Tyrell was NOT principal during time EP 3 claims he was demoted, UNLESS EP 4 claims to take place in the environmental bureau. EP 4 takes place in AUW 3091, 2 years after EP 2 (when Ogla flow is defeated). Tyrell was demoted in that same year of AUW 309. [However, given my relatively limited story play of EP 4 involving interacting with anyone within the principal office, the game might have mentioned this.]

-Colin Tyrell serves as the Arkz founder or initial head man. (Endu 17/ Vice Chief 4). He was most likely the one responsible for heading the uprising against Dol Grisen as in that same year, he disappears. Endu claims that 'Break and everyone will finish what Colin set out to do." Endu is either taking about the primary mission of Arkz (anti-Gov) or to destroy Germ. In either case.

-Romeo is MOST LIKELY Tyrell's son (Red 4/Vice Chief 4/Text dump). You learn of Tyrell's unborn son in the texture dump files of the scrolling title screen message. The boy would be about 10 years old around the events of EP 3. Red has a personal affinity towards the child and his father whereas the Vice chief explicitly states that the boy is the son of a 'man [who] lost his social standing on Pioneer 2'. This man 'was deeply involved with the Arkz from the very beginning and he's done a lot for the Chief, I hear'. There is, however, a possible counterpoint also from the Vice Chief that might be a misinterpretation/translation of the text. "The man who took him in...his current father, has been deeply involved..." This can mean a number of things:
    1) It is still Tyrell and this is a mistranslation. They were talking about Romeo.
    2) They were talking about Romeo but there is a surrogate father that is also involved with Arkz that is either Tyrell or not Tyrell.
    It's easier for me to believe the #1 as the evidence points to this man being Tyrell. It's a pain to have to consider 'The man who took him in.." in relation to 'his current father". Either they both mean the same thing, namely 'his biological father', or they are eluding that Tyrell is still alive 'his current father, has been deeply involved with the Arkz...." The Lost Rappy quest can serve as an analogy of how Romeo feels about his situation. "She probably gets lonely when her mom and dad aren't around."
    Due to the numerous typos and errors in translations, I will assume Romeo is indeed Colin Tyrell's son. We don't know, however, whom adopted him, but it was likely someone that was familiar with Ragol and the government bureaucracy to even allow the child to have a rappy let alone visit Ragol.

-ARKz managed to steal one of Blitz's capsules (Red 13) but are unable to access it.

-Peko is similarly aged to Creinu, though younger (Red 11)

-Rio goes AWOL during the Morgue raid (Rio 16)

-Peko can make cards, though limited by his interest, only cards that summon food he can merely taste for a moment. (Peko 12) He successfully makes 1,000 of these food cards (Peko 18 )

-Working theory: KC is in love with Rufina (KC 12). He knows, however, that she likes Break. He might only care for her.

-Endu was born as a child at the same time the Germ was created (Endu 22). Most likely obvious information, but I hadn't seen it explicitly stated. He, however, has ZERO connection to the Germ between being the Yin to its Yang. No mental connection, genetic, telepathic or anything else he could have sensed the Germ.

-Lura's Rudimentary Maiden's Heart is preserving Sophia in some form (Last Chance 2, Darksid 10/Lura 3) [Work in progress]

-Rufina is a clone of Red's cloned daughters. (Creinu 22/Rufina 21)

-Arkz holds the remaining cloned daughters of Red somewhere on Rbase. (Creinu 22)

-Arkz is an aligned subsection of the Environmental Bureau, which is responsible for DARK C.A.R.D. research (all missions from Environment Team). This is likely known information. All of the missions that require you to collect environment data was for the development of new Cards (Research 3, Darkside 17). Most likely due to fears of hacking attempts, the messages were made to appear as official data-collection experiments.

-Natasha Melrose's lab is aligned with Arkz. (Arkz entire section.) I can pull of some data that mentions it, but if you notice the garbs the scientists in EP 2 and in R-base wear. They are the same design. Furthermore the lone scientist that develops the enemy cards talks about how he worked in the government. (Arkz 2)

-Black Paper is aligned with Arkz (which coincides with Black Paper being aligned with the Lab). Most likely known information as we know that Peko, Memoru, and Creinu are members of Black Paper.

-Rbase began on P2 (Guard nearest Red- 1). This was probably around the time during the uprising.

-Arkz found the Germ first. Due to the prevention measures from the missions they launched, they likely interrupted the Hunters long enough to find the Germ first. Furthermore, we can equalize the Blitz data with the Sophia data. Due to the likelihood that the Environmental Bureau knew more about the environment of Ragol, they would have a better understanding of photon flow and layouts. Karen notes in story section 22 that 'We've pinpointed the location of the Great Shadow. Before the government catches on..." The morgue was acting on its own around section 19. It's not too farfetched to assume that Karen aligned herself with Arkz shortly after sympathizing with their ideals (reference chapter; searching). She doesn't report Ino'lis to the government/Pentaglass (Karen 18 ). This is only a theory however (regarding Karen). Regardless of who found the Germ first, it is assumed that the Germ was destroyed.

- Hyze has a fan that is has connections with C.A.R.D. technology as the reward for Song Request (Hyze 14) is Mighty Knuckle, which someone threw at him on stage. The fan is Monica (Heroside Phantom Shop 2 11), Karen's friend, how attended Hyze's performance. She likes his music which may be her mother's favorite songs. These songs are old. Refer to Monica section.

-Peko's surrogate mother 'Susan' is Sue from PSO (Peko and Memoru 14). Memoru explains that Susan is a top-investor of Arkz. If you recall, Sue is a member of Black Paper back even in EP 1. She would be 22 years older from then which would explain why Memoru believes she is 'at least middle-aged' as she wasn't too old during EP1. She mentions that she is a newman likely taking anti-aging drugs.

-ARKz employs young members including female guards (something not see [or I haven't seen] in the entire PSO history). There is a young-looking human guarding the Rbase as well as a woman. The young man could be an adult-aged short man, but his stature seems to rule against it. He could be using anti-aging drugs, but it seems unlikely due to that being something Neumans and Nef uses. I only note this as it shows how ARKz is a rag-tag group of protesters.

-"The only reason we are able to analyze creature data like this is because some past Hunter left behind data from a battle in the memorial hall in the Central Dome ruins." -(Darkside Scientist 3). I believe this was Tyrell [text dump] as he was fighting in the ruins to find Rico. He perished somewhere therein, but left being the data capsules, and, along with being part of the Environmental Bureau, would have been the one best qualified to leave creature data. It wouldn't make sense for Blitz to do this due to his alignment and likely lack of knowledge of creature data. That, and Blitz didn't venture into the ruins. His capsules were outside of the Dome and elsewhere.

-The side mission woman for ARKz is very much infatuated with Red as well as a number of years older than him.

-KC and Break stole the Rudimentary Maiden's Heart not too long after Sophia dies. This is a memory core used to preserve... memories. This is better explained as the section id recorded the government uses. However it was incomplete. I don't know the effects of an incomplete memory core, but it seems related to why Lura keeps asking for a 'heart unit'. (Lura throughout the game). The time KC and Break stole the memory core is same time Break also stole CARD data from the Lab or perhaps is the data that was stolen. Both he and KC were driven out of P2, so it doesn't seem likely Break got an opportunity to infiltrate the Lab again before the Morgue raid. (KC 18 )

-Romeo's pet Rappy is named Kate. The rappy you return to him for the Lost Rappy (Arks 4) mission is either the original Kate or a different rappy. Romeo says her voice is different. Another interesting thing about this mission is that the Hunter equivalent (Homework help 1) is in a different area but Kylria mentions during the rappy mission says "So you are searching for research materials." which is obviously the materials Will was requesting for his 'homework'. Why Kylria would think the ARKz would help him is beyond me. She mentions during that stage of the storyline for Heroside that she was not impressed with the homework mission (Kylria 4). Later, Ohgun goes on a mission to save a she-rappy that was hurt during one of the hunter engagements (Ohgun 17/Darkside Save the Rappy 17). Perhaps the rappy the hunters took was indeed the wrong one while the real Kate was hurt either during the fight or some other time. In either case, Kate is back to living on the forest.

-Creinu returns to ARKz with the clones of Red's daughters during stage 8 of ARKz (Endu 8/Creinu 22). Endu looked inside one of the human-sized containers and spots a 'a little something.' He had received direct orders from ARKz top investor to nab the capsules. Rufina searches the abandoned building for her 'sisters', but it's empty saved for crumpled paper (Rufina 21). Creinu (Creinu 22) said that the clones were never there in that building, though other things were (of value). The clones were elsewhere. She does this under orders of Red, who is (still) obsessed with his daughters. He is collecting the malformed subjects.

-KC protected Rufina while she was in the abandoned building. She passed out not to long after entering likely due to the trauma she faced while there (KC 21).

-Working Theory: The top investor of ARKz is: Natasha Melrose or Irene. It's likely Natasha based on what I stated in her section. If it's Natasha, Creinu is somehow connected to the Lab being being part a member of Black Paper.

-Ohgun has a solar powered charger. (Ohgun 9)

-Theory: Rio worked with Leo Granhart within WORKS. (Rio 10)

I almost have enough proof on who Red is, but I don't want to post it until it's conclusive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    MISCELLANEOUS Information

-Tyrell and Blitz are dead. (text dump/Endu 22). In much the same 'death' of Rico and Flowen, they are but disembodied spirits most likely visualize on the Germ.

-Yan's brother was part of the team that discovers how to stabilize the Germ infection. (Across Time 1-3 Darkside sections 6,14,19). Yan reveals that his brother found that Kukuls herbs stabilize the disease which he himself (Yan's brother) contracted. Yan's brother was frozen likely due to preserve his knowledge of Germ and it's potential or actual cure (the antidote Break uses) along with hiding the evidence.

-Wando is an old-model CAST and is likely somewhere in PSO EP 1-2. I'm currently researching him.

-Wando (Update) he was likely working for the government whose only purpose was to find and kidnap Jean Carlo along with securing Rbase information. Wando ends up getting kidnapped himself after successfully nabbing the doctor (Intruder quest DArkside 8 ) which leads to the Hunters believing that there were 'Humanoid kidnappings". The 'Taken' quest is a government quest whom seems to talk as though they were covering something up at the end (Heroside Taken 10). Lura was, of course, unaware of the kidnappings, while Pentaglass and the government are pointing a finger at ARKz. Wando's fate is unknown, but it's likely Red let him go after interrogating him.

-Endia is a gourmet and supposedly famous, though not as renown as Peko. There doesn't seem to be any importance to this character.

-Liz is a photographer and likely a journalist similar to Nol Rinale in PSO 1-2. She uses Net 5 and is allowed to go down to Ragol, but to get pictures of Dolor Odor, which she heard about. We can conclude that she 'heard' about it on her job as a request from the higher ups. Why they told her to get pictures of Dolor Odor, I don't know. Perhaps it was a scare tactic to convince the population of P2 that Ragol is not liveable yet. (Ragol Photos 20).

-Net 5 is a underground news service. It's likely similar to Reddit and Neoseeker as anyone can post anything including whistle blowing. The government (and Arkz) must keep tabs on it as they both receive information regarding important people or rumors along with having members of this associations post on Net 5 (Ino'lis 7/Challenge Heroside 6/Ohgun 17).

-Jean Carlo is the only logical engineer people are looking for. (Reiz 15/Last Chance 1-3/Magic Hands 1-2). Here's the thing, Reiz mentions being helped by a man named Jean... but she said he was a human. I want to believe this was an error as we all know Jean was a newman and the game does a pretty good job at named the races of the individual people especially if they are non-human. Relmitos in Last Chance 2 mentions that the technician wasn't there, but there was 'only a strange girl" which would make her Elenor. As a surprise for me, I can confirm that both the government and Arkz were indeed looking for the same man, and the government did find him first. In Magic Hands 2 the hunters find Jean for Wando. This happens before Last Chance 2. Let me back up. Wando is finding his information and posting it on Net 5. Endia, the quest requester of Delicious Dish (Hero 10) was informed by Wando about the hunters fulling his request (likely mentioned what the quest was). Red mentions in Last Chance 2 that they received new info on the technician. Not-so-coincidenctally the 2 missions take place in the same spot with Relmitos as the opponent (who is most in the know with the government agenda and has the most political power amongst the Hunters). Most likely the Security Division from the government detained Jean soon after the Wando mission. I'm currently not sure why they detained him (outside of possible knowledge that Arkz was looking for him), but I'll research this further. In any event, Arkz nabs him from the Security Division.

-People that use anti-aging drugs: Sil'fer (Sil'fer 2), Nef (Relmitos), Susan (Memoru 14). Likely using them: Creinu and Peko.

-Bernie ISN'T Blitz =( (Delicious Dish 10 and some other resources that I'll have to find). The resources I found noted that Bernie died. Even if that were false, during the Delicious Dish quest, Creinu notes that Kylria was the only person to work with Blitz. We all know that Bernie works with the player and a host of other npcs.

[will add more later]
    Last edited by tlbww; Jan 3, 2015 at 04:56 PM.

Wasn't there also something mentioned about a relation to a "doctor who fixes androids" with Ohgun and Reiz at one point? I always thought that was an obvious reference to Dr. Montague who essentially finishes all connections with the Lab after the Soul of Steel quest.

Quote Originally Posted by fighgunners View Post
    Wasn't there also something mentioned about a relation to a "doctor who fixes androids" with Ohgun and Reiz at one point? I always thought that was an obvious reference to Dr. Montague who essentially finishes all connections with the Lab after the Soul of Steel quest.

Yeah it was and I believe this was indicated in Cransberry's analysis along with others for sure. I put so more info about it in my post.

updated.

Added some new character information from the hunter story and some minor fixes.

Currently working on Arkz side story characters and the identities of these characters (including Red)

Thanks for taking the time to take more notes, I missed a few on my three playthroughs of the game it would seem; this should help my own notes. By the way, is it Nef or Nel Miyama? I thought they referred to him as Nef.

Quote Originally Posted by fighgunners View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to take more notes, I missed a few on my three playthroughs of the game it would seem; this should help my own notes. By the way, is it Nef or Nel Miyama? I thought they referred to him as Nef.
    Was a typo.

MAJOR UPDATE.

-Sorted the information based on side category (will subcategorize them later)
    -Added some important information about: Wando, Red Clones, KC, and a few other things in the mix.

I'm almost done with the bulk of my findings.

I've plucked away at the majority of the world content and have even gone as far as translating the PSO speek words throughout Pioneer 2.

It won't include this in my original post, but I figured I should provide some details as to the identity of "Red".

I originally thought Red was Ash, but the age doesn't seem right. I don't think Ash would have gotten very close to Tyrell for Tyrell to assist him (Ash) in the deaths of Red's daughters. Furthermore, Ash was a little young in Ep 1 to have met someone, procreated, held some type of militia pull to lead an ARKZ squad, and be a core member.

After investigating the all of the key male players (and a majority of the minor ones), am more than 68% sure that Red is Dan from the Lab (EP 2). One reason I focused so much on EP2 was that it was the episode made before EP 3, which would likely influence a portion of the game. I figured that EP 4 had little if anything to do with 3 (4 has next to nothing to do with 3), so all of the research I had from 4 proved nothing more than that it was a fruitless venture to investigate Ep 4. In any case, I became curious about Dan. I already noted that there are lab-uniformed officials in R-base. With that an the insider tip that Natasha Melrose is aligned with ARKz, it seemed to support that someone in Ep 2 was very closely connected with Red. Then there was how Red does not enlist former hunters. If you remember, Dan does not trust hunters to work with the lab group in the quest series where you gain access to (ultimately) the Seabed. He (also) puts the player under a series of tests to prove themselves. In a lesser (though similar) fashion, Red does the same to the player in Ep 3. This, at least, made the 2 characters very similar.

There is also the model, mentality, and clearance of Red and Dan. Both have same colored eyes and hair. Both analyze data and monitor activity from Government officials (Dan > Melrose || Red > any P2 official). Dan would have clearance to most if not all of the lab sectors. One of the lab npcs tells the player that no one without clearance can be in the lab area. If we remember that Red destroys part of the cloning lab, it would make sense that he used his clearance to easily gain access (or at least his familiarity with the sector as it's not likely Tyrell wanted Red to destroy the lab, thus not providing Red with any information on vital lab equipment). Since the lab destruction was a solo job, it's HIGHLY likely that Red had an established knowledge base of the cloning section and clearance beyond what would likely be provided to "the father of test subjects". The only guy that fits the qualifications to all of these standards is Dan.

Dan seems like the best candidate. He held some leadership roles in the lab, likely giving him a good about of leadership experience. He was wearing soldier garb (that same garb Red's guards wear in R-base) which likely means he has some combat training (doesn't have to be the case). Dan would at least know Tyrell with both of them holding positions with the Government. Dan seemed like a capable guy... meaning that he could have had a family given his decent job. His meticulousness for exactitude displays his care for the work he was committed to and the people he worked with. This very quality can also echo the rage of a man who lost the one thing he cared for outside of his professional work-- his children. Red said that Tyrell helped him (so if this is Dan, then not Melrose). Nearing the end of the Ep 2 story quest series Dan gets increasingly leery of Natasha, to the point of fearing her. He felt they were too close to something they shouldn't be dealing with and Natasha specifically was to enigmatic about the process...bordering obsessed. This would show the unraveling of Dan and Natasha's professional relationship (no I'm not hinting that they had a personal one). If it were Dan's children that died, he wouldn't, then, seek out Natasha (or vice versa). It would make sense for Tyrell to help him given that Tyrell lost Rico. Since both Tyrell and Dan knew each other, it makes sense with the history of Red and Tyrell; Dan would consider Tyrell at least in a familiar territory if he lost his daughters.

I didn't uncover anything on Dan's personal life, so this is only a theory. After the events of EP 2, Dan went to be with his family. His 2 daughters died (following the Red backstory).
    In AUW 3091, Dan is discovers the cloning technology and offers his daughters as test subjects. The cloning process succeeds and he returns with his daughters. Dan might be back to work at this time allowing the daughters to roam around the lab sections AND/OR the daughters reside or visit the cloning facility for "maintenance" (which might be the ID scan or something). The daughters would need to go to the clones, as it's not likely the clones appeared to them (in a residential district or something). The daughters were old enough to realize the twisted forms were of them and... well we know what happened to the 1st clones. Dan goes "red mad" and uses his clearance to destroy the research lab. Upon being discovered (likely by the military), the officials dump him onto Ragol. All of this occurs between 3091 and 3092. Dan would be with his daughters for an undetermined amount of time, but not too long for the daughters to be completely unaware of the cloning process.

It's on Ragol that Tyrell meets up with Dan. I believe the two worked together within the Environmental bureau on Ragol and establish "R-base". Dan goes by the name of "Red" as his real name was circulated across the military communications and government systems as a threat, which destroyed his reputation. "Red" is a nod to Tyrell's daughter's title which also signifies to Tyrell not to give up looking for his daughters, just as Dan (Red) won't give up on his own. [Red means something more significant than that in PSO, but I haven't discovered it yet. Something to do with the weapons or perhaps what it meant to Rico].

In establishing the R-base, the members of this developing organization (probably not officially dubbed "ARKz" yet) had to investigate hospitable areas of Ragol to build bases and begin operations. This meant clearing fauna, transiting materials from P2, and conducting field investigations outside of the government parameters. The events I'm describing take place in AUW 3092 (as indicated in the timeline).

2 years later the P2 rebellion is in full swing even though Tyrell leaves to seek out Rico. Irene Sepa takes over the environmental bureau, which means she and Red work together. Given his experience with the Ragol fauna and data collection, he is easily able to support Irena while gathering the information to both support ARKz and investigate the inner-workings of the P2 government (Dol Grisen). At the same time, Irene is able to cover for the happenings of ARKz and provide a means to tunnel data from the P2 systems to R-base.

The rest of the story is as it is presented in the timeline up to EP 3. That's my theory. Red is Dan.

____

Side note on Blitz

I'm not 100% sure if Bernie dies in some quest. I haven't found it yet nor can I find the post that claimed he died. I never thought he was Red, but feel he is the best candidate for Blitz. It's perfectly fine, however, if Blitz is his own separate entity. I think it makes sense that Bernie is Blitz due to Bernie being one of the people used to find people (referring to Gran Squall mission). I've given up trying to uncover any more info on Blitz. I did make a discovery that the name "Blitz" in EP 3, makes the same section ID as what Bernie had in Ep 1.

Sorry for the typos. I'll fix it up later. My internet is wonky.

This is a new discovery that happened as I continue writing the script for the PSO project I've been working on. I want all data as this to be confined to a singular thread for reference.

Credible Theory: Regarding Saida from the Hunter "Truth Seeker" quests. Saida is actually Irene Sepa (Hunters 15/18, Text Dump). This wasn't something I was looking for be something that revealed itself. If you recall the Truth seeker quest series, "Saida" is looking for information on the disappearance of their fiance. One thing to note is that the game periodically refers to Saida, the quest giver, as a "he" even though the person communicated as anonymous along with requiring confidentially of the mission briefing and debriefing. It is revealed that "Said"a was looking for their fiance at the very end of the quest series. PSO during this time (and throughout the PS history) had not had an openly gay couple, so we can rule out that Saida was a he. I think the "he" gender default was because the name "Saida" was a cover used at the end while "anonymous" was used for the majority of the quest series. Perhaps Saida conveyed themselves as male to further confounded their real life identity. (more on this later).

The above wasn't enough to prove that Saida was Irene. For whatever reason, I decided to look up what "Saida" meant in Japanese and other origins. All of the sites I found list the name as having Japanese, Arabic, and Hebrew origin. The latter 2 find the name as "fortunate one", yet all 3, particularly with Japanese, connect it with "the chaste" or "being chaste".

Google definition page, take it away:
    Chaste: abstaining from extramarital, or from all, sexual intercourse.

A code name referring to abstaining from extramarital sexual intercourse? Like... oh say the type that would produce a child before any sort of marriage? Colour me cryptic, but I connected that this was a clever move by developers to have Irene take on the mantle of a chaste upon the disappearance of her lover who is the father of Romeo that was unborn around the time of Tyrell's death. We know that Tyrell loved Irene and we know that Saida was looking for "a person who gave his life for the development of Ragol." Saida states that the last message she received from him was when he entered the Tower of Caelum, a transit station connected to the Central Dome. This is conveniently the last place Tyrell was before being absorbed by the Great Shadow.

Some other evidence connected this theory:
    1. The mission is for the hunter side story but Irene is secretly aligned with ARKz. Information about the disappearance of Tyrell is limited and most likely top secret (him also being a turncoat of sorts). Therefore, she has to use a pseudonym to protect her identity. We can assume the Hunters had a clearance to the places of interest that the ARKz did not.

2. The Vice Chief claimed that both of Romeo's parents are dead. This would mean either Irene is not the mother or that the Vice Chief was inaccurate. Given the meaning of "Saida" it could mean that Irene did abstain from sex while Tyrell was "knowing" his wife (likely the same woman that was Rico's mother). Perhaps Mrs. Tyrell died giving birth. Alternatively, Irene is Romeo's mother but doesn't have custody over him. I don't see why she wouldn't have custody or wouldn't reveal to Romeo that he is her son. This isn't clear, but should this be the case, it would mean that she became chaste after becoming pregnant. I'm inclined to believe that Irene is not Romeo's mother but might be looking after him if/since his real mother died.

3. Saida has extensive knowledge of photon flow and the lay of the land on Ragol. Such knowledge is reserved from the environmental bureau, those with government connections. Irene has both.

4. Colin, Romeo, Irene, and Saida are all fans for 5 letter names. The latter 3 contain 3 vowels with 2 being reused. Just a neatly placed coincidence I'm sure

5. Conflicting information: Saida is Gunthor Grisen's fiance (Development mission series). What this would change is that Saida is not Irene and it would make Gunthor dead. The hunters get both mission arcs that run somewhat linearly. The problem is it's extremely unlikely that the son of the principal of P2 would be killed before his wedding given all the protecting/escorting the hunters do. Also, this theory seems to conflict with the motivations of Saida. She was concerned about her fiance. It would make his death a developing motivation so late in the arc that her missions on gathering data couldn't be concerned with his demise. Perhaps (comically) she was curious what he was planning for their matrimony. I tossed this in here since I can't refute this theory, though it's too loose and offers no solid information to believe that Gunthor died and that Saida would use such an indirect means of getting information with her being the daughter-in-law-to-be of a powerful P2 official. It would still make sense for her to conceal her name since the hunters worked close with Gunthor. However, what this theory would then assume is that Gunthor wasn't being forward with his fiance about his job (which is likely). However, in his final message, he said that he quit the development team. Saida states that her fiance had a change of heart about the development on Ragol after going to Tenur Sinus. None of Gunthor's mission take the player there. How could he then give his life to the job he quit? How would he have died? I'm going to say "nope" to this one. I thought I should at least provide it for those that might have considered the same thing or were skeptical.

There is probably more I can write, but I'm tired.
    Last edited by tlbww; May 11, 2016 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I had almost forgotten about Episode III! It's great being able to relive it through your posts.