Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This wiki page appears to have been updated for the crafting buff: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...83%88#ba1e3a5f In particular, it seems to say that Silva crafted weapons have 235 DEX (10 stars) or 242 DEX (11 stars). I'm not sure if this is always, or assuming a weapon with 1000 ATK. I have trouble understanding the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I can't read Japanese, but this page seems to have detailed information about how the new crafting minimum damage works: https://gist.github.com/elvl/3158032

Anyone want to translate?
    The relevant section seems to be under 算出方法 (Calculation method).

From what I can make of it, it seems to suggest that Silva-crafts have a Weapon Adjustment value of 100 + (150 x (Grind Value - 100%)), where "Grind Value" is the ATK multiplier for a given Grind level.

For example, a 10* weapon at +10 would have a multiplier of 190%, so it has a Weapon Adjustment of 100 + (150 x 90%) = 235.

After that, your min ATK is calculated as:

((Your Dex x PA adjustment) - Enemy Dex + Weapon Adjustment) * 0.4

This is adjusted for 90% of weapon ATK as upper limit and 10% as lower limit.

I'm surprised it said 0.4. I thought the Dex multiplier was 2?

NB: I rewrote "100 + 150 * (強化の伸び率 - 1)" to add a second bracket and converted the 1 to 100% for clarity.

This wiki page appears to have been updated for the crafting buff: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...83%88#ba1e3a5f In particular, it seems to say that Silva crafted weapons have 235 DEX (10 stars) or 242 DEX (11 stars). I'm not sure if this is always, or assuming a weapon with 1000 ATK. I have trouble understanding the translation.
    235 and 242 are based on the Grind Value of a 10* and 11* weapon at +10 Grind: 190% and 195% respectively.

Edit: Also, Swiki doesn't mention a 0.4x multiplier, the chart suggests it's 1x.
    Last edited by Selphea; Oct 11, 2014 at 08:38 PM.

So crafted weapons just give a fixed amount of DEX? Doesn't that makes it better for low ATK weapons and bad for high ATK weapons?

So crafted weapons just give a fixed amount of DEX? Doesn't that makes it better for low ATK weapons and bad for high ATK weapons?
    Well a low ATK weapon and a high ATK weapon at the same rarity would have the same ATK after crafting, and higher rarity weapons do get higher Dex...

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    The relevant section seems to be under 算出方法 (Calculation method).

From what I can make of it, it seems to suggest that Silva-crafts have a Weapon Adjustment value of 100 + (150 x (Grind Value - 100%)), where "Grind Value" is the ATK multiplier for a given Grind level.

For example, a 10* weapon at +10 would have a multiplier of 190%, so it has a Weapon Adjustment of 100 + (150 x 90%) = 235.

After that, your min ATK is calculated as:

((Your Dex x PA adjustment) - Enemy Dex + Weapon Adjustment) * 0.4

This is adjusted for 90% of weapon ATK as upper limit and 10% as lower limit.
    That might be interesting if true. Such a wonky choice to peg it to grind bonus, but whatever.

I'm surprised it said 0.4. I thought the Dex multiplier was 2?
    The damage formula divides net attack by 5 and then multiplies by all modifiers. So my best guess is that they factored that in (since 2.0/5 = 0.4).

If that isn't the case, then that's some mad wonky requirements to cap DEX. Even with 125% DEX modifier on PA, zero enemy DEX, and a 1000-ATK weapon (that used to be a 10*) that means to cap DEX (90% of weapon attack) you'd need

((Your Dex x PA adjustment) - Enemy Dex + Weapon Adjustment) * 0.4 = 90% * Weapon Attack
    ((Your Dex x 125%) - 0 + 235) * 0.4 = 90% * 1000
    Solve for required DEX:
    Your Dex = (90% * 1000 / 0.4 - 235)/125% = 1612 DEX

That makes like no sense whatsoever.
    Edit: Also, Swiki doesn't mention a 0.4x multiplier, the chart suggests it's 1x.
    Is this chart for average damage?
    Last edited by Walkure; Oct 11, 2014 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    The damage formula divides net attack by 5 and then multiplies by all modifiers. So my best guess is that they factored that in (since 2.0/5 = 0.4).
    Ah that makes more sense then.

Is this chart for average damage?
    Yea the one with 技量差. My bad, I misread. It's also double Dex there.

http://4rt.info/psod/
    This has been recently updated. According to it, you need 610 dex to completely close the variance gap on a lvl.8 extend sword. Need even less DEX for weapons weaker than sword I suppose?

Well a low ATK weapon and a high ATK weapon at the same rarity would have the same ATK after crafting, and higher rarity weapons do get higher Dex...
    He meant weapons of differing attack stats, like Twin Daggers vs Knuckles.

It's not correlated to weapon attack, so it would.

Twin Daggers max extended have 729 weapon attack. That'd make the DEX difference required to cap 45%*729 = 328.
    Players have 430ish DEX minimum. A level 65 mob had 302-303 DEX, so I'd imagine a level 70 mob would have something like 320ish.
    So if it were an additive bonus like that implies, a crafted 10* Twin Dagger should be capped without any additional DEX put in.
    The weapon attack where that'd stop being the case for 10*s would be

235 + (430-320) ≤ 45%*W
    So
    W ≥ 766

Basically just Twin Daggers then. Double Sabers would be close enough that you couldn't notice a difference (they have 780 ATK). But that's just assuming 100% DEX modifier from weapon PAs.

Awesome, so crafting is only useful for rare weapons that don't need crafting to be useful.

SEGA
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide