Thread: Arena question

Default Arena question

I got a arena to spawn in paru on normal the other night and thought it would increase my chance of finding a stag curtlery. So does the arena help your chances of finding rares or what?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Well, you are fighting certain groups of enemies in said arenas that may have the rare weapons you seek so I'm going to say yes. Stag Cutlery though is a rare weapon I recall finding often on Normal difficulty.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

As Atbar has said, Arena simply spawns a given type of creatures, and since at least 1 is guaranteed to be a rare creature per wave, your chances of finding better gear are higher. However, your odds of getting it to drop out of all of them is not changed. You'll have to fight a lot of Fruoutangs and Frunakeds before you may get it. It's all random chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

I see. I guess I have to be patient a little more. Thanks.
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

You're welcome. You're bound to have one drop on you eventually if you run through Normal Paru enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Atbar View Post
    You're welcome. You're bound to have one drop on you eventually if you run through Normal Paru enough.
    Np, if all else fails I might as well do a few runs of Eternal Tower on Normal. The Heaven Mother and Shot Mother have a chance of dropping it so I can gamble and see if the risk is worth it.