Default Hunter and skills questions.

I was looking into my class a bit and what skills and subclass to pick. I am still level 45 so there are some stuff i would to verify although i did look into them quite a bit.

1. Just to verify this one.Can you have 2 stances active at once if they come from different classes?(1 stance from main class and 1 stance from subclass?)

2. I see everyone is avoiding critical rate in their skill builds which i though it was was strange so i read a bit into this (was in a hurry so i just glanced though it):
    http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Formula
    So basically (if i am getting it right) when u score a critical strike you score the maximum damage WIHOUT however taking damage modification skills in account?
    So basically its a negative skill ?(considering each class has big damage modification skills)

3. The passive Flash Guard and Flash Tech guard are in effect regardless of stance , right?

4. "Automate Halfline" how useful is this on higher levels? For now(lvl 45) the damage i take is not even considered medium.Its fairly easy to block most monster attacks or avoid them to a certain degree, especially after you fight them 1-2 times and know their attack pattern.
    Furthermore, from what i have looked into so far its best used for soloing. I saw it bypasses the drinking(standing still) animation and helps u not having to put the healing items on your bars, but would just moving slightly out of range of boss and just using the potion be considered such a huge drawback at later levels?Is the damage of the possible attack from the boss that you might receive while drinking the potion and being unable to move that huge?

5. One last thing. Can bosses be afflicted with status effects? (such as burn,shock,poison,freeze from weapons or any other source?)

I would really appreciate someone who knows to answer these questions.
    Sorry for the Long post :S.

1. Yes
    2. It counts all modifiers. It's just not something to care about because unless you have Crit Strike as FI main, criticals aren't a meaningful damage boost.
    3. Yes
    4. Very useful. Doesn't matter if you know how to block or not. Eliminating the need to step away and heal is a big advantage because it lets you focus on being offensive. While you're on offensive, you're free to attack a boss and let automate repeatedly trigger unless the attack actually kills you. This naturally leads to some faster boss kills.
    5. Yes, but it's not your ordinary status effects. They help stun a boss or expose a weakpoint, but they dont actually count as status effects to Chase Advance skills

Ok thanks a bunch xaelouse just some follow up questions

1. Boss damage types. Which boss attacks are considered R-attacks and which T-attacks
    Are T-att all spells and R-att like ranged auto attacks ?(like these robot mobs that just shoot at you with their guns ) or its something else?

2. A follow up on statuses. So even poison or burn on weapon will not deal damage to the boss but simply speed up the process of revealing a weakpoint or like u said reach stun phase ?

3. The"Step Advance" skill. Does it make you invulnerable the amount of time mentioned? If so should i add enough points to get it to 0.1s or just put 1 point in it or none at all ?

4.One last thing. Would +100dexterity be considered any worthy benefit for a max level hunter?

1) The damage type depends on the individual attack, and a lot of things are not as they appear, like the Oodan's kick or Sparzyle's explosion both count as Ranged Attacks for damage calculations. How you find this out is an option under Basic Settings. Changing the option "Color HP bar by damage type" to "Display damage type color" (the bottom option) will color your HP bar depending on the type of damage you take when your HP drains out. Red is Striking Damage, Blue is Ranged Damage, Yellow is Technique Damage. Sadly, the fastest way to find out what damage type each attack uses is to be subjected to them.

2) Status effects vary depending on the boss mob. Most bosses can be subject to one specific effect, though it may not always inflict the status condition itself. Persona can be hit with Panic, hitting Decol Malluda with Mirage will make him stall and panic for a few seconds, Biol Meduna can be frozen, the Banshee and Banther can be lit on fire (both varieties) and will flop around for a moment when it happens, Vibrace can be stunned with Panic, Upper Traps will flip Hot Wheels (Anjhadu-lili), and the list goes on. The key is knowing which status you can proc on what, and how it influences them. They're generally related to the elements each mob is weak to.

3) By default, you're invulnerable for an excessively short period of time during your step animations. Step Advance adds to that time. My general recommendation is put in 2 or 3 Skill Points because it buys you about half the effect for up to 30% of the Skill Points. It's quite a bargain.

4) Depends on your personal tastes. If you look back at that Damage Formula, higher DEX normalizes your damage. The argument is always made that going for raw attack stat has the same effect at half the rate and increases your damage ceiling and floor anyway. DEX is also used in defensive calculations though, so while normalizing your damage, DEX also decreases the damage enemies deal to you. Choice is yours, I'm not adverse to either.

I will get step from subclass.I read how dex works just not sure how to spend my last points on my subclass and wanted to know how effective dex can be.
    Ok, I pretty much got my build down now and i can understand how to utilize each of the skills and how they work.
    Once again thank you very much both of you .I really appreciate taking the time to reply to my posts.
    Last edited by morganwoop; Nov 3, 2014 at 03:41 AM.

As a rule of thumb, a handful points into dex or atk up don't much of a difference. 20atk is about 1% dmg.

I don't like Automate Halfline cause when I used it I found I needed to manually use mates a lot anyway or risk getting killed.

You can have 2 stances active at once but from different classes. I don't think any class has two stances that can be active at the same time.