Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    I just read about the setting on wiki.
    A planet where photons have no effect. [sic]

This is the common sense part of physics, sega. Fail this and it's not just "fantasy setting" but "total BS setting".
    Fine, I'll bite

The atmosphere has so much electromagnetic radiation that the photon reactors in their photon technology cannot stabilize and thus are unable to produce power, contained plasma, or transform the energy. Heck, it was probably all destroyed like EMP upon contact with the planet.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Meh. =/
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

When have Photons in the Phantasy Star settings EVER been the same thing as actual photons?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Fine, I'll bite

The atmosphere has so much electromagnetic radiation that the photon reactors in their photon technology cannot stabilize and thus are unable to produce power, contained plasma, or transform the energy. Heck, it was probably all destroyed like EMP upon contact with the planet.
    How does that affect Photon techniques? Does the electromagnetic radiation affect the ARKS ability to use photons as a catalyst for their techniques, thus rendering them useless? Because ARKS don't even need technology to cast Techniques. Its more tied in with their latent psychic abilities as living beings, whereas rods and wands further amplify their technique casting but are not required.

I'm writing out a story and one thing I"m doing is to try to explain how the hell photons work realistically, so this whole "no photon use" planet that is clearly lit up doesn't sit well with me.
    Last edited by Stealthcmc1974; Nov 12, 2014 at 10:26 PM.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    How does that affect Photon techniques?
    I put that under the term "transform the energy" while being vague on purpose. When they do not have a weapon with T-atk equipped, they have to use a less-advanced tool to cast the technics with no amplification. This tool is hidden from players. Edit: it's also why Casts can use technics
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    I put that under the term "transform the energy" while being vague on purpose. When they do not have a weapon with T-atk equipped, they have to use a less-advanced tool to cast the technics with no amplification. This tool is hidden from players. Edit: it's also why Casts can use technics
    The way I'm defining it in my story, I used genetic engineering to explain how the psychic abilities were able to use photon energy as a catalyst upon its discovery (its circa PSO, when even CAST had some organic bits in them as androids). Its something I plan to keep throughout the whole story, even as it jumps timelines.

Yeah, don't get me started on why I'm jumping timelines.

Anyhow, I guess playing by PSO2's rules that makes sense. Still, way too "convenient" for my tastes SEGA.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2