Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Techer's already in a great place. I don't really want to see any significant changes to it, as I'm happy with where it is now.

I don't understand why people keep saying wands need to get PAs. They already do have PAs - they're called techs. There's no real difference between PAs and techs. They both cost PP to deal damage in varying ways. Is it just that people want an animation that looks like a melee attack? Is something that looks like a spell so terrible? I don't get it.
    This is my stand on Te Draz. (for now that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Drazn42 View Post
    The problem Rayden is that is rather uninspired. Techer is pretty much just a slightly different way of playing a Force rather than a unique class in it's own regard.
    I don't understand how's it "uninspired"? As far as I can see it TE was meant to be excel what FO doesn't, which is support and melee combat.

PAs would also give meaning to Wand Gear which literally has no meaning with how Wand Lovers works atm. It would also give Te/Hu an edge against the other options since they would have other options to work with.
    As fun as it would it be on paper, it would break the class completely and erase BO since BO already has availability to both PAs and Techs.

But personally, as i noted in my OP, i would like Techs and Wand Gear to actually have an interaction...
    -I agree here, something like an extra tick/hit/explosion per gear level consume at the time present but since we have wand lover........yea that's out of the suggestion. As far as I'm concern with Wand Lover, it's just a stance that we only have to click once and say GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. As for Wand Gear, nothing special unless you have Wand Lover so GG.

Try to imagine the current balance of power for Techer, but you had more buttons to press. This would be more interesting, no?
    IMO No. Less is more. It be making TE fell like the general MMORPGs that have "hit-skill box" in a rotation order <---and that has a lot of restriction which removes the fun unless good synchronizing skills.
    It'll be far too confusing to be fun if too much. Some synchronizing between the skills/buttons will be good and some will be bad but having too much available will render some things useless.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Nov 15, 2014 at 08:48 AM.

@Selphia
    I suppose the idea is if you want to have PAs and techs you should be a Jet Boots Bouncer.
    Yes, i do feel Bouncer is SEGA's way of giving up on Techer and trying again to acheive what they tried in the first place with them. Its also saddening to see it almost immediately fail... They will probably do a Braver with them and keep adding numbers until they are OP, and then they will erase Techer as strikerhunter mentioned the same way PAs for Techer would erase BO. The problem is that they are, in effect, the same class as far as Jet Boots are concerned anyway. Dual blades is just sort of... there. I really think it should have just been an extra Fighter weapon...

@strikerhunter
    IMO No. Less is more. It be making TE fell like the general MMORPGs that have "hit-skill box" in a rotation order <---and that has a lot of restriction which removes the fun unless good synchronizing skills.
    It'll be far too confusing to be fun if too much. Some synchronizing between the skills/buttons will be good and some will be bad but having too much available will render some things useless.
    I agree that adding too much would indeed make it more complicated (Personally not an issue, but i can understand the desire for simplicity,) but even just a 2 part rotation of build gear > spend gear > repeat would be more interesting that mindless Left Mouse, Left Mouse, Left Mouse... I mean other classes even have this, like Hunter for example...

I don't understand how's it "uninspired"? As far as I can see it TE was meant to be excel what FO doesn't, which is support and melee combat.
    Still in my opinion not that different a play-style. You substitute whatever mobbing tech you would use with Zondeel + Smack and occasionally cast shifta and deband. Doesn't seem to warrent an entire new class, when the relevant skills here can be fit into one line in the Force's tree.

At the very least a different way of casting techs or a different interaction with your weapon would warrant it's state as a separate class. Since Wand is basically a Rod but with an OP melee attack.

Not seeing why every single weapon needs to have some crazy attacks. Personally, I like that wands only have their normal attacks for melee. PAs would be useless as it is now. Wand Gear doesn't need other functions.

It works. No need to change it just to satisfy yourself. I for one like a class that relies primarily on normals. Coming from MH, where every attack is pretty much a normal, wands, barring techs, come the closest to its design of any weapon. It's a very good combination of power and speed, only lacking in range. Which makes Techer even more of a high "risk" (nothing risky about it with Step, of course) close quarters combatant than Fighter is.

Opinions are opinions. Everyone has different ideas about how the game should be. Why make a thread about it discussing your ideas? You're just asking for criticism from anyone that feels that Techer is in a great spot right now. Keep your ideas to yourself and tell them to Sega if you care enough to share them.

In my opinion, the melee side of techer is fine currently, but the technic side is lacking outside of support. One thing I would like would be basically TE's version of ZRA, a boost to technic damage at very close range, this could make technic based TE/FO or TE/BO more interesting, I guess (of course this would have to be TE main class only, main class FO doesn't need any more boosts to technic damage).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Not seeing why every single weapon needs to have some crazy attacks...

Opinions are opinions. Everyone has different ideas about how the game should be. Why make a thread about it discussing your ideas? You're just asking for criticism from anyone that feels that Techer is in a great spot right now. Keep your ideas to yourself and tell them to Sega if you care enough to share them.
    So now its wrong for me to make a thread looking for people with a similar opinion because people disagree with me?

Guess ill just go back to lurking and never post again because apparently if I dare post anything about something people will disagree about I should just shut up right?

//Sarcasm//

And also, with me not being Japanese and being unable to read/speak/write japanese it is pretty much impossible for me to give suggestions to SEGA until i finish my Japanese course...

Anyway i've just about given up on having anyone actually join in a discussion of the actual topic of this thread, since everyone seems to be more interested in how OP the class currently is, rather than how well designed it is...
    Last edited by Drazn42; Nov 16, 2014 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    In my opinion, the melee side of techer is fine currently, but the technic side is lacking outside of support. One thing I would like would be basically TE's version of ZRA, a boost to technic damage at very close range, this could make technic based TE/FO or TE/BO more interesting, I guess (of course this would have to be TE main class only, main class FO doesn't need any more boosts to technic damage).
    As I understand it, Techer also does not need extra tech damage what with the current meta

I am more of the opinion that mechanical changes are what is needed to make the class more interesting to play rather than more situational 10% damage bonuses, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Well part of it can be solved right now with subclass choice. Wand IMO is in an okay place as more on the tech side than the melee side of hybrids in function while Boots are closer to the melee side than tech side, so they give you the choice of which one you prefer.

I don't like Boots for pure teching because they use the melee weapon format of PA 1 changes to PA 2 changes to PA 3, so if you want to be sure you get the right tech, you have to spend the entire palette slot on it. On the other hand for Tech/PA combos it's nice to go PBAoE tech -> Moment Gale -> Shift (Moment gale whirlwind) -> Shift (Elemental Burst).

In that respect Wand's tech weapon format with melee capabilities IMO doesn't need changing, especially with Elysion. I still wouldn't mind doing Serpent Air juggle into Ilfoie or something though.

If you want to be a caster with PAs there's also the option of multiclass weapons with TATK like Gu/Fo with Madullard Varis using Chain Trigger with techs or Te/Br with Tenelifter using Banish Arrow with techs. The subclass sytem is flexible enough that you can find ways to work around some limitations. From the way your OP looks, it seems like you'd be happier with a Jet Boots Bouncer with a main/subclass that boosts both striking and tech damage like Braver or Fighter, or maybe simply crafting some cross class weapons as Techer main.
    Last edited by Selphea; Nov 16, 2014 at 02:42 AM.

As I understand it, Techer also does not need extra tech damage what with the current meta
    I would agree with that before FO's Element Conversion skill was released. As it is now though, I disagree.
    Not saying that TE should be as good at technic damage as FO, but that FO skill makes too much of a difference.

I am more of the opinion that mechanical changes are what is needed to make the class more interesting to play rather than more situational 10% damage bonuses, but whatever floats your boat I guess.
    Of course something situational like this shouldn't be just a 10% damage boost (Gunner's ZRA is 2 skills that have a 15% boost each after all). IMO a skill like this would realy make sense for the TE class, encouraging the usage of close range techs, which would go well when mixed with the melee side of TE.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Anyway i've just about given up on having anyone actually join in a discussion of the actual topic of this thread, since everyone seems to be more interested in how OP the class currently is, rather than how well designed it is...
    This is why it's wrong for you to post. You don't get Techer. If you don't understand the class and how it works now, you shouldn't even consider changing it. Your lack of knowledge about the game's mechanics, how Techer currently functions, and whether people actually like it or not the way it is makes it quite arrogant to talk about it like this. You should have expected replies like this.

And for the record, there are more posts saying Techer is good just the way it is, not that it's OP. But it doesn't appear that you actually care about the state of the game's balance in the first place as long as Techer is this super cool pointlessly over the top class that is just so awesome to play with pointlessly flashy mechanics that would just kill its current practical but understated playstyle. Never mind calling Techer "Force with an OP melee", or whatever the exact wording was. Ridiculous exaggerations like that just hurt your case if you wanted to come off as knowing what you were talking about in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    This is why it's wrong for you to post. You don't get Techer. If you don't understand the class and how it works now, you shouldn't even consider changing it. Your lack of knowledge about the game's mechanics, how Techer currently functions, and whether people actually like it or not the way it is makes it quite arrogant to talk about it like this. You should have expected replies like this.

And for the record, there are more posts saying Techer is good just the way it is, not that it's OP. But it doesn't appear that you actually care about the state of the game's balance in the first place as long as Techer is this super cool pointlessly over the top class that is just so awesome to play with pointlessly flashy mechanics that would just kill its current practical but understated playstyle. Never mind calling Techer "Force with an OP melee", or whatever the exact wording was. Ridiculous exaggerations like that just hurt your case if you wanted to come off as knowing what you were talking about in the first place.
    This!!!

-sparkles prettily-