Page 1 of 48 123411 ... LastLast

Cool How to buy Arcs/Arks Cash (AC) (Jim's definitive guide)

DON'T SHARE WEBMONEY CODES BETWEEN MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. SHARING CODES MAY GET YOUR ACCOUNT(S) BANNED!

YOU SHOULD ONLY USE THIS METHOD IF PURCHASING AC THROUGH PSO2ES IS NOT AN OPTION!

★★★ ★★★ ★★★

DISCLAIMER: Read this spoiler box first
    Spoiler!

Update log:
    Spoiler!

If you have trouble purchasing AC, POST HERE BEFORE YOU PM ME.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Hey, guys. Jim here.

I feel like there isn't a guide out there that presents a reliable and COMPLETE method for purchasing AC, so I'm going to make the guide to end all guides. If you have access to the internet and half a brain, you CAN and WILL get AC with my guide.

This tutorial only definitely works for US residents, but I'm confident other countries will be fine as well. Please reply with your success stories! If you get stuck, reply here. PLEASE DON'T CONTACT ME DIRECTLY UNTIL YOU POST IN THIS THREAD.

•You do NOT need to falsify information in this tutorial.
    •All of the billing info you enter will (or at least can) be correct and legal.
    •You do NOT need to worry about whether your debit card will be accepted.
    •You WILL have AC and be awesome because of this tutorial.

Here's a list of common things you will need to complete my tutorial...

1. Google Chrome
    (Optional, but it makes the process easier... Actually, it makes everything easier. Why haven't you switched yet?)

2. An eBay account
    (Recommended, but also optional depending on which method you choose.)

3. A working, confirmed Paypal account

4. About an hour of time to kill

5. SNACKS

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

LET'S BEGIN!

★ STEP 1: Choosing an address ★

There are two methods to choosing an address to register with:
    (You only need to use one of these methods!)

•1: The easy method•
    Sega doesn't appear to check the validity of your address, so if you're feeling lazy, you should be able to use any Japanese address you want. I've heard of more than one person using the Sega Japanese Headquarters address to register. (Shown below)

Postal code: 〒140-8583
    Address: 東京都品川区東品川1丁目39番9号カナルサイドビル
    Phone number: +81 3-5736-7111

•2: The Tenso method•
    Tons of PSO2 players are using random addresses, so this method probably isn't necessary. It's just the way I did it, PERSONALLY.

What is Tenso, you ask? It's a forwarding service. They provide you with a REAL, LEGAL Japanese shipping address, FOR FREE. You can have things shipped there, and once Tenso receives them they'll charge you a fee to ship it to the states. Now, you're not going to actually ship anything to the address during this tutorial, but you ARE going to make one so you can register with it on Sega's website. (Tenso's service is great, for the record. I definitely recommend them for importing Japanese goods.) During the registration process, you'll be asked how you want to pay for Tenso's service. Since you're probably not going to actually use Tenso's service right this moment, select Paypal, because this option doesn't require you to fill out payment info right away. (Credit card DOES require you to fill out payment info, so don't use that)

Click here to visit the English Tenso page. Create an account there using all of your real information. When you're able to access the "My Page" screen and see your address, you're done! Just keep that tab open for later.

★ STEP 2: Selecting a Japanese alias ★

If you know how to, feel free to create your own Japanese alias. If you're feeling lazy, or don't know how, simply use the one included below.

The names are shown as Surname/Given name. This is the order you will enter them in the registration form.

Romaji: (This is just for your reference. You will not use Romaji during registration.)
    Mikami/Kiyohiko

Kanji:
    三上/清彦

Katakana: (phonetic)
    ミカミ / キヨヒコ

Also, here's a backup alias, just in case you need more than one:

Spoiler!

You'll use your Japanese alias in the next step.

★ STEP 3: Registering your address with Sega ★

Yes, you're finally ready to register with Sega. This tutorial assumes you already have a SEGA ID. If you don't, check out AIDA's PSO2 registration guide. It's very helpful. Make sure you have your Japanese address/Tenso account handy. The worst part here is doing the Japanese CAPTCHA. To do it, you have to open the Wikipedia page on Hiragana and scroll down to the first table of characters. Pay close attention to details so you don't mix up characters like (nu) and (me). If you get stuck, just refresh the page for a new CAPTCHA. (Getting it wrong won't always give you a new one) To help you get used to solving these, I have color-coded the solution in the screenshot.

Click here for the SEGA AC Purchase login page

Click here for "Hiragana" on Wikipedia

Also, here's Syklo's guide to defeating kana CAPTCHAs

Attachment 3114

Once you defeat the CAPTCHA, you'll need to register your address with SEGA. I don't remember exactly how to register it manually, but if try to buy AC it'll automatically take you to the registration screen. If the website never stops you and asks for an address, don't worry, you're good! Here's the Sega account info screen with each field explained: (If you're not using a Tenso account, just ignore the image and paste in the postal code and address you have chosen.)

Attachment 2837

★ STEP 4: SO CLOSE! Getting your WebMoney voucher code ★

Ok, there are many ways to do this. Feel free to Google it. I have added funds successfully through 2 different methods. Both methods use Paypal as the form of payment, so your money will be protected from fraud, but always be careful when you're buying stuff online. Especially foreign stuff.

Be aware of how much WebMoney you're going to need...

1 WebMoney point = 1 Yen = 1 AC in PSO2

Simple, right? This includes tax and everything!

•Method 1•
    Another method is to buy from SuTo Corp here. You pay for your WebMoney code using Paypal, and once your order processes, they E-mail you asking for a scan of your ID or a bill showing your name and address. (I took a snap with my 7MP phone and it worked fine) If you use your ID, be sure to black out the ID# and expiration date. They ONLY need the picture of your ugly mug, name, and address. This method should get you your Webmoney code in 6 or 8 hours. NOTE: Sometimes Suto sells out of codes. If they are sold out, they'll give you the option of getting refunded or waiting until they restock. (Usually 24 hours)

•Method 2 (will cost a little more, but involves less headache)•
    If you search eBay for "WebMoney", you can buy it pretty easily. I've used this method several times and usually end up paying about $68 for a 5,000 point code or $135 for a 10,000 point code.

The code will be in a 16-character alphanumeric format. Example: a1b2 c3d4 e5f6 g7h8

★ STEP 5: AC AT LAST! ★

1. Go back to the Sega Purchase screen here and click on "Cash Purchase ARCS (AC)"

2. Choose how much Arks Cash you want to buy (again 1 AC = 1 WebMoney; tax included) and choose "WebMoney" as the payment option.

3. Once you make your selection, you'll be taken to the WebMoney checkout page pictured below. (Use lower menu shown in the image. The upper menu is only for people who have WebMoney accounts.) This will deduct your purchase from the voucher code, which can be reused. (EG: If you use a 5,000 point code to buy 3,000 AC, the code will have 2,000 points left on it and can be used again in the future. DO NOT USE THE SAME CODE ON MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT. Sega are now banning people for this.)
    Attachment 2838
    When you see a flashing, orange box, your AC is already waiting for you in PSO2!!!

THAT'S IT! YOU'RE DONE!

ARCHIVED UPDATE: Thanks, *`*jill*`*, for the tip about using AmEx prepaid cards. However, it has been confirmed that AmEx no longer works. Bummer.

ARCHIVED UPDATE: Rhedrimond pointed out that you can use your English name for the Kanji and then convert your English name into kana using Google Translate. This method does not seem to work anymore.

Archived images:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Jim; Oct 20, 2019 at 03:03 PM.
    I wrote an AC purchasing guide for JP PSO2 a long time ago. I don't play PSO2 anymore, but I still play Blue Burst sometimes. Maybe I'll catch you on there!

As a heads up, the Sega page DOES accept English names for the first part. I just used full-width alphanumeric to enter my name in English, then translated it into kana for the second part. An alias is not needed.
    PSO2 - Rhed - Ship 10: Full of roleplayers!
    PSZ -- Increase -- FC: 5113 3518 4199
    The Vanguard - Phantasy Star Roleplaying Community!
    Phantasy Star Online 2 Roleplay - The PSO-W group for PSO2 RP, Ship 2 and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedrimond View Post
    As a heads up, the Sega page DOES accept English names for the first part. I just used full-width alphanumeric to enter my name in English, then translated it into kana for the second part. An alias is not needed.
    Edited and credited. Thanks, duder.

Quote Originally Posted by *`*jill*`* View Post
    These also work for purchasing AC.
    Spoiler!
    Interesting. My Visa debit card I got from my employer wouldn't go through, and the ensuing research resulted in this tut. I'll have to try one of those though. That would be very convenient. Plus, taking the middle man out would save money. Edited, credited. Thanks!
    Last edited by Jim; Aug 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM.

this thread should be stickied. i was able to set up my tenso account, then webmoney, then buy webmoney points from the seller mentioned on ebay. he was fast and reliable as well.

Took me most of the night + other things, I've manage to buy some ducking AC. It 6am in the morning, so apologies for the sloppy work beneath me, I am writing it out in memory.

1. http://www.cn-usa.com/?cmd=welcome
    2. Register for an account and follow the procedures for it.
    3. http://www.cn-usa.com/?cmd=buy&loc=193646 or search for 'Webmoney'.
    4. For example: http://www.cn-usa.com/?cmd=_sale&item=Webmoney1000 Then where it says 'Select payment method' I choose 'Paypal checkout'
    5. Pay it through PayPal and it all should be good, for now...
    6. Check your email address that you registered Paypal / CN-USA or both (I used two different ones.) There should be a message showing a screenshot of your 'Webmoney' with the 16x code with it. This is shown via email or your CN-USA account.
    7. I'm not sure if this is for buying webmoney or just to use/have money on your CN-USA but you 'may' have to validate your account. A message would of been sent via email or on CN-USA. I used the Paypal one and the phone activation (You don't talk to anyone, a automated voice just says a 4 number digit :]).
    8. After you've done tying all the loose ends (I hope), time to get some AC!!!!
    9. https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEM...duct_name=pso2 and http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm
    10. Once you've logged in. Choose 'webmoney' within the 'Payment method'. After certain number of 'next's'... You'll be directed to webmoney website, where you will have to input that 16x digital, numeral code you got given to you via email/CN-USA. A confirmation will concur that it will work.
    11. That's about it, I hope it helps and congratulations on getting some AC!

Now I can go to bed! (^__________^; *Thinking.... Why didn't I buy the 2000wm instead of 1000wm >_____<'';*
    Last edited by LionHeart-; Aug 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
    Infinite Love is the only Truth. Everything else is a Illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart- View Post
    Took me most of the night + other things, I've manage to buy some ducking AC. It 6am in the morning, so apologies for the sloppy work beneath me, I am writing it out in memory.

1. http://www.cn-usa.com/?cmd=welcome
    2. Register for an account and follow the procedures for it.
    3. http://www.cn-usa.com/?cmd=buy&loc=193646 or search for 'Webmoney'.
    4. For example: http://www.cn-usa.com/?cmd=_sale&item=Webmoney1000 Then where it says 'Select payment method' I choose 'Paypal checkout'
    5. Pay it through PayPal and it all should be good, for now...
    6. Check your email address that you registered Paypal / CN-USA or both (I used two different ones.) There should be a message showing a screenshot of your 'Webmoney' with the 16x code with it. This is shown via email or your CN-USA account.
    7. I'm not sure if this is for buying webmoney or just to use/have money on your CN-USA but you 'may' have to validate your account. A message would of been sent via email or on CN-USA. I used the Paypal one and the phone activation (You don't talk to anyone, a automated voice just says a 4 number digit :]).
    8. After you've done tying all the loose ends (I hope), time to get some AC!!!!
    9. https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEM...duct_name=pso2 and http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm
    10. Once you've logged in. Choose 'webmoney' within the 'Payment method'. After certain number of 'next's'... You'll be directed to webmoney website, where you will have to input that 16x digital, numeral code you got given to you via email/CN-USA. A confirmation will concur that it will work.
    11. That's about it, I hope it helps and congratulations on getting some AC!

Now I can go to bed! (^__________^; *Thinking.... Why didn't I buy the 2000wm instead of 1000wm >_____<'';*

I'd like to add that if you bought the 2000 WM one, you'd be given a message on how you're over the limit of your purchase allowance and would need to use other validation methods as the ones they list aren't enough.. (like sutocorp they ask you to take a picture of your bill statement/photo ID or credit card with the 8 first digits blocked out) to get the "maximum purchase limit". Took me about 4-5 hours to get my WM code from them.

I'm not sure if this applies to other payment methods as I used google wallet.
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 86,271 bytes.
    エリス - FOnewearl - Ship 02

I've been using CN-USA, and you do get the codes instantly once you go through the validation process. You don't even need to have a WM account, so for me it's a much easier method to buy AC.

Has anyone tried using Liberty-Rise payment method on SuTo corp?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoma_cast View Post
    this thread should be stickied. i was able to set up my tenso account, then webmoney, then buy webmoney points from the seller mentioned on ebay. he was fast and reliable as well.
    Thanks for the input! Knowing that this thread helped at least one person makes writing it worth the time and effort it took.