Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hu/Fi help / General question about builds and classes.

Hello there! I am very new to PSO2 and I started with a Hu/Fi because that's what my friends told me was a good class/build to play. It was all great fun until I hit Super Hard and now I am having trouble farming and getting meseta. My question being should I stick it out and master the class or is there a better class that can farm faster/easier. I'm not one to play a specific play-style so that really doesn't effect me at all. I simply want to play a great class at farming and then sort of explore the possibilities afterwards. If I could get a top three and why that would be awesome or if I simply need to play better I can do that as well (rough!)

Detail of my current status:
    lvl 65/44 Hu/Fi, Units are the Hiei set with Quartz Soul and Power II on all pieces. I alternate between two weapons being: 10+Vjaya with Quartz soul and PowerII, and a +10 Weddle Aid with Quartz Soul and Power III that I found. 3 Mags with my S.atk mage being 116 and the other two around 67. I have premium membership as well and 60 client order slots.

I play on ship06 not really a popular english player ship, but that's what my friends plan so alas finding groups outside my circle of friends is difficult.

I appreciate any and all advice seeing as I am a complete newbie
    Last edited by Shiji; Nov 17, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

What's your skill.build and what problems do you have with farming exactly? Are you dying to stuff? Going through too many mates? Killing too slow? Or not enough range to be able to watch and learn patterns? Do you have a budget for gearing/regearing/crafting?
    Last edited by Selphea; Nov 17, 2014 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    What's your skill.build and what problems do you have with farming exactly? Are you dying to stuff? Or killing too slow?
    I would say a bit of both. I can usually kill the boss at about 80% success depending on the boss. The problem is it takes a VERY long time because I play Monster Hunter style (5+ years and counting) which is to say I always dodge and play safe and never block. It's really hard to break those habits so I'm hurting here in PSO2 where you can just guard about anything in the game I'm told. I'm looking either for an alternative or a better class that more effective at solo farming / playing (if that's a thing?) Also no I don't really have any sort of a budget. I have just recently started doing TACO's but at the time being I am very broke (78k meseta) and I will continue doing TACO's while I figure out what I should take to 70 next.

Current skill build : http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00fdoIb000000f

You might like Techer. Strong mobbing, good bossing, more dodge-oriented than block and your friends will love you for using territory burst zondeel. Also works well with either Hunter or Fighter sub so not too much work needed for the subclass.

Hu/Fi tree seems fine though i'm not a fan of iron will. Would have gone flash guard instead but only with a source of healing like a Lunar Blessing weapon on swap.

You might do better as HuFi with a gear update. Stick Vol Soul with Stamina on it and craft ithe units if they're not crafted yet. Hiei set's default defense is inadequate for Super Hard.
    Last edited by Selphea; Nov 17, 2014 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    craft ithe units if they're not crafted yet. Hiei set's default defense is inadequate for Super Hard.
    "ithe" ? I'm not familiar sorry and by craft do you mean actual in-game crafting? I will try and update my Hu gear and will level up the techer in the mean time time. Should I be playing a melee techer or what skill build would you recommend?

I figure no harm in trying more with the HU/Fi while I level up alternate classes seeing as it's my only class at super hard currently. I'm also open to any and all other classes after techer I have no clue and my friends are mostly aloof until ultimate comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Shiji View Post
    "ithe" ? I'm not familiar sorry and by craft do you mean actual in-game crafting? I will try and update my Hu gear and will level up the techer in the mean time time. Should I be playing a melee techer or what skill build would you recommend?

I figure no harm in trying more with the HU/Fi while I level up alternate classes seeing as it's my only class at super hard currently. I'm also open to any and all other classes after techer I have no clue and my friends are mostly aloof until ultimate comes out
    Yea by craft I mean Extend your Hiei set BUT on second thought, don't do it. Its reqs are low so you can use it as a twink set for Techer.

Melee techer works and you can even try Hunter sub Techer or Fighter sub Techer to get some fast exp for Techer early on. Massive Hunter - Charged Megiverse - JA Over End should be interesting to use if you can manage 1 point in there .

For Techer builds, you can refer to UnLucky's build thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221527

Thanks so much for all the info it's helped a lot! I just have two more questions :P. Should I maybe try to use the Blitz two piece with ing plate? (I could try gloam but it's like 1m ea on my ship) also what gear on a budget would you recommend for techer? Maybe I can drop it or already have it from a mining degense / EQ

Techer will not be cheap. You need a set of 5 wands - one for each common weak element. For cheap wands you can try:

Lightning crafted Guarditorch
    Light Grim Grin or Bloody Grin (should be a common TD drop. Grind with Risk -1s from Arks cup at +8 onwards)
    Ice crafted Mace of Adaman (common Elder drop)
    Fire crafted Laconium Rod (common Loser drop) or Yede Club
    Dark Pristine Small Hammer

If they're too expensive and you're Te/Hu you can try a set of crafted Hexagraphs. They drop like candy in Falz Arms.

Blitz with Ing is a good set for Hu/Fi but craft the Blitz pieces. For Techer, try to get a crafted Hera or Bloom set.
    Last edited by Selphea; Nov 17, 2014 at 02:45 AM.

so i feel like no matter what sub you have a fighter main will always be able to push out higher damage especially on bosses due to limit break and higher crit rate skills only available to fighter main class. so most of the time fi/hu will be better in terms of dps. the only reason to go hu/fi is for sword since it really benefits from fury gear boost. so since you've mentioned that you mostly dodge i would say stick to fi/hu and get a partizan that a fighter can use to block and slide end/assault buster when you need it. wired lance is also a good spend for 1 point since the glass klein 11* lets you holding current on bosses for some really nice damage without extra hunter skills. take all of the fighter wep gears since they are all getting new skills in a couple of days that lets you dodge or build gear gauge better.

mag should always be full s-atk and pb blast either horse or ilios proi if you have a fast hitting weapon like a fighter would have to proc his attacks

on hunter its worth taking a point of warcry since it will redirect the enemies towards you giving you the brave stance bonus
    after taking all the fury skills(except fury crit, unless you're going for a crit build) the choice is up to you whether to get iron will or s-atk up skills. iron will is nice with limit break especially with never give up since you can activate limit break after iron will procs and get almost a full invincible limit break with full fighter conditional damage boosters. of course if your dodging is excellent then just take s-atk up 3 for that nice 100 s-atk at all times. just play around until you get the right balance of things you like between static s-atk and defensive skills that might help out limit break. full fury and brave along with all the % multipliers is a first tho.

as long as you have all of the % damage multiplier skills from fighter and hunter you will be a dps god. the reason is that they are multiplicative and not additive so having an extra multiplier from limit break or crit skill from fighter main will multiply the total result of other multipliers giving you a huge bonus, hence: always be fighter main. also this means you should always strive to get weapon with % damage potentials since they will multiply your total multiplier result once again giving you a huge bonus. so any just attack % bonus of any bio weapon or ancient oath elemental % or anything % based. exception is niren daggers since black heart gives a whopping 400 s-atk boost. tech arts ja bonus is also worth mentioning since once again its another % multiplier so always mix up your pa's to get the bonus

multipliers for hu/fi:
    hu: 1.2(fury)*1.05(fury-up1)*1.05(fury-up2)*1.1(ja1)*1.1(ja2)*1.1(fury.combo)=1.760913
    fi: 1.25(brave)*1.2(brave.up)*1.15(taja)=1.725
    hu/fi total: 3.037574

for fi/hu:
    now if we multiply the total of hu/fi by 1.2 of limit break (a fi/hu skill) we get: 3.64509 already a .61 increase
    then if we add a bio weapon we get 3.64509*1.08(8% just attack)=3.96697

so hu/fi total with bio wep: 3.28058
    fi/hu total with bio wep BEFORE any crit bonus is applied: 3.96697
    so fi/hu is the clear winner here for dps with any weapon just from limit break alone

none of these calculation take into account never give up's bonus or any of the fighter conditional s-atk bonuses since the are the same for hu/fi and fi/hu

also if you want to get fury and brave crit-ups you will have a 70%(25(fury)+25(brave)+15(fi crit)+5(base)) crit chance and with fighters crit skill along with certain crit damage or proc boosting(90% total) weapon potentials can reach some crazy crit heights

here's one possible build, the hunter already takes 85 sp since the new skills will be block-related hunter main skill, and fighter is holding his last 5sp since his new skills will be gear and dodge related:
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00fdoIb000000f

all in all i think your monster hunter skills will be of a great asset to fi/hu especially since dodging is regarded as the best defensive strategy by most pso vets

oh yeah and armor just go for the highest s-atk and pp set and individual piece bonus, with saiko 11* units being my favorite and arguably the best, affix for max s-atk then pp then hp
    Last edited by illidelph; Nov 17, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks for the info! I already have Fighter almost to 50 so that won't take long to get to 70. I appreciate all the knowledge I've been able to absorb in such a short amount of time. I look forward to trying Techer and Fighter and seeing how well it goes .