Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Nobody knows what happened to 13* TMG and Talis? They are not even listed in the item drop list in game.

Aside from that question, those UQ are both satisfying and disappointing. Satisfying because ennemies and level look really cool (rare Diabo is beautiful), the new bosses are pretty good to fight (except Crazy-Malmoth, pretty unmanageable this one) Anga being the most pleasant.

Disappointing mainly because of the low drop rate, UQ was supposed to be meant for hunting drop but after spending 10 300%( 250 + 50tri ) i was under the impression to be in the VHAQ rate, 8 10* 3 11* in the end. Seriously...... i know it's the only place where 13* are but at this rate i'm not even gonna get a 12*. Not sure if i will keep using boost for this, just wasting them. I was almost overwhelmed by 10/11* in Urban XH with 100% boost and i've done the EQ 2 time (2 x 30 mins i mean).

So now, keeping my boost for Loser cause i still want to get Niren Orochi and that's probably the only 12* that'll be useful for me (maybe Salus Punisher too).

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

I like how people think "Meant for drops" means they'd be common, when it really just means sega expects you to farm it. Once people get what they want they don't have a reason to go back to ultimate, so logically the drop rates would be bad to keep people doing it.

The problem with UQ is that you either get nothing or everything. There's no in-between, so you don't feel like you're making any real gains at all (apart from EXP).

It's demotivating when you don't find anything at all. The souls are pretty dirt cheap since EVERYONE is spamming Ultimate too, so you don't get much money from those.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    The problem with UQ is that you either get nothing or everything. There's no in-between, so you don't feel like you're making any real gains at all (apart from EXP).

It's demotivating when you don't find anything at all. The souls are pretty dirt cheap since EVERYONE is spamming Ultimate too, so you don't get much money from those.

That ^
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post

This is the big issue, yeah. Without a way to target a specific enemy with different spawn rates in different quests, decent drop rates for at least some decent rares (not all, just enough to give you a reward along the way to your chainsawd), or both, Ultimate feels soul-draining unless you're lucky.

Which is F2P (and PSO2?) in a nutshell, actually.

It's meant to demotivate you to the point that you just say fuck it and start paying for boosters, though. That's the whole intent.

EDIT: Also, for clarity, I'm not saying this is a good thing. Rather I think it's bad having a quest type with a single purpose and require large amounts of people to do it efficiently, because then you need to keep a noticeable portion of the community doing it, and if they've done the thing the quest is for then they have no reason to do it, which means you need to make the goal long term enough that people are there for a long time. The end result is poor drop rates. The funny thing is the endgame is about getting drops anyway so it's not like making a quest specifically for it is anything special aside from the fact that it makes the limited peripheral content even more limited.

To put it another way, don't do UQs unless you like UQs because they're designed to be a time sink, not a treasure trove.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Which is bad F2P in a nutshell, actually.
    ftfy
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 24, 2014 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    ftfy
    Yup. Thing is, in my experience seasoned players aren't going to resort to such things usually. And even with payed boosters, its possible to come out with crap.

And of course if there's no desire to pay, its not really sustainable for the company. Not that there won't be people who do pay, but if you condition too many people to understand why the payed boosters aren't going to help than clearly its not sustainable. Lucky for Sega, what was drawing people to the game wasn't their subpar mission structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Yup. Thing is, in my experience seasoned players aren't going to resort to such things usually. And even with payed boosters, its possible to come out with crap.

And of course if there's no desire to pay, its not really sustainable for the company. Not that there won't be people who do pay, but if you condition too many people to understand why the payed boosters aren't going to help than clearly its not sustainable. Lucky for Sega, what was drawing people to the game wasn't their subpar mission structure.
    Honestly most of sega's revenue for PSO2 probably comes from premium and scratches anyway. I really don't think "But they need people to buy boosters!" is the reason the drops are so bad. They just need to keep people there long enough that people are actually doing it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Honestly most of sega's revenue for PSO2 probably comes from premium and scratches anyway. I really don't think "But they need people to buy boosters!" is the reason the drops are so bad. They just need to keep people there long enough that people are actually doing it later.
    Indeed. I've never believed there's any conspiracy at work to incentivize us to buy any of the consumables from the AC shop, or even stimulate the sale of the ones from scratch. If only because other games in the F2P realm have shown that Sega could be getting away with far worse practices if they really had their minds set on it.

Personally, I could deal with the crummy drop rates if not for one thing: lack of trading. As it is now, most (nearly all) of the crap that drops in an UQ is going to be straight up useless to me. I may play many classes, but the resources that go into getting a 12* or a 13* up to snuff make it impractical to use one for a class I only occasionally dick around on. So it's somewhat demotivating to know that even if I do get something worth a damn, it won't likely be something that I give a damn about. If it had some purchasing power at least, then it could at least be exciting to know that the whole zone is filled with potential.

You're really bad at quitting, Z-0. (notsrs)

I never claimed it was the sole source of revenue, I claimed it was a motivator.

No successful business on this planet places all of its eggs in one basket, and then manages to survive very long. Sega wants you to buy premium and wants you to buy boosters; the two are hardly mutually exclusive.

It's not a "conspiracy," it's a tactic. It's also a well known fact that psychology is used in designing free to play games to make the player want to spend more money...it's kind of the point of the model.

edit: Basically, they want to have their cake and eat it too. Every business does. Claiming Sega doesn't is silly.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM.