Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Default Regarding XH+ULT and balance. - Update ULT Drop info<Sega being Sega>

Too lazy to do all, so I'll just list the important part.
    But shortly after the live broadcast, Sega realized that people still have a lot of question, and seem to think that the "demo" play seem easy, they released these to address player concern.

-Diffculity - ULT > XH > SH

- ULT - If not a full 12 people MPA, and not equiped with right equip and PA/Tech/Skill and good team work, will be very hard to clear

- ULT and XH enemy health will be automaticly be 12 person MPA level(Even if you go in by yourself)

- Ult will have enemy with Strike/Range/Tech resistance(With a focus on Shooting and Tech resist)

- Because of the risk to melee player with Striking damage, Lv.17 PA have some that have bigger boost.

- Because of the higher danger to GU, Toughness time have been changed so that even if hit, won't reduce gear, but if knocked down, Gear will still reduce to zero, this will be addressed in a future update(Making it only reduce instead of dropping to zero?)

- Because XH is harder then SH, some boss will have Shooting/Tech resist

- Something about requiring more killing of Dark Falz hand to reach DF Eldar?

- Regarding drops -
    -ULT - 1~6* Common drop 7~9* No drop, 10* Rare Drop, 11*~13* Very Rare drop

-XH - 12* weapon, Weapon will have none transferable ability called Ultimate Buster for increased damage on ULT.
    - 17* PA/Tech disk, will drop from XH, and the disk that only drop from AD, will still only drop from XH AD.

- Enemy EXP from ULT will be lower then XH, because ULT is drop from 9*~13* only.

Source - http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=4797
    Last edited by Sizustar; Nov 18, 2014 at 10:39 PM.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    ULT - If not a full 12 people MPA, and not equiped with right equip and PA/Tech/Skill and good team work, will be very hard to clear
    I highly doubt this. Ultimate will be a murder-fest like everything else, just probably slightly slower. Slightly.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Wait you mean we have to wait for XHAQS just to get Lv17 discs for the PAs that only drop in SHAQs?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Wait you mean we have to wait for XHAQS just to get Lv17 discs for the PAs that only drop in SHAQs?
    Disk that only drop in specific AQ and by Specific Rare boss, if hunting lv.17 Disk, will have to fight XH difficulity of those AQ and rare boss.

Screenshot dump
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    T- Ult will have enemy with Strike/Range/Tech resistance(With a focus on Shooting and Tech resist)
    Well that confirms what I asked a while back. So much for being "wrong".

so basically GU is even weaker

being GU is suffering

I should get back to working on BO

Hm, this is strangely worded. Sega's bad at answering questions about their own game. Going through...

Ultimate quests are supposed to be difficult to clear...but if they're a point quest with no time limit, then the only way to fail is to party wipe. Even solo, this is basically like a gauntlet of XQs, but for free. It can't be as hard as it's described.

UQ/XH enemy health is the same no matter how many players are present. OK. Simple enough. But that's how all quests work. There's a higher chance of getting titled bosses with more players, but that's about it. The only thing that has ever changed in the past was enemy spawn density. Why would enemy health being the same need to be specified?

Sega says melee classes have the greatest risk in combat, but they have the best dodge action and the best HP already, and both Gunner and Techer operate in melee range, but get penalties anyway. The buffed PA damage also hurts Techer since wand melee doesn't have levels, so other classes are getting buffs to their main offense while Techer is left behind. Granted, Techer is already really good as far as damage goes, but it matters when they've claimed they want Techer to be a frontline fighter. It's another way they're not delivering on their word.

Increasing Falz Arm kill count necessary to fight Elder is something that was done before. I guess we're still slaughtering them too quickly? Seems strange to not wait until the new difficulty to see if it's a change that's warranted. It's not a big change since the only thing that will really happen by doing this is changing the music that plays for each fight (slowed down phases = not hitting song 4 as quickly, meaning more time to listen to 1-3), so it's no big deal, but it does make me wonder whether they're really weighing in on whether it's necessary to do that or not. I highly doubt that it'll ever make Falz Elder impossible to fight, so it's no big deal, but still.

Ultimate has been shown dropping 7*s in the livestream. Either that information about drops is false (at least for Rappies), or the livestream was inaccurate even to drops for UQ. Major fail on Sega's part either way, to show 7*s dropping and then say they'll never drop in UQs.

Confirmation of XH AQs coming up? Cool.

Overall, useful information, but some of it is useless/contradictory. But that's how most stuff Sega says goes anyway.

Well it didn't take long to back to the old habit of stupid spikes in PA power at arbitrary levels. It may not be as bad as before at least.

Ultimate buster is nontransferable? WHY!?!

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Hm, this is strangely worded. Sega's bad at answering questions about their own game. Going through...

Ultimate quests are supposed to be difficult to clear...but if they're a point quest with no time limit, then the only way to fail is to party wipe. Even solo, this is basically like a gauntlet of XQs, but for free. It can't be as hard as it's described.

UQ/XH enemy health is the same no matter how many players are present. OK. Simple enough. But that's how all quests work. There's a higher chance of getting titled bosses with more players, but that's about it. The only thing that has ever changed in the past was enemy spawn density. Why would enemy health being the same need to be specified?

Sega says melee classes have the greatest risk in combat, but they have the best dodge action and the best HP already, and both Gunner and Techer operate in melee range, but get penalties anyway. The buffed PA damage also hurts Techer since wand melee doesn't have levels, so other classes are getting buffs to their main offense while Techer is left behind. Granted, Techer is already really good as far as damage goes, but it matters when they've claimed they want Techer to be a frontline fighter. It's another way they're not delivering on their word.

Increasing Falz Arm kill count necessary to fight Elder is something that was done before. I guess we're still slaughtering them too quickly? Seems strange to not wait until the new difficulty to see if it's a change that's warranted. It's not a big change since the only thing that will really happen by doing this is changing the music that plays for each fight (slowed down phases = not hitting song 4 as quickly, meaning more time to listen to 1-3), so it's no big deal, but it does make me wonder whether they're really weighing in on whether it's necessary to do that or not. I highly doubt that it'll ever make Falz Elder impossible to fight, so it's no big deal, but still.

Ultimate has been shown dropping 7*s in the livestream. Either that information about drops is false (at least for Rappies), or the livestream was inaccurate even to drops for UQ. Major fail on Sega's part either way, to show 7*s dropping and then say they'll never drop in UQs.

Confirmation of XH AQs coming up? Cool.

Overall, useful information, but some of it is useless/contradictory. But that's how most stuff Sega says goes anyway.
    Yeah, alot of stuff doesn't make sense, seems like the person typeing that is just typing down stuff from a phonecall?

We'll see when the game is up, and see if it's true or not.

Screenshot dump