Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    That's the main reason why I like pso1&2, rare drops. I love that feel when you see someone with the weapon you want, while you are farming the mob/boss like crazy to get one and it never drops even after a year ... or even better, when people remember your name just because you have a rare weapon? priceless.

IMO 12* are still way too common, and I'd love to see just ≈10 13* per ship max ... but looking at pso2 boards, that's not gonna happen (. _.)
    No - PSOep1&2 was good because it had mixed rarity rares.

You had good, performable rares that were attainable for normal, day-to-day players. More dedicated players could aim to get them with hit%.

For more casual players a couple rares was plenty, and they were worth seeking not merely for damage but because of what they could do that others could not. Many of those rares would still be worth using even if you had rarer items - this is important because it meant the more casual players weren't completely outclassed. For mid-tier players, an arsenal of a half dozen to a dozen was good (maybe on one char for lots of options, maybe across multiple chars). For the hardest of the hardbeards, there was shit like the TJS.

Why did this work? Because 90% of the effort went into getting the weapon in the first place. Grinding was usually the simplest part - it was even beneficial, since it freed up bank space. For low tier players the grinding step was practically free if they saved their grinders for the good rares they found.

That is why PSOep1&2 was so good and addicting for so many kinds of players, and that is an inherently impossible scenario so long as grinding and affixing takes up such a large portion of an assembled weapon's final value. In PSO2 you go for the best possible item you can and pool tons of money into it. There's no variety beyond a bonus percentage of single digit, maybe double digit damage. That's not variety. There is rarity, but little to no reason to get anything but the rarest item beyond time spent.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    What's the potential?
    Damage varies based on photon blast gauge

Oooh, so the grind % isnt dat high, so maybe 13* are easy to grind. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

wait did someone from here get a 13*? can you post it please? XD

Someone posted a pic on the 7th page, idk if he got it. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Quote Originally Posted by rashoood View Post
    wait did someone from here get a 13*? can you post it please? XD
    People are posting their 11~13* on twitter, mmoloda and PSO uploader.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Just seen someone in the lobby with a 13* +10 with level 1 pot unlocked, I wonder how good/bad grinding them are.
    Deuman: ナギサ 75Br 75Hu 75Gu 75Fi 75Bo 72Ra 75Fo 88Hr 95Ph

Human: Rikudou Sennin 63Hu 53Fi

Newman: Yoruchi 53Hu 40Fi 53Br

So heres the thing, being a tank ass te/hu is hillarious for both Ult and XQ because you just never die.

Like EVER. Falz's attacks did like 300 damage MAXIMUM to me at lvl 71/70 TEhu with a max tank tree. Its hillarious, but what isn't hillarious. Reverser field. FUck it, not worth it at all.
    Also fuck the wolves. if they surround you you get into an awful stun lock combo that eats all my automate fuel.
    Last edited by Sayara; Nov 19, 2014 at 01:26 PM.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

All I have to say is stop using knockups in EH/Ult

Killing things take enough time without people solo juggling aircobos as if this is MvC3 when their damage isn't amazing.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    So heres the thing, being a tank ass te/hu is hillarious for both Ult and XQ because you just never die.

Like EVER. Falz's attacks did like 300 damage MAXIMUM to me at lvl 71/70 TEhu with a max tank tree. Its hillarious, but what isn't hillarious. Reverser field. FUck it, not worth it at all.
    Also fuck the wolves. if they surround you you get into an awful stun lock combo that eats all my automate fuel.
    Can confirm, elder pain & automate halfline = never die ever

That said, ultimate is just sega exaggerating the same mistakes. It's nonstop flinch & lift, all the time, over and over, nonstop. I got bored about 5 minutes in because that's all. it. is.

Fought the jellyfish in the first grid (srs), vol bird, and rare vol bird. Lots of flinch. Very wow. Something something.