Thumbs up Mag Appearance Pass Guide

So you've decided to play PSO2, and have nostalgia for some old classic PSO1 content. You scour the webzones and discover that one of the most popular mags in PSO1, the Sato (進化デバイス/シャト), is in PSO2! WOW! COOL! GEE WHIZ!

Then you see the prices.
    Spoiler!

WOW! That's expensive! Well it's clearly the best mag in the game, since it's simultaneously the cutest AND the most expensive mag. So you slave away for years killing rappies and selling Grinders and Vraolets, and finally buy yourself the Glorious Sato Master Race Mag Evolution Device™.
    Spoiler!

CONGRATULATIONS! Next to nobody in the game knows where it's from or how much it's worth! But that's okay, because you're better than they are and you know it. I know it. Sato knows it. But somewhere along the way, you happened to obtain new mag passes and are in dire need of MOAR Sato. Delphinus? Cepheus? Monoceros? Such uggo, wow. Unacceptable blight to ocular passageways.

But Glorious Sato Master Race Mag Evolution Device™ costs 800 mil now, what do? You'll be dead at the keyboard slaving away at Nab Rappy Capture before you can buy another one.

BUT WAIT! You don't have to! All you simply have to do is buy a glorious "Mag Form Change Pass" for each other mag you want to change into a Sato! Remember, it's the FORM CHANGE pass, NOT the "Mag Color Reset" or "Mag Color Change Pass". Simply walk to the Recycle Shop, select 3 AC items you don't want....
    Spoiler!

SHAZAM! You got a pass!
    Spoiler!

With that pass in your inventory, go to your mag screen, select the uggo non-Sato, select "Use Mag appearance pass", and look at this screen:
    Spoiler!

Any of the evolution devices you've used on any of your mags on your character should appear here. Select the one you want, select "Change to this form", select "Yes"...
    Spoiler!

AND SHAZAM!
    Spoiler!

WOW! COOL! WOW!
    If you tried changing your mag's form without a Form Change Pass in your inventory, you should get an error dialog box that reads:
    "マグ形態変更パスがないため
    実行することができません。"
    Which roughly translates to:
    "You cannot change your Mag's form
    because you don't have the correct Pass.
    You mediocre dunce."

If you succeeded, well... You're the BEST! AROUND! NOTHIN'S GONNA EVER KEEP YA DOWN!

And that's it! You can usually get 3 AC items for the Form Change Pass for under 600k on the Player Market. Sure beats paying 800 mil, right? Thanks for reading! I hope you thought this thread was entertaining and informative! BECAUSE I DIDN'T. Please like, comment and subscribe!

OR ELSE I'LL CHOP YOU UP AND WEAR YOUR SKIN

>: (
    Last edited by Dhylec; Nov 21, 2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: boxed
    My Youtube
    PSO2 Ship 2 - Ur
    Player ID Name: シュレーディンガーの自己観察の Player ID# 12806332
    Character name: Schrodinger
    HU75 FI60 RA75 GU70 FO70 TE70 BRA59 BO49

Sky, that you?

btw, thanks for this. I actually never bothered looking into this myself.

It does apply to any and all devices I used waaaaaaaay before the mag change pass conception, right? I had sonichi before I got on the beley MK2 hype train.

No premium required either, right?

Also: that sliver of S atk your mag has there, does it bother you?! Tell me it does! I don't want to suffer my OCD alone!
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Nov 21, 2014 at 04:16 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    btw, thanks for this. I actually never bothered looking into this myself.
    Thank you, the single person who replied. I appreciate it. :3
    It does apply to any and all devices I used waaaaaaaay before the mag change pass conception, right? I had sonichi before I got on the beley MK2 hype train.

No premium required either, right?
    I don't know if it does apply to devices used before the Pass came out. Please tell me if it does or it doesn't, either way it's relevant information to this thread. I think you should be able to access any devices you've ever used on your character. And no, premium is NOT required. Also I didn't mention it in the first post, but notice that you can't actually change your Mag's form back into the standard level 100 forms. Which sucks pretty hard, because I really like the way Apus looks. It'd be cool to be able to make your mag look like any of the forms you've ever had on your character, including the low level forms.
    Also: that sliver of S atk your mag has there, does it bother you?! Tell me it does! I don't want to suffer my OCD alone!
    Yes it bothers me. Thankfully I've never screwed up stat wise (except on my first mag, that Cepheus in the picture has 22 dex on it), but I worried about it a lot when I was leveling them up. I've even considered buying stat-down items to fix it, but I don't know if it would even apply since they're max level.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Nov 22, 2014 at 12:52 AM. Reason: edit
    My Youtube
    PSO2 Ship 2 - Ur

WHY WOULD USE YOU YOUR TRIDENT CAMO SCHRO, jk good guide though.Seriously though the trident camo, could have made 25+ million off of that, or give it to me for free, yeah definitely the second option.

Quote Originally Posted by renzokuken4 View Post
    WHY WOULD USE YOU YOUR TRIDENT CAMO SCHRO, jk good guide though.Seriously though the trident camo, could have made 25+ million off of that, or give it to me for free, yeah definitely the second option.
    Danke Kamerad.
    *No Trident camos were harmed in the making of this guide*
    Also it's sad how much Trident costs. Trident is just as much as Satos are, if not more expensive now. And it's only been out since August. >.<
    My Youtube
    PSO2 Ship 2 - Ur

Oh god, why did you use that camo?! O.o

The price has gone down some since apparently some people don't want them anymore, when I checked yesterday it was at 28 million. Haven't been on today so don't know of they have been sold or not.

Quote Originally Posted by renzokuken4 View Post
    The price has gone down some since apparently some people don't want them anymore, when I checked yesterday it was at 28 million. Haven't been on today so don't know of they have been sold or not.
    Cheapest one is 33.6 mil at the time of writing on Ship 2. So berry 'spensive.

Also thanks Dhylec for adding spoiler boxes to my post. I do all of my bbcode manually by hand out of habit with other forums and the spoiler boxes didn't work for me, so I just assumed this forum didn't have the boxes. I should have checked the buttons in the advanced post interface. <.<

Also HEY Maninbluejumpsuit, see if you can get that Mag Form Pass to work for Sonichi. I still want to know about that.
    My Youtube
    PSO2 Ship 2 - Ur

Negative on the sonichi.

I guess mag forms you had, and replaced before the inclusion of mag change passes are gone.

Well there's always beley.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Nov 21, 2014 at 05:28 PM.