Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dark B. View Post
    Quick question. If no one is online at the time you log in into the private servers on GC, can you play online on your own? Or you'll have to play with others howsoever?
    You can solo just fine...if you are the only one player on the server or if there are others on.

Has anyone suffered from data loss (erase your character save, lose items in bank, etc) while playing online? Due to server breakdown for a example. I read something about that somewher and I wan to know if its true.
    Corruption of the memory card can happen(but that's like going for a walk on a sunny day and getting hit by a car...can happen but the chances are low)...more or less there are 2 problems you will encounter(or not) EW(endless warp ->eternal loading screen) or FSOD (Frozen Screen of Death->you get a frozen screen and a nasty sound with it) at that point you lose all your unequipped items in your inventory(not the Bank inventory).

There are also programs to back up your MC, probable easier done on the Wii.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

Or have a copy of your data (charecter file) on an other gc memory card, right?

What Rapid99 said. The chances of it happening are slim, and there's always someone around who can restore your data should anything happen.

Your data is far safer on GC than it is BB. With GC, you own your data and can hop between servers with the same characters as much as you want. With BB, your character is tied to that server, and you have to suffer from roll backs, database outages and errors, etc.

Anyone knows if its ok to use an USA broadband adapter with an EUR GC???
    I've searched all over the ebay and the europeans ones are far more expensive than the US!
    Why is that, does anyone knows?
    Any tips of any good internet store to find a EUR BD adaptor?
    If its against the rules to mention sites or stores or whatever, please pm me

Anyone knows if its ok to use an USA broadband adapter with an EUR GC???
    I've searched all over the ebay and the europeans ones are far more expensive than the US!
    Why is that, does anyone knows?
    Any tips of any good internet store to find a EUR BD adaptor?
    If its against the rules to mention sites or stores or whatever, please pm me
    An American Broadband Adapter will work. The Broadband Adapters aren't region locked.

I can confirm 100% that they will work - as I use a US BBA in one of my own Gamecubes.

The Broadband Adapter is on its way