Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Some Melee Weapon PA Statistics (revamped 1/3/2015)

Basically finding paper DPS and other statistics, mainly for Fighter and some Tech Arts JA Bonus searching.

The disclaimers, explanations, and what-have-you. To sum it up, this is mostly on-paper super simple data and whatnot.
    Spoiler!

I have it on Drive here. Still a ton of work to go on it, but at this point I think it's at least partially useful for Hunter and Fighter weapons at this point.

Metrics Currently Displayed:

1. JA Interval (ms) - Lowest JA timing found
    2. Perfect Timing Improvement (%) - Percent DPS improvement from Just Attacking at the START of the window, rather than the END
    3. Power per Second (%/s) - Photon Art's actual Power dealt over time without consideration of overall attack
    4. Power per PP (%/PP) - PA Power notation per PP spent without consideration of overall attack
    5. Pseudo-DPS (Damage/s) - Includes the (net) attack of the weapons in determining DPS
    6. Pseudo-DpPP (Damage/PP) - Includes the (net) attack of the weapons when calculating PP efficiency

Reference Table:
    * - PA deals more or less damage than power notation implies. This is independent from gear usage. Some of these are significant, a lot are something silly like a three hit PA dealing 34% of it's notation per hit, leading to 102% overall damage.
    (G) - Gear is at max level on a heat system (e.g. Sword)
    (g) - Gear is consumption based and a single gear is used (e.g. Wired Lance)
    (3g) - Gear is consumption based and all 3 gears are used (e.g. Double Saber)
    † - PA in question fires hitboxes out in several directions, making it extremely questionable whether all hits can actually land remotely reliably.
    Hunter Weapons:
    Spoiler!

Fighter Weapons:
    Spoiler!

Hybrid Weapons:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Walkure; Jan 11, 2015 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks! That confirms a few suspicions I had, like how Kestrel Rampage seems to come up very short (lower power on top of low Bouncer multipliers compared to Hunter) next to Holding Current in a chain finish, and how Heavenly Kite in a chain finish felt like it'd be more DPS if only there was a hitbox big enough for two Heavenly Kites to hit while moving vertically upwards. The DB timings also look pretty consistent with what I've been able to get in a chain finish window.

Yet you'll kill a target with high HP faster with Kestrel Rampage than any other dual blade PA. On paper DPS is rarely relevant for action games, there are too many variables.

I'm not saying this is useless information, though, I'm particularly interested in the interval stats, that's really good to know.

Sacred Skewer and Volg Raptor are not the only partisan PAs to receive a damage bonus from the gear.

The difference in DPS between Ignite Parrying with guarding and Ignite Parrying without guarding is immense >_>

It's Destruction Wing.

Volg does more dmg charged and JA? Well then.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Yet you'll kill a target with high HP faster with Kestrel Rampage than any other dual blade PA. On paper DPS is rarely relevant for action games, there are too many variables.
    That depends Chain Trigger PBF Heavenly Kite Heavenly Kite = poor Ragne-chan.

Wait, dual blade gear boosts PA damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    That depends Chain Trigger PBF Heavenly Kite Heavenly Kite = poor Ragne-chan.
    Yes, one of the many variables I was referring to :P I have not tried BO/GU (or GU/BO), but I can totally see why a long PA would be bad with Chain Trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    That's why I have disclaimers and have equal amounts of info about PP usage as well.

Sacred Skewer and Volg Raptor are not the only partisan PAs to receive a damage bonus from the gear.
    Looks like Trick Rave does too, since it gets another hit or something. Can add that in after this falz. Otherwise I haven't really noticed it nor do I see it on swiki, so point out an example and I can check it out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Wait, dual blade gear boosts PA damage?
    Yep. Not mentioned anywhere ingame.

Could you do wands too? They seem to be the only melee weapon missing from the list, and I'd find it interesting to be able to compare the power/time of wand strikes against single enemies to the power/time of Hunter PAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Looks like Trick Rave does too, since it gets another hit or something. Can add that in after this falz. Otherwise I haven't really noticed it nor do I see it on swiki, so point out an example and I can check it out sometime.
    I thought all the partisan PAs get a damage bonus from the gear now? The following quote is taken from the Episode 3 patch notes: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-j...patch-8272014/

When using Photon Arts through Gear, it grants an additional effect for +10% power. (Excluding Sacred Skewer and Volg Raptor)
    It seems to just be talking generally, so I always thought it meant that it applies to all the PAs now. It says it excludes Sacred Skewer and Vol Graptor because they already had a bonus from the gear before the change.
    Last edited by Lynesio; Nov 25, 2014 at 08:17 AM.

I'm confused about why Pick Up Throw has such a low power/time rating on the chart. It's the highest power partizan PA, and it seems to execute quickly. Isn't this a good DPS PA to use with the new grab mechanics now?