Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default phantasy star nova conflicted thoughts

From what i have seen rangers seem to only get to weapons and in psu though i loved the game hated gathering materials to make a weapon id rather the eeapon drop made and if i can play phantasy star portable 2 infinity on my computer and i also just got the ps tv to replace my vita so both i now play on my tv

....What are you sayin?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

"Rangers only seem to get two weapons in Nova" (reference to that Rangers only have access to Rifles and Twin Mechs)
    "And even though I loved PSU, I hated hunting for materials to make a weapon, I'd rather the weapon just drop" (Reference to the item "buying" system in Nova, which is to gather a bunch of materials and make a weapon)
    "If I can, I like to play PSP2i on my computer"
    "I also just got the PSVita TV to replace my Vita so I now play both games (Nova and Infinity) on my TV"

I think that's right!

About Nova itself:

Great game.

Sounds like the monster hunter experience to me. Gather materials, make your weapon.

Light Bowgun
    Heavy Bowgun
    Maybe bow when added to the installment.

Want Bow in Nova so badly
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

I like Rangers weapon you can move while shooting unlike Monster Hunter.

I thought you could run and shoot with light bowguns? Heck they come with rapid fire/clips/auto loaders too.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    I thought you could run and shoot with light bowguns? Heck they come with rapid fire/clips/auto loaders too.
    Nope, heavy bowgun different are slower movement in weapon draw mode, better fire power and you can install a shield for blocking attacks.

What's the advantage of light bowguns, then? Just "running" faster? IIRC, bows are also quite fast themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by STNFCST View Post
    I like Rangers weapon you can move while shooting unlike Monster Hunter.
    Thing is, in PSO2 you are using guns smaller than your size so by logic you should be to shot and run whereas in Monster Hunter the bowguns and bow are about your size (or even bigger) so running and shooting would be nearly impossible unless you want a broken shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tivor View Post
    What's the advantage of light bowguns, then? Just "running" faster? IIRC, bows are also quite fast themselves.
    Mobility and rapid fire that saves a ton load of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by STNFCST View Post
    Nope, heavy bowgun different are slower movement in weapon draw mode, better fire power and you can install a shield for blocking attacks.
    Another note: Unless you don't get long barrels the accuracy will be horrible, but that is the trade off for hitting harder and having a longer range. Also, the shield is primarily there for block roars. I don't know about attacks since it never blocked an attack for me.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    No you can't shoot and run, but you can do a sideways slide after each shot. Combining with with evasion and +jump you can literally kite almost any boss.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Nov 27, 2014 at 08:17 PM.