Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It would also be nice if the normal non-Darker enemies in UQs dropped things other then outdated 11* weapons and excube fodder.

They feel like a waste of time when you know that only the bosses have anything you'd want, but you're unfortunately forced to deal with them if you want more ETs to pop.

So, regular mobs don't drop 12*s or anything?

I wouldn't know, since I've gotten nothing from the Ultimate runs I've done.

Regular mobs only drop 10/11*s, which are dirt cheap. All 12*s and 13*s come from bosses (with all the 13*s coming from Anga).

Weird design.

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

The 12* weapons only drop from the Naberian bosses; the 13*s only drop from Anga. And even they seem to have garbage 10* drops. The little mobs are useless aside from their ability to crush you.

edit: Ninja'd.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

The 10* drops come from everything. They're basically like red/blue weapons, except several times rarer.

Only the darkers drop anything special as far as the normal enemies go, which are 11* versions of the clone weapons that have a nice silver/black color scheme. Their stats are good enough to make them the best anti-Darker weapons available at the moment by a significant margin.
    Last edited by Rakurai; Nov 29, 2014 at 02:28 AM.

I haven't been doing XH or UQ. They are both boring as nuts to me.

PSO2 needs to stop focusing on "incentive to play" and focus on "being fun to play". Same old shit with a "stronger equipment" reward is not fun.
    I mean, I could just wait for the next set of "stronger equipment" instead. Especially because it'll render whatever we're doing now obsolete and pointless.

Give me a reason to actually play right now, SEGA.

At least Magatsu looks like it'll be fun. But it'll be an annoying EQ again. Fucking EQ system.
    TD3 is still the most fun I have in PSO2... when people aren't playing like shit, anyway.

Speaking of people being shit, I was thinking today that the primary reason most people are shit is probably because they can't afford to grind stuff to max.
    That's a serious game design issue. The welfare 11 star Jig weapons are sorta useless because most people aren't going to be able to get them past +4 or so.
    13 stars are a step in the right direction because you can use them off the bat without grinding, but I can't imagine everyone being able to get their hands on those easily.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Nov 29, 2014 at 04:37 AM.

The worst thing about this update is that grinding got nerfed so people trade AC items on +7 skip etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    PSO2 needs to stop focusing on "incentive to play" and focus on "being fun to play".
    Well that's a bit subjective. I find the game's combat inherently fun. The shortcoming really is how they handle content, which involves incentive to play.

As you've said:

At least Magatsu looks like it'll be fun. But it'll be an annoying EQ again. Fucking EQ system.
    Them putting the carrot on the stick to keep me playing behind the walls of fort knox, and giving me a few short spaces of time to even look at the fort doors is what really bugs me with how they're handling XH. They're putting more stuff than ever before behind those walls, namely the large array of XH level weapons from the most basic of enemies, and PA upgrades. SH was not so badly time gated like this unless we specifically wanted falz drops. Almost everything else could be farmed in your own time, at your own pace. They put more of an incentive on EQ watching than ever before.

tldr: SEGA is now telling us when we have the privilege to farm XH bosses. No XH free fields=rare boss triggers are worthless in XH. The freedom we had to farm ginne/burn drall/nepto with triggers when we wanted back in SH does not exist in XH as long as they're EQ only.
    As for disks, common disks are fixed drops from specific enemies. Want a common lvl17 PA that doesn't drop from any enemy in ult, or urban? Either get lucky with a green box, or wait for the next EQ. The salt in the wound? Most melee PAs were given 10% more damage at lvl17 onry. I can't describe this as anything else but total shit. Somehow they made the dripfeed even worse.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Nov 29, 2014 at 06:10 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I've just hit the 'afk till EQ' phase again since they buffed PAs at their final level again, the real sources of disks, and greater variety of drops is locked behind EQ schedules more than ever before. Ult quickly became the least rewarding of all the content they're putting in.
    Amen ._.
    It's often more fun to me to post here instead of actually playing the game.

Thing is sega is sitting on the already-made content just to dripfeed it. This is slow conditioning I'm seeing here.

They used to give every weapon/element their new PA/tech all at once.

Then they started putting them out in intervals.

Now they're doing it with quest difficulty transition.

I'm sure they're just testing what they can get away with when it comes to dripfeeding.

Still don't know who's bright idea was it to time-gate this stuff behind the EQ schedule of all things.
    Sega has no clue about how to make profits.
    PSO2 is easily their most profitable product.
    Instead of giving more content at a reasonable rate to keep people happy and playing, they dripfeed it to make it last longer, but in turn antagonize a lot of players who won't pay while they don't enjoy the game very much.
    Sure, it lasts longer, but people will make it less and less profitable.

I haven't been doing XH or UQ. They are both boring as nuts to me.

PSO2 needs to stop focusing on "incentive to play" and focus on "being fun to play". Same old shit with a "stronger equipment" reward is not fun.
    I mean, I could just wait for the next set of "stronger equipment" instead. Especially because it'll render whatever we're doing now obsolete and pointless.

Give me a reason to actually play right now, SEGA.
    Yeah, all these tiny boost make me feel like I should just take an extended break until 13* passes are out or something, come back in 2017 and only log in once every 3 months to keep my account alive.

Speaking of people being shit, I was thinking today that the primary reason most people are shit is probably because they can't afford to grind stuff to max.
    That's a serious game design issue. The welfare 11 star Jig weapons are sorta useless because most people aren't going to be able to get them past +4 or so.
    13 stars are a step in the right direction because you can use them off the bat without grinding, but I can't imagine everyone being able to get their hands on those easily.
    Nah.
    Most people have crappy gear cause they are stupid and/or spend 99% of their money on costumes and accessories and/or never do tacos, which are now weekly and give a lot of money (h + shvh tas + xq cos are about 2.7 mil).

And 13* made a step in the wrong direction.
    A huge step.
    It's a rare, special kind of grinder and costs absurd amounts (even 12* may only cost 35k) BUT it is still extremely likely to fail.
    Which means it's a lot more expensive than before. Sega of course didn't go the sensible, reasonable way of making you pay upfront a large nearly fixed amount so that you can't lose huge sums cause of the RNG anymore, but rather opted for the Sega™ way of wasting just more money than before.

As for disks, common disks are fixed drops from specific enemies. Want a common lvl17 PA that doesn't drop from any enemy in ult, or urban? Either get lucky with a green box, or wait for the next EQ. The salt in the wound? Most melee PAs were given 10% more damage at lvl17 onry. I can't describe this as anything else but total shit. Somehow they made the dripfeed even worse.
    Yeah. It's not good that there are huge jumps in power for only a single lvl higher, but if we get one more level every year, this has to be worth it.

BTW, even some of the PAs cirno lists as "Common [class] Drop" are enemy specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post

Yeah. It's not good that there are huge jumps in power for only a single lvl higher, but if we get one more level every year, this has to be worth it.

BTW, even some of the PAs cirno lists as "Common [class] Drop" are enemy specific?
    What's annoying is that only melee is really worth the hunt for lvl 17 disks. Ranged and Tech disks are nigh useless since the boost isn't really noticeable. All Ulti. should have done is a 10% nerf for technic and ranged damage and give the disks all the same reasonable boosts.

As well as releasing lvls 18-20 as well. Drip feeding pa's one level at a time is absolute s***.