Default Advice for playing a HUmar

I've been playing offline mostly hunting and just exploring or playing through storymode to unlock Hard/ Super Hard. Any advice to hitting over three hundred with either normal or hard? I've raised a few mags and noticed a slight boost in my damage output but I wonder if I need to hunt for better units. Also I fed 50 hit/50 power mats to my HUmar was that a good idea?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

I would use a Reset Material and go all Power for your HUmar. Reason being that when you cast Shifta on yourself, the boost from the materials help amplify the effect of Shifta, whereas the boost from your Mag will not help amplify your Shifta. So if you wanna have some extra points in Hit, raise a Mag with mixed Power and Hit.

I highly recommend that you check out DoctorShanks guide How to Maximize Your Damage. There you can find basically all you need to know to increase your damage.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Ok thanks.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.