Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks guys for all your help. I started playing this game back when it was in Beta and I had two accounts because you could only make one character per account, and then left the game for awhile and came back after the DDOS. But apparently I had made a character on ship 6, from before I knew ship 2 was the place to be, way back then and forgotten about her so now she's being deleted, though I wish I could skip the 24 hours thing but oh well. I'm also going to look into AC to maybe make a third character for extra money and stuff with things like dailies and Time Attacks. Arks-Layer says it's $15 for 1000 WM? But I don't know that means. How much AC is it for certain things, like making another character, and if I delete that character for whatever reason, will I still keep the slot for that character, or would I have to buy another one?

But thanks for the tips on solo-ing. I didn't know NPCs counted in the boosting of exp. I typically take at least one, usually my support partner, in to a quest with me. Two or three if I'm fighting a boss and depending which boss it is. But for the boost, I'll just start taking a full party with me all the time. I hadn't actually met anyone else who went solo like that so it's nice to see someone. I know the game is geared towards partying but I just prefer to go at my own pace and do my own thing so I only ever deal with NPC party members.

Thanks for your help

Well Arks Layer has a very high markup, yes

AIDA posted another way to get AC here if you have an Android phone: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218485

New character slot is 500AC

New mag is 300AC (don't buy a Mag reset until you run out of slots for new mags, Mag reset is 500AC)

The ideal exchange rate should be US$0.82 = 100 JPY = 100WM = 100AC. However, there's markups in between for exchange rate, seller markup etc so the actual USD price ends up slightly higher.

Buying via PSO2es gets you very close to the ideal rate since you're buying AC directly, so the only middleman is Google. Buying WebMoney via a vendor means there's at least two middlemen involved, i.e. the person selling you WM and WebMoney Corp itself, so that's typically more expensive.
    Last edited by Selphea; Dec 5, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

About the extra character, and don't quote me specifically on this because it's been a long while since I've deleted an extra character and sometimes things do change (it's been the most of 2 years), but when I last did it, deleting the character meant permanently losing that slot. Somebody may have more updated information than me, but between the eventual All Skill Tree Reset Passes and being able to get a Makeover Pass and Mag Pass, as long as your character starts off the right race, almost everything else can be reconfigured later if you're not content, though it may cost you AC (Mags will cost you AC as far as I know, but they gave out Makeover Passes in a recent Bingo; I have 5 passes as of now).

SEGA's been a lot more generous as of late than before Episode 3, so things may change; always keep that in mind. Also, the 24 hour thing with deleting your character is so that way if you decide you want to keep that character, you can reclaim them; it's a safety net SEGA introduced because I guess a few players accidentally deleted extra toons.

One thing about extra party members if you plan to solo stuff, if you run something like Bal Rodos or Blu Ringahda and they have some kind of "weakened stance" where they expose their weak point and let you beat on them, the time they do this depends on how many people are there. So if you bring npcs they will get up sooner and you have less time to beat on them. I dont bring npcs for these bosses.

Actually this week I deleted an old character I made on the wrong ship and now I have an extra slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Netro Shine View Post
    About the extra character, and don't quote me specifically on this because it's been a long while since I've deleted an extra character and sometimes things do change (it's been the most of 2 years), but when I last did it, deleting the character meant permanently losing that slot.
    The AC options buy characters, as opposed to slots. EP2 added a second character slot for all accounts that functions identically to the first one, but any character purchased with AC will not leave the slot they take up behind if they are deleted. So yeah, deleting a character pre-EP2 would lose the slot forever, but now, it's possible to delete a second character and reuse the slot they took up.

Thanks for the info on AC. I think I'm mostly set but I have one other question which totally isn't related to the topic of this thread but I figured while I was here I would ask, instead of making another thread for it.

Affixing. I never worried about it before because I wasn't at a point where I was grinding and caring about buffing my equipment. But now I'm getting further into the game and I'm getting better equipment and planning things out and stuff and I heard that affixing is incredibly important for end game goals. But I'm lost as to what affixing actually entails. I was never able to find a thorough guide on it or anything and the only time I ever attempted anything with it was for the Arks Road thing with Jean's client orders... So basically, can someone explain affixing to me or point me in the direction of a guide for it?