Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch Problems?

Default Patch Problems?

Hey guys, I have a question about whether anyone else is having problems with their patches or if it's just my terrible laptop. The last few days, Tweaker has given me a few updates to the story patch. I always check if it's compatible before I install it and Tweaker said they were so I installed them. But on Saturday when I did that, none of the ships would show up when I started the game. I had to check for Missing files and reinstall all the patches, which takes at least an hour on my laptop because it's a piece of garbage, and then yesterday it did the same thing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the story patch itself yesterday but that didn't work either so I had to check for Missing files again and reinstall everything, again. Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? My laptop is severely beginning to kick the bucket and I'm getting a new one for Christmas, so it's entirely possible my laptop is screwing something up in the update process, but I wanted to check if it's just me or if others are having a problem.
    Ship 2
    ID: JadedNightingale
    Leorina (Te/Fi)
    Ariadne (Br/Hu)

Call the good AIDA
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Well, i just re-installed the English patch and everything, and all i get is a black screen then eventually a jp box pops up which i assume is some kind of error, and closes me down.... iv tryed everything to do with fixing it, but only the TRUE JP version works.....

P.S re-installing atm is taking forever.....

Everytime I updated the story patch, the game would load and I would get to the main screen, hit enter a few times, and when I got to the ship select, the ships would take a few minutes to load (which is longer than they normally take) and then none of them would be open. But the game would be working properly until I updated the story patch. Although I do find it weird that since I've begun having this problem my game takes an obnoxious amount of time to load. Like when I open the game, I get the three opening things, the SEGA logo and the Nvidia logo and then the cinematic thing, but then the main screen takes several minutes to load. This game has never exactly been fast on my laptop but it's never taken that long before. I've only been having this problem since Saturday though. Thursday I played for several hours with no problem, and then when I went to play Saturday it started having problems. I assumed it could be the story patch because it's the only thing that changed between Thursday and Saturday. I didn't do anything to my laptop or anything else. But yes, everytime I updated the patch, it broke and when I did a Missing Files check and reinstalled all the patches, it was fixed. Although I'm not having the issue where all I get is a black screen and an error so that's somethinng different from my problem I think. Also, I feel like I should mention that, since I began having this problem, when I do get the game to work, the first time I try to log in it starts to authenticate my log in and then it gives me a "Server Connection Time Out" but then when I log in again it works. So I don't know if that goes with this or if it's something else entirely.

Now, it is completely and entirely possible, and somewhat likely, that it is my piece of crap laptop giving me problems. It's kind of taken a drastic downward spiral the last few weeks. But I just thought it was weird that I didn't start having problems until I updated the story patch on Saturday. I know it's not Pingzapper or anything because it continues to work properly after check for missing files and repatch. The story patch was the only thing I could think of, but maybe my computer is just doing this to make me mad, and it's succeeding -_-

Update: The game is still not working -_- I didn't have a chance to play yesterday after I finished checking for missing files and then this morning I finished patching it but I'm still having the same problem. I've tried changing Tunnels on Pingzapper as well but that didn't work either and I'm just not sure why this isn't working when it was working perfectly fine after I re-patched it Saturday, and worked fine on Sunday with no problems. I won't be able to use my new laptop until Christmas so I really don't want to have to wait until then to be able to play this on my laptop. Any ideas?

Update 2: So, officially, nothing is working. I tried checking the install for problems, and nothing came up. I tried checking for deleted, non-existant files and it came up with a few that said "file size is 0!" and then I fixed those but that didn't work either. I checked for missing files again and didn't reinstall any of the patches, leaving the game as regular, standard, vanilla Japanese but that didn't work either. With or without patches, the game does not work. I can get to the ship select but no matter what I do, the ships will not show up. I've tried switched Pingzapper tunnels multiple times to no avail. I even tried Softether, which is being a little finicky itself so that might not be working properly either so I don't know if that was an accurate attempt or not, but that didn't work either. What is going on with my game? I'm not going to bother with an un-install and reinstall of the whole game because I might as well just wait for Christmas for my new laptop which will work better than this, but I just don't understand what happened to my game when it was working perfectly fine.
    Last edited by ashleebabee2308; Dec 9, 2014 at 02:32 PM.
    Ship 2
    Leorina (Te/Fi)
    Ariadne (Br/Hu)

By ships not showing up you meant they are grey'd or the models are not displaying correctly?

「insert cool char name and lvl here」
    Ship 7
    Lazy in everything .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Walker View Post
    By ships not showing up you meant they are grey'd or the models are not displaying correctly?
    They are greyed out.
    Ship 2
    Leorina (Te/Fi)
    Ariadne (Br/Hu)

Even when you tried Softether? Have you tried switching to another vpn server on it yet?

「insert cool char name and lvl here」
    Ship 7
    Lazy in everything .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Walker View Post
    Even when you tried Softether? Have you tried switching to another vpn server on it yet?
    Yeah, even on Softether. Although I am at school right now and Softether seems to act a little weird at school so I will try it again later tonight if I can manage to get on before they shut down for maintenance, or I'll try again tomorrow morning once I update since I'll be home. I'm hoping maybe tonight's maintenance will fix the issue possibly, or maybe it is just Pingzapper (though I still find it weird that it worked somewhat over the weekend and now it's not). But I tried Softether, except it was being a little weird so it might not have worked correctly, but I'll give it another shot when I can. I tried a few different servers, but I find a lot of them don't work properly at school.

Update: I managed to get Softether to work slightly better but it still won't solve the problem. I'm still running the Vanilla JP version. I also have tried checking for PSO2 updates, which made sure I was running Vanilla, but that didn't work either. This is really frustrating because it was literally just working two days ago and I played for like 4 hours with no problem. It did boot me out once because my computer had a problem, but I hopped right back on with no issue. But as of right now, Softether is not fixing the issue. I even picked one of the servers that had a bunch of other sessions so I know that one was working. The only other thing I can think of is maybe something about the school internet is causing a problem, although it hasn't before as long as I used Pingzapper or something. I will try it at home but I don't know if that's going to work. This is killing me. I could have played for five hours today but no. My laptop hates me.
    Last edited by ashleebabee2308; Dec 9, 2014 at 05:24 PM.
    Ship 2
    Leorina (Te/Fi)
    Ariadne (Br/Hu)

Alright, guys, so new problems. I've established that not a single computer in my house with PSO on it will work now. I typically play on my brother's computer when I'm home because he has a custom built gaming computer that is a few years old now but runs the game on the highest settings and works like magic compared to my laptop. Except this morning when I went to check for a game update, which Tweaker said there was none, I found that the game is doing the same thing on my brother's desktop. I installed the updated story patch, since AIDA said it wasn't causing the problem, and then I started the game but the ships were greyed out and the loading screen to bring the ships up takes roughly 5 minutes. I tried changing the Pingzapper tunnel but that didn't work. I'm doing a missing files check now but I honestly don't have any faith that will work. But this computer, my brother's desktop, was working perfectly fine on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and every day before that. He didn't even have the weird problems I had over the weekend on my laptop so this doesn't make any sense to me.

After looking through the forums, I've noticed that several people lately seem to be having weird graphics problems but only roughly two other people are having anything like I'm having and can't get in the game. Could the graphics problems maybe be related? Is something wrong with the game overall? I'm going to push the graphics down to crappy settings and see if that helps, though I don't know why it would but it's the only thing I can think of. I'm also going to try logging in even with the ships greyed out and see what happens, just for the hell of it.

Any ideas on what the hell is going on?

Update: So after the missing files check and it still wasn't working, I started messing with the tunnels on Pingzapper. It seems that the only tunnel that works is Tokyo 1. None of the other tunnels that were working just the other day are working now, and Tokyo has never worked for me before. I mean, it worked but it would boot me out after a half hour so I guess I'll see if it still does it. I downloaded Softether on my brother's computer and tried that, but a lot of the Japan servers won't work either. I found one or two that did work, but it just seems weird that everything that worked two days ago is suddenly not working.
    Last edited by ashleebabee2308; Dec 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM.
    Ship 2
    Leorina (Te/Fi)
    Ariadne (Br/Hu)

Try PSO2Proxy maybe? I have no idea what the hell would be going on to cause all those errors.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2