Page 197 of 254 FirstFirst ... 97147187194195196197198199200207247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2539

Is it worth going for 8s aura rod with battle arena pot at this point? Will obviously be weaker than zeinesis with the good pot and good affixes, but is the PP related stuff enough to let it fill a role?

Particularly looking to have it replace my austere rod, since it should be better than that in every way.

Meseta and cubes should not be an issue for at least two well affixed weapons, but I likely won't be able to replace them that quickly for the foreseeable future. I don't have time to play for extra special ability factors, and obtaining zeinesis stuff is going to take a long while. Other commitments suddenly digging deep into time available, but am close to +35 for aura rod.

While I believe I will at least finish off zeinesis and get the good potential, do you think it still be worth pouring into a couple or few months down the line? Same question for Aura's lifepsan.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubaly View Post
    Is it worth going for 8s aura rod with battle arena pot at this point? Will obviously be weaker than zeinesis with the good pot and good affixes, but is the PP related stuff enough to let it fill a role?

Particularly looking to have it replace my austere rod, since it should be better than that in every way.

Meseta and cubes should not be an issue for at least two well affixed weapons, but I likely won't be able to replace them that quickly for the foreseeable future. I don't have time to play for extra special ability factors, and obtaining zeinesis stuff is going to take a long while. Other commitments suddenly digging deep into time available, but am close to +35 for aura rod.

While I believe I will at least finish off zeinesis and get the good potential, do you think it still be worth pouring into a couple or few months down the line? Same question for Aura's lifepsan.
    aura is the best alternative for zenesis at the moment if 7/8s. should last a while still, but can't compare to the damage of high affix zen.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    aura is the best alternative for zenesis at the moment if 7/8s. should last a while still, but can't compare to the damage of high affix zen.
    Alright thanks. Fingers crossed that nothing else will come along and be second to zeniesis. There shouldn't be anything b... ut... revamped yamato, if that's real. Crap.

if the yamato weps are just "upgraded" versions of the original yamato weps then theres nothing to worry about (phantom radar is literal trash.. no way to fix trash) even better they could just be the old yamato weps so you could farm factors

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    if the yamato weps are just "upgraded" versions of the original yamato weps then theres nothing to worry about (phantom radar is literal trash.. no way to fix trash) even better they could just be the old yamato weps so you could farm factors
    I wish I could trust Sega to not make them "useless" upgrades. Aura battle arena potential exists, and that had a boss only potential before.

Not to mention there's 2 rods. The phantom radar one and that silver looking one which name eludes me. Unless it's the other way around.

Maybe I'll just go for zein so I can save resources. By that time, if yamato revamp is live, I'd be able to determine then. Both my yamato rods are +34 in storage after all...

Thanks to you both.

So, since the last time I posted I've been practicing every chance I get with Talis yet I still can't seem to get the hang of them. Is there some sort of trick to them? Does anyone have any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyreth View Post
    So, since the last time I posted I've been practicing every chance I get with Talis yet I still can't seem to get the hang of them. Is there some sort of trick to them? Does anyone have any tips?
    Your talis will cast techs where you throw it in the direction that you have targeted. This can be manually adjusted with TPS. Most of your talis use will be for stuff like ragrants and gifoie if you have a fire talis. Practice against packs of mobs with zondeel and then gifoie or zondeel then ragrants. You will typically get 4-5 casts depending on the tech you are using so with more practice you will get used to how many casts you get per tech.

Talis fast throw will immediately position your talis at max range. A bit harder to practice, but has use in EQ's like PD, Mother, and Deus.

It would help to know what you are struggling with though. It could be the techs you are using or your talis positioning. A video would help direct where you should be practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by azami View Post
    Your talis will cast techs where you throw it in the direction that you have targeted. This can be manually adjusted with TPS. Most of your talis use will be for stuff like ragrants and gifoie if you have a fire talis. Practice against packs of mobs with zondeel and then gifoie or zondeel then ragrants. You will typically get 4-5 casts depending on the tech you are using so with more practice you will get used to how many casts you get per tech.

Talis fast throw will immediately position your talis at max range. A bit harder to practice, but has use in EQ's like PD, Mother, and Deus.

It would help to know what you are struggling with though. It could be the techs you are using or your talis positioning. A video would help direct where you should be practicing.
    I'm unable to provide a video unfortunately but some of your post clears up some of my troubles. I've been using Fast Throw almost exclusively but judging by your post, this is where I've been going wrong most of the time.

I also notice my Talis just disappears when I throw it and it collides with something (normally an enemy). It's also hard for me to see where the actual Talis is located and how far away from me it is.

I'm also unsure what techs I should be casting from a Rod over a Talis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyreth View Post
    I'm unable to provide a video unfortunately but some of your post clears up some of my troubles. I've been using Fast Throw almost exclusively but judging by your post, this is where I've been going wrong most of the time.

I also notice my Talis just disappears when I throw it and it collides with something (normally an enemy). It's also hard for me to see where the actual Talis is located and how far away from me it is.

I'm also unsure what techs I should be casting from a Rod over a Talis.
    Talis will go back to your character if you throw it at a wall or the floor. If you throw it at an enemy it will stop when it hits an enemy.

I usually reserve fast throw for when I absolutely need the max range. I also keep the button readily available so that I can turn it on/off whenever need be. As far as techs on rod vs talis, it's a matter of convenience and damage. For example, if I'm doing my daily super hard orders I'm just going to run around with my fire rod and rafoie/gifoie everything in sight. But if I'm running something like ultimate quest I would consider using a talis for zondeel, so that I'm not zondeeling hyper aggressive mobs into myself and instadying.

It's important to keep in mind that talis tech bonus makes techs casted from a talis much stronger than that of a rod. So if you're fighting someone like anga, ragne, etc you will probably want to make sure that you are using your talis when possible. You will switch to your rod when you want to cast compound techs because talis does not give tech bonus to those and rod has higher t-attack(in the end = more damage).

Shachao made a pretty decent video explaining which techs can be used with rod or talis. The best way to learn is to watch other forces like him or milranduil when they stream or on their youtube to pick up various things they are doing that you may not be.

You may have to get a more noticeable talis camo, they shouldn't be too expensive.