Page 194 of 254 FirstFirst ... 94144184191192193194195196197204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    I'm being advised that Dark based techs are better on Talis over Rod....is that correct?
    For Namegid, absolutely.

However, even Namegid isn't really that great when compared to Gimegid's potential damage with a good craft. All other dark techs have decent situational usage, but aren't notable for pumping out damage. Talis would make them stronger, but there's not many times you would use them in endgame content to much effect.

As Gimegid has a max range of about 22 meters from the casting origin, max talis throw range is about 30 meters in one direction, and max lock on distance is approximately 50 meters (all this according to information from the arks visiphone wiki), a talis can make gimegid useful in reaching a target otherwise out of range of gimegid if you were to use it with a rod. One very specific time this would be handy is dealing with Deus' snake heads while they're holding still and charging (the point you have to stop them all so you can climb up to deus' core).

However, if a target is close enough to you, you can just start with a zanverse and then spam concentrated gimegid to potentially get equal or more damage while helping your group if nobody else is zanversing. Not that you can't do this with a talis either (throw > zanverse quickly since JA doesn't matter > 3 or 4 gimegid casts before talis disappears), but the tenths of seconds used to throw can be dangerous/ requires some skill to pull off.

Note that what is being described with gimegid can realistically be used with ragrants too, which would win out against gimegid in most cases where PP isn't an issue. However, gimegid is a far more PP efficient option if all of its hits hit... and for nearly the same damage. Deus specifically doesn't have a reliable attack that can cause status effect for super treatment (and that you can live through necessarily), but does have at least a few times where the point you attack is holding completely still. The ability to do nearly the damage of ragrants but with a lot more casts in one PP bar is great for those cases.

Doesn't mention how rod is better for a quick bit of PP regen too, if a situation allows for extended DPS and there is no super treatment, pp convert, or ketos proi PB. For deus specifically, there is typically no situation that falls under this though.
    Last edited by Anubaly; Apr 22, 2017 at 12:13 AM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

would when deus starts to get back up from after an attack be a good time to start a namegid on him

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    would when deus starts to get back up from after an attack be a good time to start a namegid on him
    In theory yes, but only if you have enough PP for it.

Every time deus does an attack that leaves his core exposed, I get down to 10-15% of my PP bar (187) with no temporary PP regen boosts, which is not enough to get a namegid off. I switch to orbit or queen vera to regenerate PP for the next core exposure period. That or throw out more buffs/healing if I can top off quickly enough.

From experience with Deus and hitting his core when in his resting position, aka normally out of range from the players, max distance talis gimegid tickled him for 17 damage by tick, no I didn't forget to add a K after 17. So using namegid would be likely wasted, unless he come back quick enough in range to avoid the massive damage resistance. Even then, two minus is lose of bigger pp recovery and the fact namegid might lose it's target anyways.

For when Deus is doing his right to left heavenly fire rain, I like to prebuff Ramegid-0 (3-4k tick by hugging core) and let's lose with around 4 megid while positionning myself to mirage escape around the spot his core is after that. Ramegid-0 is nothing major, but extra damages, even so little, cannot hurt when I'm otherwise near full PP.

As far as dark tech on rod vs talis, for the usefull one, none is affected from being used off a talis, so they only get better DPH. Megid, being a slow projectile, gain also from the shorter travel distance (can have it's use for trash mob, although ilmegid can be an option also if it 1shot). Gimegid was already mentionned, so I will simply vouch for it being a great bossing and mobbing with zondeel also. Namegid I only use for boss fight when they are hyperactive and weak to dark (and agro isn't on me). Samegid doesn't exist.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

About that namegid doing 17 damage, according to a teammate, you actually hit another part rather than the core. I was doing about 14 damage per tick with ragrants cuz I kept hitting something else, while i kept doing around 280k namegid on it's core.

Also I have a question, I'm starting to play Fo again after a year so i'm kinda rusty. Is magical piece with hidden pot a must to maintain good DPS with compound techs? Also how would I go about making a rainbow set of weapons? Should I get both rod and talis for each element?
    Last edited by arokidaaron; Apr 24, 2017 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arokidaaron View Post
    About that namegid doing 17 damage, according to a teammate, you actually hit another part rather than the core. I was doing about 14 damage per tick with ragrants cuz I kept hitting something else, while i kept doing around 280k namegid on it's core.
    I do hit about that much on his Core with Namegid.....think a few times if WB was still there I hit lil over 300k with it.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

How is lightning these days if I don't like ult Amduscia?
    Is there much of a point using it?

If you max Bolt tech pp save, can you get free ilzonde, i.e. by the time you finished charging and the animation is over you refilled as many pp as ilzonde used up? Will that still work with Ilzonde crafted for charge reduction?

What are the best lightning strats at the moment and are they worth using on enemies not weak to lighting / instead of Ragrants? And are they worth using over ragrants against darkers weak to lightning?

Razonde from talis/JB (or jump-hugging with rod for single) is still solid damage in aoe situation. Gizonde for when they are more spread or hyper active I suppose. Zonde, lot of FO prefer to go Zonde-0 for the bossing ability, sacrificing the only long range single target tech, going for much higher stationnary damage output. Nazonde is as lackluster as usual. Sazonde, I'm not even sure what it's worth these day, I didn't touch lightning much in forever. Zondeel now got Left Ring Peace Zondeel, so now lightning tech can mob up with their own zondeel without blowing it up.

For ilzonde, the closest you would get would be with the 13* skull talis for that -30% pp cost when travelling. Sadly, ilzonde lock your pp regen while you're riding it. Should still be plenty of ilzonde spam with only bolt pp save, even with -charge time craft.

Outside of ult amd, lightning truly see little use. Your best bet is if you're running XHAQ desert(F), tunnel(D), ruin(E) and quarry(E).
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    I do hit about that much on his Core with Namegid.....think a few times if WB was still there I hit lil over 300k with it.
    for having tried a bit, Core does have massive resistance, just not as often as you may think. Basically core is nearly invincible ONLY when Deus Esca is idle and has his arms crossed. anytime he is actually doing something, core loses this resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    How is lightning these days if I don't like ult Amduscia?
    Is there much of a point using it?

If you max Bolt tech pp save, can you get free ilzonde, i.e. by the time you finished charging and the animation is over you refilled as many pp as ilzonde used up? Will that still work with Ilzonde crafted for charge reduction?

What are the best lightning strats at the moment and are they worth using on enemies not weak to lighting / instead of Ragrants? And are they worth using over ragrants against darkers weak to lightning?
    Part of it was answereded by Sandmind but to add a bit to this

unless you're using orbit GS, Concentrated Ilzonde will still have a cost, although minimum

-Zonde type 0 is your BnB both for bossing and mobbing clustered enemies, with or without the help of Zondeel. Most people underestimate it a lot. It has its limitations and loses to ragrants in terms of pure power (not by a large margin), but is much more sustainable, meaning that at times where PP convert/Ketos Proi is not available, it may be a much better option
    - Razonde was already covered by Sandmind, it's with Zondeel, one of your most important techs
    -Sazonde is a bit underwhelming in terms of power, but has a very high SE rate with Swift lv 1 recipe, which can be used along with a Fierce crafted Zondeel for quick and easy shocks.
    - Gizonde pretty much lost its niche becase zondeel > zonde type 0 or Razonde mostly do a better job at this. Still can see some situational use
    -Nazonde doesn't exist at this point since it's outshined by everything else.

As it was said, Lightning sees very few use, especially for FO/TE since other elements can offer a lot more. However, both FO/FI and FO/BR are still fairly efficient builds specializing in this element, since PP management is not as much as an issue as with other techs. You do lose on things like super treatment, territory burst or compound damage, but you're also much less reliant on hitting with the right element, which can let you have fun with a particular FO element while at least pulling your own weight
    FO/FI has more stable damage and better compounds, while FO/BR has katana mobility and can do Banish > Zonde Type 0, which is still one of the stronger banish tech combos out there.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 24, 2017 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    for having tried a bit, Core does have massive resistance, just not as often as you may think. Basically core is nearly invincible ONLY when Deus Esca is idle and has his arms crossed. anytime he is actually doing something, core loses this resistance.

True but at that time I'd assume it's better to just use Gimegid spam.....

Namegid can still tag him from far away while gimegid doesn't seem like it can.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89