Page 166 of 254 FirstFirst ... 66116156163164165166167168169176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2539

I already have light austere rod and have enough materials for two austere weapons (both 60 attribute). Also I already have ares rod, talis and ray talis but I'm thinking of upgrading these to austeres.

I guess I'm going with the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    (I love how taking a quick look at my how 21h old post leave me speechless at how heavy and dense in info it is. So much rapid fire info packed like sardine.)

Glad to know this data will come in handy. Feel free to ask more FOTE related question here or in the "Quick question thread" in the PSO2 general section. There is never a dumb question, but people here tend to get salty if making a new thread for a single (common) question.

Regarding entry level weapon that springed up, the only reason I truly mentionned any 13* was since itsbao93 was talking about endgame and was himself at endgame. At that point, it depend of time, meseta, lambda grinder, photon sphere and excube mostly.

My own recommendation used to be pre NT introduction: pick a random 1-3* Rod and/or Talis with chosen element, grind to 10, max element and good to go until VH. Then start investing as seen fit in better weapon, althought it depend on ressources and leveling speed.

Red rod/talis are a good alternative for freemium getting into SH/XH indeed. The main reason those suffer on FOTE vs every other class is due to the fact the elemental value is static for them (add straight invariable attack), where FO's Element Conversion is an another multiplier that use the Rod's raw Tatk as base. Still good weapons.

Nox Rod restriction (being above ... 40%? PP) is major for fire and light element, since those two burn PP like no tomorrow. PP Convert counter it when active ofc. Solid choice and easy to get thanks to Revolucio Rod Sheet, since you can simply do SH+, collect the Nox, trash and repick with no penality if not wanting the Revo. Also worth investing in, since feeding a 12* NT+30 to a 13* NT will give it a large amount of exp. (For reference, 13* NT can be feed a Nox+26 for 0 to +10, then a Nox+30 with maybe 1-2 10* at +10 or +20 if you have even more photon sphere to throw out when emperor rappy isn't around, and the 20-30 will use more, just check before feeding how much you truly need.)

Not going further with this topic, other than elemental tech potential 10-12* are still solid if premium.

And now going to throw my current trees for FOTE as an example, some SP could be moved around, but it's a solid base.
    FOTE Fire + Light/Dark
    FOTE Lightning + Light/Wind
    TEFO Light/Support for PD EQ + Ice FO main

TE sub in particular, could remove 4 SP from Territory PP Save and invest 3 SP into Wind Mastery to boost Zanverse on the Light/Dark tree. Or remove Wand Gear + 1 SP Wand Lover, since I got an ice Elysion and step come in handy. Spare could always be burned into Tatk Up2, but I favor reduced PP cost on zondeel/shifta/resta/anti/zanverse/megiverse/deband.

The TE tree with main class support was a spare tree I hadn't touched since last summer. It's alright for pug'ing PD, the DPS lose is noticeable when comparing my un-affix'ed Ray Talis +30 vs my tricked out Caduceus with ult buster. But I make sure there is a TE in the mpa, even if the zanverse is the crappiest it can get (if I see other using it, I try to avoid using mine). In terrible pug, I have used up Reverser Field twice and all 5 moon a few time so far...

Talis Fast Thrown is a skill I heard good off in some situation, like Talis Ragrants on boss when exposing weakpoint (example: Double when chasing him, position the talis at max range faster). I would had specced it already, but main class only, so gonna spec it 1st on my lightning tree the next time I actually use it.

Edit: And made a wall of text again.
    I'm also a fairly new player and thanks, I find this very helpful!

What are the best techs for mobbing and the best techs for bossing atm?

Be aware I'm an average FOTE players, so specific boss killing strategie never were my strenght.

So the general idea is:

Light
    Boss: Ragrants, Ragrants and maybe ilgrants if the boss is too mobile.
    Mob: Talis Zondeel into Ragrants. Rod also work, but make sure to apply zondeel when safe (tip: making a short jump to get out of your own zondeel is faster than straight mirage escape. You may mirage escape after the jump if you wish.) Gigrants, even after using the charge time reduction tech craft is still lower dps than zondeel ragrants, but a fine option for stuff it can one shot. Nagrants ... it's more usefull if you combo it with zondeel and watch the mob get stun locked. I know I had fun using it to setup TAJA for Moment Gale as JB BOFI last summer when we had a LQ with 90% darker mobs.

Fire
    Boss: Safoie for up close and personal, eitheir power crafted for damage or -pp for subtainability. Nafoie is ok when using PP convert. Rafoie and Foie for long range.
    Mob: Gifoie for that 360 aoe, heavy damage and zondeel make it better of course (alternatively, safoie work too with zondeel). TPS Foie can make short work of a line of mob if you don't directly aim at them, since Foie stop at the 1st hitbox it's core hit, but won't stop if it only graze it (I like to shot a little over their heads). Rafoie for usual long range sniping with tiny aoe.

Ice
    Boss: It's mostly ilbarta who does the heavy work. If in an mpa with other FO, try to be mindfull and see if they hit harder so they can get the 7th hit more often (I'm guilty of rarely following my own advice). Innocent Form's potential weapon is best done when solo for 1st to 5-6th hit.
    Mob: A mix of Gibarta, rabarta and innocent form nabarta get the work done (innocent form is also nice with sabarta to one shot less bulky mob out of range of your aoe).

Lightning
    Boss: With the introduction of Zonde Type-0 tech craft, I can no longer say if it's better than combining sazonde (can be used with or without innocent form) with zonde spam.
    Mob: Here, zondeel take a nosedive since your lightning tech will detonate it (captain obvious hat on). If you do use zondeel for damage, detonate it with razonde or zonde. Talis/Jet Boot's Razonde also work nicely, since it can get a wide range when used from high enough. Gizonde is a little lackluster, probably best done when mob not too spread out and you don't want to set up with zondeel.

Wind
    Boss: Nazan concentratred tech craft up close and personal. Sazan and/or Razan (multi hit recipe) for longer range. (Back in EP1, Zan spam used to pull some heavy dps when aiming upward with TPS and circling the boss. It's now keep in check by having each Zan on a timer before iit stop.)
    Mob: Ilzan if not using zondeel, otherwise Razan (multi hit) iirc deal more than Sazan, but in an mpa, I would avoid Razan since it knock mob upward, out of melee's reach. I mean, FO often already kill mob before melee can reach them, let's not add knocking them out of reach, especially on XH.

Dark
    Boss: Gimegid concentrated recipe actually hit close to Ragrants for damage and cost much less on top of having some decent range (which can be extended further with a talis). Only downfall is that it doesn't track at all if the target move even 1 cm/inch. Namegid is only decent/ok/good when you're not holding aggro on a very mobile boss. And Samegid is considered trash tier, since you need space for all hit to have enough distance to correctly track the boss and actually hit it. Gimegid
    Mob: Mostly zondeel-gimegid in my case, with Megid thrown when not using zondeel. Ilmegid also get a mention for when it come to lower level mob it can one shot. I hasn't touched ramegid in a very long time, since gimegid work well enough for me.

Compound Tech, mostly Fomelgion and Baranstion, are excellent burst attack best done when a boss leave himself wide open long enough. Zanverse in general is good for boss, doubly true in an mpa (but if you isn't boosted by wind masteries, weapon potential or a few skill from other class, you should leave it to someone else if they are using zanverse, since the 1st/older active one in a given spot will overide all the other zanverse present. Also why people don't like BO using Moment Gale on boss, other than being lower dps.) You can combine Zanverse with those two compound tech for more damage (or alternatively megiverse to not die).

Ragrants and Gimegid can/often will be stronger than correct elemental weakness, since they hit that hard when specc'ed into. Same with fire tech with mobbing, since they are faster to charge and hit strong enough to be better dps at time also.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Talis thrown into sky - > razonde is what you should be using for lightning. It's one of the best AOE techs in the game(and aoe skills in the game). Even on things not weak to lightning it's super strong.

he literally said that talis razonde is good. did you read his post lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    Be aware I'm an average FOTE players, so specific boss killing strategie never were my strenght.

So the general idea is:

Light
    Boss: Ragrants, Ragrants and maybe ilgrants if the boss is too mobile.
    Mob: Talis Zondeel into Ragrants. Rod also work, but make sure to apply zondeel when safe (tip: making a short jump to get out of your own zondeel is faster than straight mirage escape. You may mirage escape after the jump if you wish.) Gigrants, even after using the charge time reduction tech craft is still lower dps than zondeel ragrants, but a fine option for stuff it can one shot. Nagrants ... it's more usefull if you combo it with zondeel and watch the mob get stun locked. I know I had fun using it to setup TAJA for Moment Gale as JB BOFI last summer when we had a LQ with 90% darker mobs.

Fire
    Boss: Safoie for up close and personal, eitheir power crafted for damage or -pp for subtainability. Nafoie is ok when using PP convert. Rafoie and Foie for long range.
    Mob: Gifoie for that 360 aoe, heavy damage and zondeel make it better of course (alternatively, safoie work too with zondeel). TPS Foie can make short work of a line of mob if you don't directly aim at them, since Foie stop at the 1st hitbox it's core hit, but won't stop if it only graze it (I like to shot a little over their heads). Rafoie for usual long range sniping with tiny aoe.

Ice
    Boss: It's mostly ilbarta who does the heavy work. If in an mpa with other FO, try to be mindfull and see if they hit harder so they can get the 7th hit more often (I'm guilty of rarely following my own advice). Innocent Form's potential weapon is best done when solo for 1st to 5-6th hit.
    Mob: A mix of Gibarta, rabarta and innocent form nabarta get the work done (innocent form is also nice with sabarta to one shot less bulky mob out of range of your aoe).

Lightning
    Boss: With the introduction of Zonde Type-0 tech craft, I can no longer say if it's better than combining sazonde (can be used with or without innocent form) with zonde spam.
    Mob: Here, zondeel take a nosedive since your lightning tech will detonate it (captain obvious hat on). If you do use zondeel for damage, detonate it with razonde or zonde. Talis/Jet Boot's Razonde also work nicely, since it can get a wide range when used from high enough. Gizonde is a little lackluster, probably best done when mob not too spread out and you don't want to set up with zondeel.

Wind
    Boss: Nazan concentratred tech craft up close and personal. Sazan and/or Razan (multi hit recipe) for longer range. (Back in EP1, Zan spam used to pull some heavy dps when aiming upward with TPS and circling the boss. It's now keep in check by having each Zan on a timer before iit stop.)
    Mob: Ilzan if not using zondeel, otherwise Razan (multi hit) iirc deal more than Sazan, but in an mpa, I would avoid Razan since it knock mob upward, out of melee's reach. I mean, FO often already kill mob before melee can reach them, let's not add knocking them out of reach, especially on XH.

Dark
    Boss: Gimegid concentrated recipe actually hit close to Ragrants for damage and cost much less on top of having some decent range (which can be extended further with a talis). Only downfall is that it doesn't track at all if the target move even 1 cm/inch. Namegid is only decent/ok/good when you're not holding aggro on a very mobile boss. And Samegid is considered trash tier, since you need space for all hit to have enough distance to correctly track the boss and actually hit it. Gimegid
    Mob: Mostly zondeel-gimegid in my case, with Megid thrown when not using zondeel. Ilmegid also get a mention for when it come to lower level mob it can one shot. I hasn't touched ramegid in a very long time, since gimegid work well enough for me.

Compound Tech, mostly Fomelgion and Baranstion, are excellent burst attack best done when a boss leave himself wide open long enough. Zanverse in general is good for boss, doubly true in an mpa (but if you isn't boosted by wind masteries, weapon potential or a few skill from other class, you should leave it to someone else if they are using zanverse, since the 1st/older active one in a given spot will overide all the other zanverse present. Also why people don't like BO using Moment Gale on boss, other than being lower dps.) You can combine Zanverse with those two compound tech for more damage (or alternatively megiverse to not die).

Ragrants and Gimegid can/often will be stronger than correct elemental weakness, since they hit that hard when specc'ed into. Same with fire tech with mobbing, since they are faster to charge and hit strong enough to be better dps at time also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Talis thrown into sky - > razonde is what you should be using for lightning. It's one of the best AOE techs in the game(and aoe skills in the game). Even on things not weak to lightning it's super strong.
    Thank you both very much! I look forward to becoming a good Force and hopefully we'll meet up in a raid someday :]

Nothing wrong with putting emphasis on one particular point when it's simply listed as an option in a wall of text. And a friend's friend use lightning FOFI often enough (with much better gear than my own FO) and his Razonde totally leave mob shocked and death on the ground, but I never took the time to use my lightning tree outside of lilipa.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    he literally said that talis razonde is good. did you read his post lol
    What was the point of this post?

I missed where he said that, sorry. Also explained more how to use the spell anyways to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    What was the point of this post?

I missed where he said that, sorry. Also explained more how to use the spell anyways to help.
    Well im pretty sure it was assumed that your suppose to throw the talis in the first place for it to be more useful but you sorta echo'd it off (with added minor detail) and Milan pointing out that he basically said what you said already in his post and me confusing it as inside joke (cuz lol lighting spells almost useless still) it's just spaghetti everywhere.
    Sega plz give useful Lighting spells and remove or make Wind spells good ;-;

I've been playing FO/TE recently (61/41 respectively). I've been having trouble hitting weakpoints in general with light/fire techs + Talis and I would like to know some tips as how to use optimally attack with them. If anyone is curious of my damage right now, I'm going to compare with Ragrants:

Weapon: Red Talis extend level 6, Level 1 potential, 50 light, +90 T-ATK on a non-light weak mob and no weakpoint.

Without sending out the talis + no JA: 1.1-1.3k
    Without sending out the talis + JA: 1.5-2k
    Sending out talis + no JA: 1.4-1.9k
    Send out talis + JA: 2.1k-2.5k

Weakpoints and elemental weakness with all of that is 9-9.5k per hit.

And I repeat, I'm just too inconsistent with weakpoints and would like some help with them.
    Last edited by Zephiron; Jul 30, 2016 at 06:01 PM.