Page 208 of 254 FirstFirst ... 108158198205206207208209210211218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2539

As per above, I'm gonna say the best way to build Fire FoFi is to build it as a Ice hybrid to solve its bossing problems. However, since you only have a pure Fire tree, the next best thing is probably a Ragrants/Gimegid hybrid (because they are still strong for what they do).

For bossing, your strongest and most reliable tech is Blazing Foie (Nafoie is a tad stronger but much harder to land/sustain reliably). However, to use this, it means you have to give up its Efficient craft, and Fire without any Efficient tech can be very difficult to sustain. Gimegid and Ragrants allow you keep Efficient Foie for mobbing because they provide you with an equally strong tech for single targets. So this allows you to do Nafoie > Gimegid > Nafoie or Nafoie > Ragrants > Nafoie loops. This costs a massive amount of PP though, so Foie, Gifoie and Safoie T0 can be used in place of Nafoie. PPC ring is strongly recommended, you can also pick up Crazy Heart because there isn't much to learn on the Fi sub anyway.

Mobbing is much simpler actually. Zanverse or Nabarta T0 TAJA very easily into Foie or Rafoie for quick snipes. Foie and Rafoie TAJA very well with each other too. On a Talis, Zondeel > Gifoie > xxx > Gifoie is basically natural TAJA. xxx in this case can be any of Rafoie, Ragrants, or Nafoie.

That being said, if you are gonna use Gimegid and Ragrants, you might as well fall back to FoTe altogether.

As for pure Fire, Blazing Foie becomes more or less a must, if you ever intend to be useful at bosses, so you lose Efficient Foie for sustain. If you don't mind losing Safoie T0, you can craft that into Efficient to make up for the lack of sustained DPS. Efficient Safoie is actually very versatile and can fit in any of the above italicized combos in place of Gimegid/Ragrants. Also allows you to do the super efficient Foie > Safoie > Foie loop.

And once again, emphasis on Zanverse/Nabarta T0/Megiverse for starting TAJA chains.
    Last edited by escarlata; Oct 16, 2017 at 08:51 PM.

So I happen to have switched from Fo/Te to Fo/Fi because I've always been curious to play something else than Fo/Te combo. 80/77 so far and am having lot of fun zap zapping everything :v Tho my current goal is to see how I will perform for Gracia... I've seeked some post rebalance vidz of Fo/Fi gameplay but I always get Niconico links and I don't have any account.

1- Doing Gracia as Fo/Fi, not talking to solo just the usual 4/4...is it a sane idea? How should I expect to perform vs Fo/Te?
    2- Is my current tree look ok? I really did it with just guess so I may have overlooked something /shrug http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...000dBIb0000008
    3-Could Form rod have any kind of use ? If so, I'm not sure if form waves are currently s or t atk based? How should I affix it S or T? Both? Also I'm very decieved with the slash dmg. I'm doing like 3/5 k on oodan 60 ele +31 grind
    4-My lightning rod is an Astra while my Ice one is Union, tho I have a Light Qliphad rod...Should I change the ele of it and using it for one my main element? (I tend to prefer lightning to Ice by the way)

Edit: I don't have any additional skill tree.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    So I happen to have switched from Fo/Te to Fo/Fi because I've always been curious to play something else than Fo/Te combo. 80/77 so far and am having lot of fun zap zapping everything :v Tho my current goal is to see how I will perform for Gracia... I've seeked some post rebalance vidz of Fo/Fi gameplay but I always get Niconico links and I don't have any account.

1- Doing Gracia as Fo/Fi, not talking to solo just the usual 4/4...is it a sane idea? How should I expect to perform vs Fo/Te?
    2- Is my current tree look ok? I really did it with just guess so I may have overlooked something /shrug http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...000dBIb0000008
    3-Could Form rod have any kind of use ? If so, I'm not sure if form waves are currently s or t atk based? How should I affix it S or T? Both? Also I'm very decieved with the slash dmg. I'm doing like 3/5 k on oodan 60 ele +31 grind
    4-My lightning rod is an Astra while my Ice one is Union, tho I have a Light Qliphad rod...Should I change the ele of it and using it for one my main element? (I tend to prefer lightning to Ice by the way)

Edit: I don't have any additional skill tree.

Thanks in advance.
    Personally, I run FoFi Chase build because it's really really effective at mobbing, which is something that Fo has always been good at, but now it's even more effective.

Chase Bind only works with striking. Chase Advance only works with Striking. Chase Advance Plus works with all damage. Crazy Heart is too unreliable imo so I wouldn't use it personally.

Also, personally i'd drop rod shoot keep for the last point in Tech Charge Advance 2; but that's just me.

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...000dBIb0000008

My build. I took out some points on Fi tree that I was using for personally preference. (I run full deadline/halfline and play at 25%/50% HP for as long as I can.)

Can swap fire for bolt.

Form Rod has little use, but I use it because on FoFi, the Fi multis kinda help plus its nice for PP regen when wacking tho that was before and now it's kinda overkill. But I like the weapon for meme reasons so that's just me. If you're gonna affix it, I'd affix it for both but idk if the waves scale with Tatk on Form Rod.

I'd personally swap your main weapons to the primary element of your FoFi. Going Dual Element also means having 2 elements worth of talis/rod imo; but that's just me.

Managed to get a hold of a reset pass so I can try out escarlata's pure ice Fo/Fi build. Sorry to be a nuisance but I'm going to have to re-ask my previous question. What tech combinations should I be using for mobbing and bossing to get the most out of TAJA? I would also like to know what recommended crafts I'll be needing as my Ice techs are relatively untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyreth View Post
    Managed to get a hold of a reset pass so I can try out escarlata's pure ice Fo/Fi build. Sorry to be a nuisance but I'm going to have to re-ask my previous question. What tech combinations should I be using for mobbing and bossing to get the most out of TAJA? I would also like to know what recommended crafts I'll be needing as my Ice techs are relatively untouched.
    for bossing, 6 uncharged ilbarta -> zanverse -> 7th ilbarta is probably as good as it gets besides compounds.

That and considering that Gibarata is basically the de factor mobbing PA of Ice tree and Ice cant really mob like Fire and Bolt, it's gonna be the technic you want to use most of the time.

If you wanted/needed to TAJA, then Zondeel > Gibarta is good. Zanverse > Gibarta is something to do with Rod. Gibarta > Barta is an offense only technic combo.

That's all I have off the top of my head. I havnt played Ice tree in ages due to never having the SP for it.

Technically you can use Nabarta 0 as TAJA fodder by tapping it and then immediately going into something else.

Maybe you can keep Nabarta 0 on subpalette for instances where you need to protect yourself and use it as fodder for TAJA-ing.

I've been planning on respeccing into Fire/Ice FoFi for a bit now but I've been focusing on FiBr so I cant help much more.

Zondeel Rabarta TAJA Gibarta and walk out to release

Quote Originally Posted by Zyreth View Post
    Bossing is just Zanverse Ilbarta as mentioned above.

Mobbing-wise Ice techs are actually really straightforward. You basically have a replica of every common tech that Fire Fo use for mobbing.
    Gibarta is your Ragrants; Rabarta your Gifoie; Sabarta your Rafoie; Barta your Foie.

In the past Gibarta was pretty much indisputable the tech to spam but since Rabarta and Barta got a charge time buff this ver, they are equally good if not better in many cases. So just TAJA any 2 of these 3 together and you are pretty much set really. Zondeel into any of these is also a natural TAJA so there's that.

Barta is actually really strong now with its 1.7x buff and charge time of 0.6. The only problem is that it has a hard time hitting airborne targets, and has a pretty narrow range. Ilzan actually works pretty well with it if you want to dig into the other elements.

Sabarta is finally actually viable now with its charge time reduction to the standard 1.0 sec from 1.5. Good for getting snipes on stuff that Barta cant hit reliably. Wide craft lets you hit more targets with it, though the range is still narrow. Ice Fang is strong too but comes with a small charge time demerit.

Personally I still have my old Angely Misty so that opens up possibility for uncharged Sabarta and Ilbarta (1 - 6), but it's entirely optional and I'm just using it because it's there, and I have the space to do so.

I don't play lightning myself, but in case you are interested in that too, Selphea wrote sth about that sometime back somewhere I cant rmbr.
    Last edited by escarlata; Oct 17, 2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    *snip*
    Thank you! So would it be better to drop one element and go for photon flare instead? Also I fear to have only single element mastery may makes gameplay redundant/boring after some time :/

Edit: Welp I tested UQ ambduscia and...I suck xD Seasonals with many mobs are k. Soloing UQ nab is K (even Anga). But UQ Ambduscia I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Not a dps problem , just...strategy or something. Any advice on 'how to' efficiently there?
    Edit: Also Talis tps for Razonde spam sucks with pad >:v
    Last edited by Masu; Oct 18, 2017 at 05:03 PM.

Have you tried Talis Zondeel > Zonde T0 or Rod Zonde T0 spam? Pretty sure that's what most people do.
    Gizonde and Nazonde should be pretty strong too at the moment so you can try that out as well.