Page 245 of 254 FirstFirst ... 145195235242243244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2539

Thanks for the answers. I will keep with fo/te then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Blue Ocean Flash
    I wanted to choose that too but my S1 is already taken (S1:Tech Boost from the Lightstream Rod and since I bled too much in front of Dudu to get 210 T-ATK on this weapon for the 3%+2% damage bonus I can't drop that S1 now) hence the S2 option.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Can someone kindly post some examples of trees and t's usually best on rods as far as S-Abilities goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    I wanted to choose that too but my S1 is already taken (S1:Tech Boost from the Lightstream Rod and since I bled too much in front of Dudu to get 210 T-ATK on this weapon for the 3%+2% damage bonus I can't drop that S1 now) hence the S2 option.
    Theres an S2 version i believe of BOF

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Can someone kindly post some examples of trees and t's usually best on rods as far as S-Abilities goes?
    I have a bossing and mob rod so use boss dmg SSA's and w/e that SSA that gives pp for enemies killed for a mobbing stick (you can mix and match how you want if you need talis).

Depending on trees and your willingness to buy more you can just tri ele FO/TE still
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Feb 21, 2019 at 08:45 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I have some questions.
    1) I switched to brilliant Ragrants when concentrated got nerfed and I was tired of running out of pp every 10 seconds, now that I have virtually limitless pp (spirited Response stacking + fote skills) I wonder if I should get back to concentrated.

2) At the moment I use Quelle Neigea on FoFi and Rod Shoot (with ring) has good damage while my techs also have good damage (FoHu has like 10-15% more rod shoot but 30-40% less tech damage for me) but of course rod shoot being good is tied to Quelle Neigea and soon it might be too weak to bother with, any other way to make rod shoot (with ring) good enough to spam at the moment or would I have to hope for a Quelle Neigea successor or hope Sega adds a similar skill?

3) How do you mob without Re Zandia and without Zondeel?
    Somehow Zondeel keeps failing me cause of my crappy internet connection and constant lag and I don't want to spam Re Zandia every time I see more than 2 mobs. I also am reluctant to constantly spam Re Zandia cause it's gotta be visually annoying for melee classes. I used to main melee and I still have a trauma from Razan spammers (which is different but still kinda similar).

4) how to avoid / mitigate getting interrupted while charging / casting? I am somewhat reluctant to get charge escape + rod keep bonus cause my only real experience with it is from ep 2 or 3 when it was still kind not very reliable (and my builds are usually short of sp) but with short mirage it might be a great way to mitigate issues with getting interrupted during charging / casting? Any other options besides keeping track of and avoiding enemies that might interrupt you?

5) I heard some fos say talis isn't really that great anymore and since I only use lockon I only ever use Talis when I can target easily, the only time I really have a direct advantage with talis is Ilbarta and maybe Rafoie (gonna avoid the latter without fire boost).

6) On which bosses that aren't weak to ice is Ilbarta still good instead of techs of the element they're weak against considering an Ice / Lighting / Light / Wind / Dark tree.

7) Is Namegid still any good and if so, in which situations and what craft should I get?

8.) In general for each element which are the best bossing / mobbing techs (with craft) or what techs from other elements should be used instead in case the element has no strong tech for that purpose?

9) Any reason for normal tech advance?

11) Any point to get Freeze / Poison Ignition?

11)How about this tree?
    https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...o9b8dAIo00000f

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    I have some questions.
    1) I switched to brilliant Ragrants when concentrated got nerfed and I was tired of running out of pp every 10 seconds, now that I have virtually limitless pp (spirited Response stacking + fote skills) I wonder if I should get back to concentrated.
    the speed version of Ragrants? i dont think that was ever nerfed and was always the recommended one to get, the power craft was usually not suggested however when you're bossing with FO you'll use Brilliant Il Grants, the decreased range isnt all that bad but it works wonders with Photon Flares skills. Now Ragrants is still good, it has its uses like on Decol Melluda for example so theres nothing wrong with using it, Il Grants just outpaces it without shredding your PP as fast

2) At the moment I use Quelle Neigea on FoFi and Rod Shoot (with ring) has good damage while my techs also have good damage (FoHu has like 10-15% more rod shoot but 30-40% less tech damage for me) but of course rod shoot being good is tied to Quelle Neigea and soon it might be too weak to bother with, any other way to make rod shoot (with ring) good enough to spam at the moment or would I have to hope for a Quelle Neigea successor or hope Sega adds a similar skill?
    Theres a reason I called it a "meme rod" and you're now finding out, not only did other rods out power it then, stuff out now still out DPS's it so I would suggest a Zara Rod if you farmed XH fields in the past or getting Celestial if you can't get Austere or Ares NT because there isn't another rod thats going to support massive damage for Rod swing shots because FO's damage comes from Techs, not the normal attacks that are usually for quick PP recov for certain situations.

3) How do you mob without Re Zandia and without Zondeel?
    Somehow Zondeel keeps failing me cause of my crappy internet connection and constant lag and I don't want to spam Re Zandia every time I see more than 2 mobs. I also am reluctant to constantly spam Re Zandia cause it's gotta be visually annoying for melee classes. I used to main melee and I still have a trauma from Razan spammers (which is different but still kinda similar).
    Re Zandia is Meta, get Brilliant Ruin (SSA that acts like Killing Bonus) and PP management becomes easier (welling mobbing), alternatively use T0 Gi Grants, its still pretty good.

I understand its you care about how other players feel but its not any different than other range classes coming in and decimating mobs before melee classes get to them and now a days i dont really see anyone complain about it as much as how bad it was in the past.

4) how to avoid / mitigate getting interrupted while charging / casting? I am somewhat reluctant to get charge escape + rod keep bonus cause my only real experience with it is from ep 2 or 3 when it was still kind not very reliable (and my builds are usually short of sp) but with short mirage it might be a great way to mitigate issues with getting interrupted during charging / casting? Any other options besides keeping track of and avoiding enemies that might interrupt you?
    Tech Parry Ring +20 while spamming techs and Massive Hunter Ring. Theres not much else but for to learn tech timings or just spam away and let Tech Parry do its thing but it only blocks one attack and from the front only. Short Mirage is nice and very spamming to stay alive on stuff like Persona's DPS check failed explosion. I myself never found Charge Escape+Rod Keep Bonus useful because of my playstyle but if you feel the need to grab them go for it

5) I heard some fos say talis isn't really that great anymore and since I only use lockon I only ever use Talis when I can target easily, the only time I really have a direct advantage with talis is Ilbarta and maybe Rafoie (gonna avoid the latter without fire boost).
    Talis will always have that 20% damage hold over on Rods (when thrown which is probably why people dont like it) so its still good on bossing and mobbing, nothing wrong with it but it may be a personal play preference, I seem to be using Rods more lately but i still using my Talis when I feel I need to along with Talis Fast Throw

6) On which bosses that aren't weak to ice is Ilbarta still good instead of techs of the element they're weak against considering an Ice / Lighting / Light / Wind / Dark tree.
    Il Grants crafted and Il Barta crafted, Gi Grants, Ra Grants, Grants, some niche moments Na Foie are genuiely the go to on bosses

7) Is Namegid still any good and if so, in which situations and what craft should I get?
    Yes but its very situational and still annoying if you get cut off mid charge, get the power craft of course

8.) In general for each element which are the best bossing / mobbing techs (with craft) or what techs from other elements should be used instead in case the element has no strong tech for that purpose?
    Light genuinely still used on majority of things because of the general power, Fire Techs like Gi Foie, Zan spam, T0 Gi Grants.

9) Any reason for normal tech advance?
    no not anymore, it had a good run back when Elysion wand had a massive multiplier but theres very seldom reasons to invest into this skill unless you're playing around with certain Techs for personal preference.

11) Any point to get Freeze / Poison Ignition?
    wheres 10?

Besides playing a very specific niche build? no, its still utter garbage for the longest time. Think about status effects, how often they proc and how long the mob has left before it even procs then dies right away. Even for bossing its just sorta pointless compared to just using techs

Looks alright, 3 SP max in Rod Shoot imo and maybe allocate 5 SP from Photon Flare into Lighting Tech PP Save if you're planning to use Lighting Techs often but if you're maxing it for Re Zandia i dont think you need the Lighting masteries maxed since majority of the damage comes from the Wind portion
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Thanks a lot.
    And it's a real pity, just as I was about to drop fo again cause I got interrupted too much I got the meme rod and had a huge blast with it. I use Rappy Shine so I can get close to anything and melee fo is a lot of fun.
    Guess I'll have to wait for some new mechanic that makes rod shoot viable again.

As for Gigrants T0, the damage feels really low and it depletes pp almost instantly, feels almost as useless as Nabarta T0 for me.
    Grants Is a non fire version of Rafoie, as in when in doubt use Grants (longer charge time ofc)? When I ran fire fo in ep 3-4 I used to spam rafoie on most fast bosses cause stuff like ragrants and gimegid misses outright and cause they can get close very fast even ilgrants can sometimes come up short.

Ilbarta ironically turns rather useless the moment there is another ilbarta user in the mpa cause with randoms you never know which count the stack is on so I stop using it if I see others do so.

Though, my main issue with Ilbarta is that is I don't know how it compares to using other techs on bosses not weak to ice or the element of the other techs (e.g. a boss weak to wind).
    Also not sure if there are cases where certain techs a boss isn't weak against might outdamage techs the boss is weak against (iirc at some point concentrated ragrants used to have such high dps on some bosses it was better than the element the bosses were weak against).

As for pp, I got a gs with Spirited response s1, Spirited response s2 and radiant grace 2 so on all classes I have pp regen like hero's tmg ja reload.

PS: How are Zonde (best regular craft) / Zonde T0 with lightning maxed compared to the techs you mentioned?

Thanks a lot.
    And it's a real pity, just as I was about to drop fo again cause I got interrupted too much I got the meme rod and had a huge blast with it. I use Rappy Shine so I can get close to anything and melee fo is a lot of fun.
    Guess I'll have to wait for some new mechanic that makes rod shoot viable again.
    they would have to add an SSA or something to at least make it a niche thing for FO but that would mean giving up 2-4% overall dmg but weapons with SSA support kinda have a big footing on anything that doesnt

As for Gigrants T0, the damage feels really low and it depletes pp almost instantly, feels almost as useless as Nabarta T0 for me.
    Grants Is a non fire version of Rafoie, as in when in doubt use Grants (longer charge time ofc)? When I ran fire fo in ep 3-4 I used to spam rafoie on most fast bosses cause stuff like ragrants and gimegid misses outright and cause they can get close very fast even ilgrants can sometimes come up short.
    Ya Gi Grants or Re Zandia both eat a lot of people which is like i said i recommend grabbing those SSA's, it helps immensely on PP control while mobbing. Craft Grants for power, its really good and even better (like most techs) with Photon Flare SC. Ragrants and Gi Megid can be iffy, wonderful when bosses are stunned but a pain when theyre going all over the play. Its a matter of placement with Techs, Il Grants crafted having a reduced Range/Speed it can come up short sometimes but still a very very good bossing tech

Ilbarta ironically turns rather useless the moment there is another ilbarta user in the mpa cause with randoms you never know which count the stack is on so I stop using it if I see others do so.
    Yes and no but i understand this view completely, I get like that sometimes but I think the more people getting that explosion off the better, I think the craft is up for preference now a days but I still find myself using Ice Fang over Concentrate for it. I sometimes jump back and forth about it

Though, my main issue with Ilbarta is that is I don't know how it compares to using other techs on bosses not weak to ice or the element of the other techs (e.g. a boss weak to wind).
    Also not sure if there are cases where certain techs a boss isn't weak against might outdamage techs the boss is weak against (iirc at some point concentrated ragrants used to have such high dps on some bosses it was better than the element the bosses were weak against).
    Il Grants and Il Barta are essentially bossing techs whether the boss is weak to the element or not, like if a boss is weak to wind and with one tech being decent at bossing (granted the boss doesnt move and the DoT placement keeps hitting) you're almost always better off with Il Barta or Il Grants. I dont remember the Wind Tech, I think its a T0 one tho but its not a bad tech but I never bother with it anymore.

As for pp, I got a gs with Spirited response s1, Spirited response s2 and radiant grace 2 so on all classes I have pp regen like hero's tmg ja reload.
    as odd as this sounds, I recommend Queen Vierra still, since GS got an increase pp recov on normals and the pot being 80% on hits, its super nice to have still, I still have orbit for down time and occasionally Popple with PP recov personality and PP recov parfaits but I swapped back to GS so i dont use popple much anymore.

PS: How are Zonde (best regular craft) / Zonde T0 with lightning maxed compared to the techs you mentioned?
    very good, T0 Zonde is a great DPS tech my only beef still is it making you stay in one place and general flooring making some hits not count on to w/e you're hitting (like on a hill for example) but it can shred very nicely. I can't say about the normal version because I havent used it since the T0 came out
    PSO2 NGS

Thanks again.
    reduced speed/ range Ilgrants?
    I have trouble hitting with all stars even using regular Ilgrants so I crafted for projectile speed and I hit far more often with that.
    Guess I'll try Zonde T0 a bit for the fun but I don't like not being able to dodge on fo so I'll get a regular craft soon.

Viera and that gs are about the same speed on single targets and viera is only really faster on close groups but it's a lot more convenient to not need something to attack, especially cause with a strong mpa I kept finding myself missing cause my targets died before I could refill a decent amount of pp and often you need to refill while moving towards targets with nothing in range to shoot. I never regretted retiring my Viera

The Ilbarta issue is that with randoms 4th and 7th hits often are uncharged cause each Ilbarta user thinks it's a different count.

PS: Generally trying to get austere nt rod (all austere nt for Phantom weps and also bow) but if that takes too long I'll settle for Celestial I guess.
    Don't wanna use Atra Ex rod cause of the new element conversion mechanics...though HP leech might be fun to use.

Thanks again.
    reduced speed/ range Ilgrants?
    I have trouble hitting with all stars even using regular Ilgrants so I crafted for projectile speed and I hit far more often with that.
    Guess I'll try Zonde T0 a bit for the fun but I don't like not being able to dodge on fo so I'll get a regular craft soon.

Viera and that gs are about the same speed on single targets and viera is only really faster on close groups but it's a lot more convenient to not need something to attack, especially cause with a strong mpa I kept finding myself missing cause my targets died before I could refill a decent amount of pp and often you need to refill while moving towards targets with nothing in range to shoot. I never regretted retiring my Viera

The Ilbarta issue is that with randoms 4th and 7th hits often are uncharged cause each Ilbarta user thinks it's a different count.

PS: Generally trying to get austere nt rod (all austere nt for Phantom weps and also bow) but if that takes too long I'll settle for Celestial I guess.
    Don't wanna use Atra Ex rod cause of the new element conversion mechanics...though HP leech might be fun to use.
    reduced Speed Ilgrants ironically makes it easier to hit because the projectiles are so slow they will converge on target very reliably. the only weakness of this craft is that they are so slow they will generally miss on very mobile targets, or if you are too far, so use it at ranges where you'd use ragrants, and go for Grants if what you're fighting doesn't want to stand still

as for Ilbarta, the simple answer is charge all of them. Usually you only use uncharged to reach that 7th hit faster but if another FO uses Ilbarta you're already achieving that through them also using Ilbarta. That and the loss of damage on an uncharged 7th is far too big compared to the little extra time spent charging a few more Ilbartas.