Page 249 of 254 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    oy anybody mess with that L/Talis Long Time ring yet? going from 3 seconds to 10 seconds per talis sounds like it might help it out as long as you can keep it positioned well for ~10 tech casts

I havent tried it yet though; I dont really have a decent talis at the moment heh
    Tried it out with FoTe, the extra talis time is pretty good since it can let you hit safely while taking advantage of the extra pp regen from just standing in 1 place.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    oy anybody mess with that L/Talis Long Time ring yet? going from 3 seconds to 10 seconds per talis sounds like it might help it out as long as you can keep it positioned well for ~10 tech casts
    It's really nice, the duration is so long that in pretty much any situation you won't need to recast it to hit a particular spot, and even just for spamming long range for the talis bonus you rarely need to recast.

The Genon Talis is the real game changer though; it effectively gives you unlimited pp, so you are not locked into fo/te when using it. I'm currently experimenting with fo/fi for the massive damage bonus, and fo/et looks interesting as well. Playing as fo/fi with this talis will drastically change the way you look at tech use and how you would spec your fo tree as compared to fo/te.
    Forever after the immortal beloved...

I gotta play around with FoFi again,

The talis is super good and whenever it finds itself use on FoPh, it's absolute insanity.

I plan on playing around with FoSu and FoGu with genon so hopefully I can find something.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah the main issue it had before was like, the 3-second cap you could barely do anything with before having to toss another talis out, which I guess just barely held it back enough that talis tech bonus couldn't compensate for. from what I was hearing before anyway. was hoping to hear having a 10 second cap would change that; I'll probably look into getting a better talis soon then.

I'm considering using the anacates rod and genon talis to get around the pp problems Fo can have with non-te subclasses. After messing around with the Anacates DS and seeing how the pot works, It seems like anything that forces you to put your weapon away will trigger it, so it's likely that compound and simple compound techs will, which makes raw dpsing a lot more sustainable.

I'm glad the talis ring seems useful, since I started messing with Talis a bit again. My only concern is getting caught with my talis away from me when I need to heal or something, but I mainly use it for mobbing, so it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I'm considering using the anacates rod and genon talis to get around the pp problems Fo can have with non-te subclasses. After messing around with the Anacates DS and seeing how the pot works, It seems like anything that forces you to put your weapon away will trigger it, so it's likely that compound and simple compound techs will, which makes raw dpsing a lot more sustainable.

I'm glad the talis ring seems useful, since I started messing with Talis a bit again. My only concern is getting caught with my talis away from me when I need to heal or something, but I mainly use it for mobbing, so it should be fine.
    Anacates indeed works with any weapon sheathing so getting launched, using an item or a compound (both simple and actual compounds work) as well as performing LAs or using a shortcut camo switch all trigger it !

I'm torn between the anacates rod and the genon talis. Genon with cursed radiance seems like better pp recovery, even if I'm not using it as my main weapon because you can spam tap nabarta-0 with it to get pp back faster than pretty much anything I've ever seen, but on the other hand Anacates seems more manageable mid fight. I wish I just had enough crests for both.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jan 20, 2020 at 11:43 PM.

Can someone give me a rundown of what problems fire techs have besides the poor pp efficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Can someone give me a rundown of what problems fire techs have besides the poor pp efficiency?
    -no bossing tech (i mean really, Na Foie? on something that basically needs to be stationary)
    -il Foie is still sorta annoying in terms of setting up, have to prep it to work properly (scripted spawns for example), can sorta take forever to hit something and misses whenever it moves out of the AoE (added splash damage after impact would definitely help this). Overall meh
    -sort of relied on as mobbing only techs but are kinda ass to use if you dont have Fire Masteries
    -Foie is Foie, learn to skim the mobs and its more useful otherwise its been the same since past games
    -Na Foie's floor AoE is still ass in terms of damage, could last longer and do more damage but its a useless DoT. Reduce the PP more
    -Sa Foie isn't really bad but its become a fast traveling Tech, maybe if it had it's damaged increase it can be more relied on for a DPS Tech again
    -Gi Foie is alright, I don't know what to say about it I mean it stacks its hits like its done in past games.

I mean at least Fire Techs have way more use than Lighting Techs in this game which is still a dam shame about Lighting Techs barely being useful outside the usual couple
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Foie: is decent. Requires tps to make the best use of it. Honestly, if you want a straight line Tech Ilzan does it better, bigger, and it pulls. You don't need to tps for ilzan either. However, increasing the damage is all foie really needs to stand out over ilzan.

GiFoie: Why use this when Gigrants exists. It's slow, small, and the damage is worse than Foie.

RaFoie: Possibly the best fire tech right now. It's just kind of weak when you compare it to something similar like gimegid and grants. Is a good status effect tech however.

SaFoie: uncrafted is literal garbage. It has never been updated since type-0 existed. Type-0 is the better pp cost efficiency per traveled distance tech compared to ilzonde

NaFoie: it's actually pretty good now. The only thing it needs is to have the projectile speed increased. The ground DoT needs to either be bigger or last longer though.

IlFoie: the crafts are kinda shit. The power is good if they want to keep it as a dps tech, but I feel like they should increase power but also increase the charge time. It also takes a little too long to fall for nowadays content.
    Last edited by Reilet; Jan 29, 2020 at 02:38 AM.