Page 4 of 254 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

how many ppl go fo/br? i can't into it 'cuz of shit pp regen

Quote Originally Posted by STNFCST View Post
    Those are common.

But the unusually behavoir lies that they ignore zondeel when I am spawnpoint and when I play at tower one of the player moving on at spawn. Repeat those players doing same next TD run.
    Similar to what Z-0 said, those sound like points hogger to me. It's not about completing TD fast and effectively, oh no, it's about personal score for them.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post
    how many ppl go fo/br? i can't into it 'cuz of shit pp regen
    That isn't really suited for solo play, it's more useful for Eqs, such as TD, where you can stay in the back and deal max damage, you also want to equip a gunslash such as クイーンヴィエラ that enable you to recover PP quickly.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Fo/Br is a pretty potent class, but I feel like there needs to be some stuff set up in order for them to shine.

1. You're right in that PP is a problem, which is why a Gunslash with PP recovery is highly recommended. If it's against smaller mobs, you could get away with Zondeel -> step attack with DS/katana.
    2. In a situation like TD, if someone is Zondeeling for the Fo/Br, they can literally 1-shot the Golrahdas in SH with a well-placed Ilfoie (probably 2 or 3 in XH).
    3. Your PB of choice will most likely be Ketos Proi, but I've seen some skilled Fo/Br get away with Julius Nifta.
    4. They have access to Banishing Arrow, which you can do some pretty neat stuff with.

EDIT:
    Overall, I feel like Fo/Br has a higher skill cap because there's much more emphasis on you utilizing your techs to their full extent. It's not so much an issue for Fo/Te because of their insane PP regen capabilities, but if you so happened to mess up with a Fo/Br, that's just some downtime for you -> loss of DPS.
    Last edited by ReverseSeraf; Dec 16, 2014 at 02:46 PM.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

I max leveled my BR from scratch for the sole purpose of doing TD1 and TD2, and I have never regretted the extra time spent. The downtime between waves helps as you can regenerate PP with Splendid Recovery potential on something like Seras Cure during it. (Waves in TD3 take too long, so PP management becomes too much of a hassle.) My build has roughly 240 PP, so with Zondeel assist, a mob goes down before I come close to running out of PP. I'm also very glad I picked up the Queen Vieira gunslash to replace the Call Cipher, since the extra bit of PP regen helps when you need it. Also, having a Mag with PP Restore J is useful, since you also have the option of not feeding your Mag at all until you need that short burst of PP regen.
    Now, if only they would introduce 12* crafting, then I would care for Edel Arrow for PP regen purposes.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Dec 16, 2014 at 07:39 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

I play FO/BR and have been FO/BR for a very long time. As stated earlier, you can get over the pp problems by carrying a gunslash, but also crafting techs for -pp has greatly improved my gameplay. With the release of the Rikauteri, banish arrow shenanigans are in full effect and I'm not complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    FoBr does more against non-matching element, but only non-matching element weakpoint. FoTe gets the crown otherwise.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    Similar to what Z-0 said, those sound like points hogger to me. It's not about completing TD fast and effectively, oh no, it's about personal score for them.
    This has always been a pet peeve of mine. I'd understand if the placings actually did something, but as it stands it's just annoying (easy for me to say perhaps, I play a fire/light FO/TE so I end up in the top 3 a fair bit- the better the chance the less other FO's there are! =P).

Someone had a go at me once for not being at the towers to fight, being up the front instead. Maybe if they'd bothered to learn to spawnkill I could have gotten a third run in.

Oh well

So I keep hearing that Fo/Br is another way to go than just Fo/Te, but what about Fo/Fi? I can't find any current videos of their gameplay. Of course they have pp problems like Fo/Br, but is the main reason that Fo/Br is used over Fo/Fi because bows against bosses (e.g. banishing arrow + il barta)? Though Fo/Fi would require more strategy and work than mindlessly spamming the same tech over and over again. For example, switching between front and wise stance along with incorporating tech arts JA bonus.

I can see an ice Fo/Fi doing well in UQ switching between ra/gibarta with freeze keep keeping the mobs frozen and chase advance plus dishing out more damage.

As a side note, zondeel+wise stance seems cool with the mobs facing inwards .

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    FoBr does more against non-matching element, but only non-matching element weakpoint. FoTe gets the crown otherwise.

Don't forget this combo too XD
    http://nicotter.net/watch/sm24964662

IF you wanna see more, check my channel...FO/GU is fun to play and dont have alot of problem with pp and got a survival skill too
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by taizero00; Dec 18, 2014 at 06:08 AM.