Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questions galore! Kind of, maybe, or a few at least

Hey all, Tsuteto here. Registered since I've been doing research for the GC version of one thing, which lead to others, which leads me to here.

Long story short, my friends and I have been playing a lot, to the point where we're in VH at the moment for both episodes. Looking to "improve" the experience, which is basically a thing of making our lives earlier. Do know I'm not anticipating to go beyond what would be legal reasons, just again, making it easier. If all that could be answered is yes or no with no further explanation due to legal reasons, so be it. If you don't want to answer something but can others, feel free to skip such

1) Most important thing that started my research: is there a way to transfer specific characters through use of a program on computer so that all characters are on one memory card save file (we currently have it 50/50 on two cards).
    1b) If it's overly complicated, would someone be willing to do so if I provided said save files.

2) Loading times and lag slow downs are a pain. Has anyone tried it via an HD Loader through Wii home brew? (Again, not aiming to be illegal. I have a copy of PSO+ and two others have the standard version).

3) Are there any good game changes that could be added in or have been done before? I read about wide screen support having been done, but wasn't sure if there was anything else (minorly improved graphic patches, better camera angles [looking at you Forest boss fight in 4-player], etc).

Anything else I could impart from you wise ones would be wonderful! We randomly did this and now make it a point to go out of town to play together over the weekend. We also plan on streaming our follies when we go into Ultimate mode, so that'll be entertaining at the least

Many thanks in advance! I'll stress once more, we are aiming to be as legal as possibles in things. We're just looking at improving things at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuteto View Post
    1) Most important thing that started my research: is there a way to transfer specific characters through use of a program on computer so that all characters are on one memory card save file (we currently have it 50/50 on two cards).
    1b) If it's overly complicated, would someone be willing to do so if I provided said save files.
    I don't think there is a way unless there's a program that actually decompiles and recompiles save data like that. You could always use an AR and hack your way to what you want I suppose

2) Loading times and lag slow downs are a pain. Has anyone tried it via an HD Loader through Wii home brew? (Again, not aiming to be illegal. I have a copy of PSO+ and two others have the standard version).
    I would think it would probably help with the load times but the lag and slow down is doubtful seeing as that's just the gamecube being pushed to the limit (or the game being poorly coded lol). I've never tried though.

3) Are there any good game changes that could be added in or have been done before? I read about wide screen support having been done, but wasn't sure if there was anything else (minorly improved graphic patches, better camera angles [looking at you Forest boss fight in 4-player], etc).
    Can't answer that as I've never really used the homebrew channel or visual hacks on PSOGC like that before. I think there are apps out there to recompile and decompile the textures if you wanted to change that in the .iso much like PSOBB. But beyond that I can't help.

1. Short answer: no. The reason: the save files (including the character file) are tied to the format ID of your Memory card which is unique to that specific card. In fact if you were to reformat the card, you would end up with a different ID.

2. The load times and lag will always be there as it is inherent in the way the Wii handles GC emulation. The same load times and lag also appear on pc emulators running a file of the game as opposed to reading from an optical disc (or GOD as it was commonly known which stands for Gamecube Optical Disc.)

3. Not sure about the Wii version, but the common pc emulator does allow for things like improved graphics (higher resolution, wide screen support, etc.) To make any serious changes to the game you would need to edit the game files.

Hope that helps!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

1. Your best bet is to recreate the characters in question on the same card and hack them to their original stats, or have someone do it for you online.

2. ? I can't offer any advice on that, though the other answers posted seem top notch. I've never used anything but a Gamecube with the exception of Dolphin for quick testing.

3. Work in progress... maybe? xD I myself haven't worked on it in a while, but this is the last that Aurelli and I worked on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNvK...Sn19pro2crwkKw

This was us messing with the particle effects of PSOGC. It's also being ran on my gamecube via an SD Media launcher.
    Last edited by Kroniedon; Dec 24, 2014 at 02:27 AM.

So, to sum up things thus far:

1) Hacking and transferring equipment over is the best bet then at the moment. Would this either a) screw things up in the long run or b) mess up standard stat leveling stuff? Could someone basically make a character the same as current ones (Materials used included)?

2) Basically: Convenience factor on being on a USB, but nothing beyond that. Got it.

3) It's possible, but requires actual texture editing, which requires research (since I'm assuming people can't openly link to such programs or actual projects aside from mere discussion, but if it's possible, I would love to hear about it).

I think that'll basically cover it after this post then :/
    Last edited by Tsuteto; Dec 25, 2014 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Smiley face used previously was a lot more mean looking

Particle editing is different from changing texture images, it's a file that has information on what images are loaded and how they behave on screen.
    You can change the images loaded and how they react to things such as gravity, giving you a completely new experience.

So, to sum up things thus far:

1) Hacking and transferring equipment over is the best bet then at the moment. Would this either a) screw things up in the long run or b) mess up standard stat leveling stuff? Could someone basically make a character the same as current ones (Materials used included)?/
    Shouldn't screw anything up at all. You can pretty much instantly get your character to whatever level you want but it will not have the stats from mats. You would still need to feed your char mats to get back to where you were. You mentioned your friends have the standard version of PSO so you could just dupe a bunch of mats to make the process go quicker.

Excuse for the interruption! How in the world can you "instantly get your character to whatever level you want but it will not have the stats from mats"? You mean with AR? Can you bring your character to a specific level (for example mine is 164)? All codes that I find on the Internet is for Level 200 only (duh). Because I'm interested in duping my character and using mats from the beggining because back then when I was "raising" my main character I knew nothing about mats diets :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dark B. View Post
    Excuse for the interruption! How in the world can you "instantly get your character to whatever level you want but it will not have the stats from mats"? You mean with AR? Can you bring your character to a specific level (for example mine is 164)? All codes that I find on the Internet is for Level 200 only (duh). Because I'm interested in duping my character and using mats from the beggining because back then when I was "raising" my main character I knew nothing about mats diets :P
    There are two ways I know of to get your char to s specific level. One is to run a private server and there is a command that will level you up to whatever level you want. The other is indeed an AR code that allows you to modify your total EXP, so that when you warp to an area (Forest 1 for example) that exp is instantly applied and your char levels up instantly. So for a level 164 char, you would modify the exp to be at least 24679868, then warp to an area and voilą. Like I mentioned earlier though, any stats gained through mats will not be applied obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by VioletSkye View Post
    There are two ways I know of to get your char to s specific level. One is to run a private server and there is a command that will level you up to whatever level you want. The other is indeed an AR code that allows you to modify your total EXP, so that when you warp to an area (Forest 1 for example) that exp is instantly applied and your char levels up instantly. So for a level 164 char, you would modify the exp to be at least 24679868, then warp to an area and voilą. Like I mentioned earlier though, any stats gained through mats will not be applied obviously.

Any chance to know where to get that code? (if yes, PM of course )