Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 35758283848586878895 ... LastLast

what about moving snipe? i think it applies to rodeo drive craft, but not much else, still seems kinda lame

I would get First Hit myself, but mostly because I solo, Killing Bonus may even be better if you're using Rodeo Drive. Any of those three are solid enough in their own rights. Weak Hit PB Blast is unnecessary too, if you wanted to keep dive roll advance at 3.

thought behind pb blast was to charge fish faster to have for mom cubes and pd persona type of things, but yeah if using orbit/nifta setup for pb its useless
    like doesn't fish charge faster then the rest or something like that? iirc

It recharges ridiculously fast as is, yeah. I thought boss fights charge on how often you get hit, and disregards the damage you do? If that's the case, that skill would be useless there, will need others to confirm how PB gauge increases in raid bosses.

ah even better, then yeah no pb skill necessary, better used in rolling and traps like you said

thanks a lot, that was informative!

p.s: its too bad that there is aaaaalmost enough points for shoot-up2, but as of now would be too much of a squeeze
    Last edited by mr.chills; May 18, 2017 at 12:26 AM.

Some questions about the niche Jellen Shot.

1.) Is it AoE
    2.)Is that AoE effected by launcher A-mode?
    3.)Will it reduce the damage certain bosses such as ESC-A Ragne do to towers during its attacks
    Spoiler!

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Need a bit of advice on what to nab next for my ranger. Currently level 65, got a few skillpoints unspent, and this is my current setup (if it shows the Hunter tree, ignore it - I was playing around with it and didn't change that to make it accurate):

https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...0000jdB0000006

Things I'm debating:

-PP Save Bullet? Though looking at the reduction amounts, it might not be a good investment - I primarily use Sneak Shot and Flame Bullet, and both of those are fairly cheap cost-wise. Have Satellite Cannon and End Attract as well, but they seem somewhat situational - SC for big guys when I can afford to take a few hits and charge it, and EA when there's a group gathered up together and some distance between me and them.

-Killing Bonus. Using a rifle, I tend to stay away from enemies if I can help it, but launchers, I get right into their faces. No lie, I run into a crowd and use Flame Bullet and burn them all to death. Could come in handy for those times, especially if I have WBs loaded into my rifle and I'm using my launcher specifically to rebuild PP for more Rifle PAs.

-Shooting Up 1 / 2. More R-ATK seems like a good thing.

-Gravity Bomb. Only thing that makes me hesitant on this is my current subpalette is pretty full between healing items, my mag PB, and stuff like WB and Fury Stance. Same applies for all my various tool skills, though I guess I could just remove Fury Stance and leave it on another subpalette as I only ever turn it on at the start of a mission.

If my math is right, I should have 24 points left total. That's enough to max out two 10-rank skills and leave 4 points for whatever else is needed (unlocking a 10-rank skill like Shooting Up 2 over 1.)

Thoughts / ideas / comments?
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Need a bit of advice on what to nab next for my ranger. Currently level 65, got a few skillpoints unspent, and this is my current setup (if it shows the Hunter tree, ignore it - I was playing around with it and didn't change that to make it accurate):

https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...0000jdB0000006

Things I'm debating:

-PP Save Bullet? Though looking at the reduction amounts, it might not be a good investment - I primarily use Sneak Shot and Flame Bullet, and both of those are fairly cheap cost-wise. Have Satellite Cannon and End Attract as well, but they seem somewhat situational - SC for big guys when I can afford to take a few hits and charge it, and EA when there's a group gathered up together and some distance between me and them.

-Killing Bonus. Using a rifle, I tend to stay away from enemies if I can help it, but launchers, I get right into their faces. No lie, I run into a crowd and use Flame Bullet and burn them all to death. Could come in handy for those times, especially if I have WBs loaded into my rifle and I'm using my launcher specifically to rebuild PP for more Rifle PAs.

-Shooting Up 1 / 2. More R-ATK seems like a good thing.

-Gravity Bomb. Only thing that makes me hesitant on this is my current subpalette is pretty full between healing items, my mag PB, and stuff like WB and Fury Stance. Same applies for all my various tool skills, though I guess I could just remove Fury Stance and leave it on another subpalette as I only ever turn it on at the start of a mission.

If my math is right, I should have 24 points left total. That's enough to max out two 10-rank skills and leave 4 points for whatever else is needed (unlocking a 10-rank skill like Shooting Up 2 over 1.)

Thoughts / ideas / comments?
    Gravity Bomb + Tactics Trap = Free PP recovery on demand for only a 15 second downtime between uses. Also good for lining mobs up for a Sphere Eraser if you like Launcher. You shouldn't need to put Mates on your Subpalette once you buy Automate Halfline.
    Last edited by Altiea; May 19, 2017 at 12:51 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Eh, I've noticed that right now some enemies hit me so hard that even after a monomate gets used, I'm still below half (or just over half and at risk of dying with a single hit.) So, I heal up using a monomate and keep going. When those run out, dimates and trimates.

Is Sphere Eraser that good? It doesn't look that strong, and typically use Flame Bullet or Cosmic Break on my Launcher.

Other than that, if I'm looking at making the most of my remaining points, I should probably nab Grav Bomb (1 point), max out Tactics Trap (1 to unlock + 10 points to max,) and spend the rest on... Shooting Up 2?

Edit: That means I'll be able to take Shooting Up 2 to Rank 9, I think (24 - 12 = 12, 3 points to unlock SU2 takes me to 9.)
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Eh, I've noticed that right now some enemies hit me so hard that even after a monomate gets used, I'm still below half (or just over half and at risk of dying with a single hit.) So, I heal up using a monomate and keep going. When those run out, dimates and trimates.

Is Sphere Eraser that good? It doesn't look that strong, and typically use Flame Bullet or Cosmic Break on my Launcher.

Other than that, if I'm looking at making the most of my remaining points, I should probably nab Grav Bomb (1 point), max out Tactics Trap (1 to unlock + 10 points to max,) and spend the rest on... Shooting Up 2?

Edit: That means I'll be able to take Shooting Up 2 to Rank 9, I think (24 - 12 = 12, 3 points to unlock SU2 takes me to 9.)
    You shouldn't buy Monomates when you have Automate Halfline; they don't heal enough and will probably kill you slightly slower than not having Automate at all. Take Dimates and Trimates only, since they at least restore half your health.

Sphere Eraser is normally underpowered, but if you take L/L Non Weak Bonus it becomes a viable mobbing option if your targets are clustered or in a line.

Tactics Trap isn't 10SP, though? It should only be 5.
    Last edited by Altiea; May 19, 2017 at 02:43 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]