Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34748182838485868794 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PriestBelmondo View Post
    What's better for Ranger the effort ring or Keeper range ring? Seems like the effort is better
    That's just my opinion, but honeslty, damage rings aren't that good for RA ; Effort's 1% doesn't do that much in the grand scheme of things

Perfect Keeper can be sustained if you avoid the bigger hits and carry only Dimates and above, but the HP requirement can be annoying whenever you fudge up

You should consider looking at utility R rings : PP convert is always a safe value, quick mate and J-reversal rings are also very useful and they can all do more for your DPS than the aforementioned rings in quite a few situations. Then again it's just my take on things

Is Austelum armor better then Saiki for Rangers? Been told to get the rear and arm unit but not the leg and that i should get a ray or astra leg unit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestBelmondo View Post
    Is Austelum armor better then Saiki for Rangers? Been told to get the rear and arm unit but not the leg and that i should get a ray or astra leg unit for that.
    Depends more on you than anything : Austere gives a lot more HP than Saiki and slightly superior stats, but falls behind in terms of PP by quite a margin. Not to mention Austere is completely untradable so whatever godlike affix you put on it will be wasted if you decide to change this set for another one

Austere is still the strongest 2 units set around (rear + arm) when it comes to being well-rounded (gives a good amount of every stat), and coupled with a good *12 leg, gives a strong and balanced set while letting you use an additional left ring (RA only really needs non weak bonus ring, but you can always put a general ring like jump dodge or air reversal on unit, or even wait for the point weak bullet ring coming out in 2 days).

Weigh the pros and the cons by yourself and choose accordingly !

bump....

looks awesome for lvl 1.

http://imgur.com/kaPiAxl

and my rip DPS on deus

http://imgur.com/NC7KvDP
    Last edited by morkie; May 3, 2017 at 10:47 AM.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

So, been using this as a guide for my ranger, and I'll be looking at unlocking my subclass at some point in the future here (I've been lax about that, level 50 Ranger but only level 14 or so Hunter.) Question on what Hunter skills to pick up to best supplement the Ranger class:

-I take it I should focus on the Rage Stance or whatever it is that boosts damage dealt and received? Seems to be what lots of people recommend.

-Outside of that, I also assume I should take anything boosting JA damage, both in-stance and out-of-stance?

-Which would be better for a Ranger - Iron Will, or Automate Halfline?

-Anything that isn't immediately obvious that I should grab from the Hunter tree to supplement my Ranger?
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    So, been using this as a guide for my ranger, and I'll be looking at unlocking my subclass at some point in the future here (I've been lax about that, level 50 Ranger but only level 14 or so Hunter.) Question on what Hunter skills to pick up to best supplement the Ranger class:

-I take it I should focus on the Rage Stance or whatever it is that boosts damage dealt and received? Seems to be what lots of people recommend.
    Eventually, Flash Guard will completely negate the Fury Stance penalty and in fact make you even tankier than any other subclass option so yes.

-Outside of that, I also assume I should take anything boosting JA damage, both in-stance and out-of-stance?
    Yes

-Which would be better for a Ranger - Iron Will, or Automate Halfline?
    Automate, so you can turn on Massive Hunter and spam Satellite Cannon/End Attract without worrying about getting interrupted or dying.

Anything that isn't immediately obvious that I should grab from the Hunter tree to supplement my Ranger?
    Not really, very straightforward subclass. Fury, JA, Massive Automate, rest into Flash Guard. If that's your only subclass tree, get a good Gunslash and level as Hu/Ra

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    If that's your only subclass tree, get a good Gunslash and level as Hu/Ra
    I might nab another skill tree if they're not terribly expensive, but I have another character I plan on leveling as a Hunter and figured I could just use some of their better weapons as hand-me-downs. Would that work, or should I stick with the Gunslash?

Also, thanks for the tips and info.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

That works, but you'd need some one-pointers like Sword or Wired Lance or Partisan Gear and 1 point in Hunter Gear save, also some SATK gear.

what does a current 94/94 ra/hu tree look like? something like this?:
    https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...0000jdB0000006

If you don't like First Hit and really want maxed Power Bullet, that should be fine, but I would say take Upper Trap for the 1 point. 2 points in dive roll is still really good.