Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178 ... LastLast

Feel free to put 2 or 3 points into dive roll advance

I ran PD as Ranger for the first time recently, and I found it rather easy to stay away from action and just spam Sneak Shooter and End Attraction, only ocassional dive rolls are necessary.

However, PD's double/triple swing attack felt impossible to dodge with dive roll. If I dodge first hit, second hit will hit me during a recovery animation; if second hit doesn't kill me, third hit will. There has to be some trick against that, like throwing Fake Silouhete at the right time or something? I wouldn't want to switch to Hunter weapon and lose WB just to block that.

A Rahu should only need to dodge one afaik. Damage on slashes isn't too big @400-ish each, Automate should cover 2 slashes.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    I ran PD as Ranger for the first time recently, and I found it rather easy to stay away from action and just spam Sneak Shooter and End Attraction, only ocassional dive rolls are necessary.

However, PD's double/triple swing attack felt impossible to dodge with dive roll. If I dodge first hit, second hit will hit me during a recovery animation; if second hit doesn't kill me, third hit will. There has to be some trick against that, like throwing Fake Silouhete at the right time or something? I wouldn't want to switch to Hunter weapon and lose WB just to block that.
    I do not know how you do it. While I have seen it enough to dodge most of the attacks, PD very rarely throws out a claw sweep not in my direction when I am on Ranger. To completely dodge the triple swipe, you may need to get a bit creative. A preemptive Rodeo Drive (or whatever that stupid move is called) to the other side of the stage will usually do it for me, but you can probably triple roll towards the attack with LA cancel -> HE or 2 HE.

I just recently got back into my Ra/Hu when I got my Ray Rifle, so I am rusty as hell.

While I am re-acclimatizing, can someone clarify which is better: One Point or Sneak Shooter? If they both have their uses, when should I use either?

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post

https://youtu.be/1tyxqdkAuDw

Quote Originally Posted by NephyrisX View Post
    I just recently got back into my Ra/Hu when I got my Ray Rifle, so I am rusty as hell.

While I am re-acclimatizing, can someone clarify which is better: One Point or Sneak Shooter? If they both have their uses, when should I use either?
    Both need a lockon.

One point when you or mobs are moving around, sneak shooter for period stationary. Fang/Snow for example, especially male ones, they tend to be aggressive. One point damage them until they prepare to roar, and when they do, spam sneak shooter.

That is, if you do not wish to solved everything with OP or SC or EA though. Most tend to do that, and either pulled it off or get rekted trying.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    Guess I didn't analyze the situation well enough... I'll try it next time, thanks.

I wish this class didn't have standing snipe or sharpshooter

I wish this class did not have assault rifles or launchers.