Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

anyone got a techer skill tree for ra/te?

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008

Wind mastery 1&2, EWH, Territory, Territory Save, PPC, PPR are your core RaTe tools. Then it's up to you, you can max shifta, get the 2 PP up or the T-atk (which I wouldn't recommend, you aren't going the T-atk route as a RaTe).

You want to spam your PA, you want a good PP regen and a strong zanverse for the extra damage: the skills I mentioned will cover that.

Shifta Advance increases your damage by a very negligible amount, Resta Advance would make a much bigger difference in your gameplay. Super Treatment is definitely worth getting on any TE tree.

te/ra:

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008

since any combination of ranger and techer will do less damage than any standard combination of ranger and braver or ranger and hunter or even ranger and gunner, it seems better to focus on the support skills that techer affords, after all why else go techer if not for support? (or wands/techs but thats not the case here anyways)

that means te/ra will have access to better support skills like shifta strike and deband toughness, as well as long time assist. shifta strike wont close the gap that losing sharshooter will create, so to counter-act that you have to stay in close range with weapons that boost close range damage, such as evarecasa, welt bucanneer or arao slash. im not sure if there was a buff to the "close range" potential, but its at 16% on jp wiki and is pretty strong considering it works for all pa's. to close the gap between you and the enemy use impact slider or any other gap closing pa(or even ilzonde) then just attack out of it at point blank range.

if shifta strike can afford 12 people a 110% boost that is much better than 120% boost only to yourself, especailly since you wont do a dedicated ranger build's worth of damage anyways.

bio rifle can be a option if not enough loser stones or whichever crafted ranger wep you prefer, so long as there is a rainbow minus wind to work with elemental weak hit in every scenario. camos will serve well here. can even use the expensive pso'es weps like hurio snowty and welt bucanneer. sure te/ra wont be able to equip all the amazing endgame weapons but ra/te with those weps would still suffer greatly in damage comparing to ra.hu/ra.br and wont have the full support that a techer can provide so best to focus on one aspect since te/ra has just as many if not more support skills as any other techer class combination. as long as the weapon has a good % damage modifier that can be applied a lot, it will be better than other potentials, other then a select few

the core of the build tho is pp bullet save with techs and pa's since its just waiting to be exploited with pp territory save. load weak bullet into rifle and enjoy amazing savings on all pa's and techs! 9-10pp full strike/cut/toughness 3minute shifta/deband? sure. 17pp big resta? no problem. 9pp zanverse? yes. 16pp diffuse shell and all with 4 weak bullets ready to go and close range-able with zanverse and zondeel. can even craft a rodos cylinder rifle or chocolate launcher for even crazier savings. also i havent tested this but i bet deband toughness works great with pp convert, almost negating the loss of hp. also power bullet helps close the base r-atk gap that te/ra would lose to classes like ra/br. thats also when bind bullet or launcher bullets come in to help keep the pp savings and r-atk bonus while wb is on cooldown since there is no bullet keep. although with techers pp regen skills and full killing bonus, staying in close range will keep you pretty topped up in which case forget the extra bullet skills unless you wanna use launcher

just distribute the last couple of ranger points between roll advance, bind bullet, launcher bullets, pb weak hit blast bonus and power bullet as you see fit. on techer the last 4sp in pp convert, wind mastery and deband cut can all be tweaked to ones prefference between better zanverse, deband or pp regen.

all support techs can also be crafted for higher pp values since those add the most range and charge the fastest, since the pp increase will easily be mitigated by the savings, especially if you get a great success on the craft. concentrated shifta for example can ideally only add +2pp per cast which will result in an 11pp instead of 9pp per cast, but give +2m range and much shorter charge. concentrated zanverse would really benefit from this since its always cast in the heat of the moment and brilliant resta is damn nice too. of course you can go the opposite and craft for more pp savings just to see how low can you get! im sure its some amazingly low number.. just remember that 20%+20% savings is 36% since they multiply and not add.

the thing that i always think about is that sharpshooter and killing bonus never get along so by always staying in melee range you are enabling your wep potential, killing bonus, and every support tech since they do no good from afar and negating the loss of sharpshooter when compared to ra/br, ra/hu or ra/te in the same situation.

the pp bullet save and lack of sharpshooter and grenades makes this a very uncommon ranger tree that is hard to work with outside of this particular build and the techer side also lacks any wand or tech skills, so this build would only be ideal for people with multiple ranger and techer trees or experimental chars. everything else is pure r-atk tho to help mitigate the r-atk loss from not maining ranger, female cast, full r-atk mag and r-atk affixed tian are ideal

so to sum it up te/ra would have the support skills of a fully fledged techer with the best pp savings on pa's and techs available, best pp regen (at least for mobbing), full weak bullet, and sub-optimal but close to par damage with mid-game rifles and launchers which is to be expected from any support build. oh, and you get to zip around with discounted ilzonde all day
    Last edited by illidelph; Mar 17, 2015 at 10:54 PM.

So, I figure here would be best. Any tips for aiming Cluster Bullet to wipe out everything before me? I know I'm supposed to to aim above them, but sometimes it just does normal damage. I'd understand if it was enemies of different heights but I get the results from the exact same ones.

if you normal aim it will give you about a 45 degree vault up towards the target and then rain down on them. this isnt the best if your grenade cant clear their body (for taller enemies) and blows up in front of them or overshoots and falls behind them(still great for wongas tho). only the head/face gets the headshot bonus and counts as weak spot, but it will always proc weak stance so thats a 1-shot on most mobs right there for ra/br or chain into ra/hu combo for that ja/fury bonus

if you z-aim it then you can make your own vault angle for the explosion if that makes sence. so this lets you aim higher and make sure to clear the enemies like gu wonga's shield that would otherwise prevent good damage. if you aim too high then the shrapnel can explode too high and not count at all. just experiment by aiming as high as you can then seeing how far it falls before it blows up. then aim so that it will blow up just on their heads and you get your 1-shot kill. your distance to your enemy matters too since it kinda triangulates the whole setup. sometimes it will just be weird or enemy will move and you wont get it tho, so its kinda tricky

also obviously the enemy must have a head/face for this to work, but luckily most do. for longer enemies like fordorans you still have to hit the top of their head and not body so i recommend z-aiming it so it falls right on top of their dome
    Last edited by illidelph; Mar 18, 2015 at 08:23 AM.

> Illidelph
    > People usually go RaTe for the TE tree "utility skills" and access to Techs, not for the support power. A Ranger can afford to sub a TE when a BR/HU would be overkill and you'd like the extra regen, mobility, zondeel to speed things up. That's also why you want to max wind element.

If the player wants to play a lol_support_lol then it has nothing to do in a "One shot Ranger guide" where you usually want to optimize your offensive power, just my opinion.

based on the logic that this is a "One shot Ranger guide" ONLY, ra/te doesnt belong in here either then, since it really chumps its damage for a few techs and requires a rainbow just to get any damage bonuses from techer at all beyond zanverse.

also i assume "when a BR/HU would be overkill" means that if br/hu is overkill then things are too easy anyways and wouldnt you just play any class combo at that point?

-zanverse is great and all but is only a big help uclose when everyone can get in on it. if you have to charge and/or cast it before shooting anything how does that speed things up? wouldnt it just allow enemies time to close in on you, taking away your sharpshooter? i also specifically said that you can easily get full wind with te/ra.
    -pp regen is always good but is same for te/ra and ra/te. if anything, losing sharpshooter affords you with extra sp for bullet save, reducing costs
    -mobility im not sure what you mean since i dont see how subbing techer specifically adds more mobility than other classes, i assume you mean ilzonde tho. even so if you're closing into melee range then that would negate sharpshooter anyways and if your putting distance between you and enemy or dodging with ilzonde then it would again be the same for ra/te and te/ra
    -zondeel also negates sharpshooter putting you square in melee range where deband skills matter more when you get hit inside the zondeel cluster. this is where close range potential weapons shine as well. rolling out of zondeel wouldnt give you sharpshooter back fast enough and if you ilzonde out of the cluster then why not use pp-free grenades in the first place?

i dont think carrying 4wb and shifta strike together is lol_support_lol since it literally maximizes the offensive power of the whole mpa in one char, by making sure everyone is hitting your wb with 110% power and then zanverse to boot.

i understand that if you use ranger main and especially if you dont like/use killing bonus there is no reason not to use ra/te. my point is that ra/te doesnt do any more damage than any other ranger-main combination and its techs are also weak. te/ra has the same damage output problem, but at least it has the best support techs and is geared to exploit its skills in more situations where it always maintains close range for specific launcher and rifle pa's and always takes advantage of killing bonus

but like i said its a very niche build and most people wont want to gut up their ranger-main tree for this build, i certainly wouldnt and therefore wasnt advocating it. also if you dont want to exploit killing bonus and prefer to always keep back to utilize sharpshooter then yes play ra/te and make an otherwise useless techer tree on the ranger char and turn it into something useful

Is a Vibras cannon still a relevant weapon against other 11s like the Standing Snipe ones etc etc?
    Ship08 || アリス@気になり火星 || TeHu/RaBr/BoHu/FoTe/FoBr/GuRa

Only for nifta damage imo.