Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseSeraf View Post
    Sneak Shooter doesn't seem like it's a worthwhile PA at all: it forces you to stand on the same point during execution, and the slow projectile is not always guaranteed to hit the intended target if the enemy is moving around.

For mobbing, Sneak Shooter is far out-classed by Diffuse Shell and launcher PAs. For bossing, Satellite Cannon has the same restrictions but does much more damage. Even Homing Emission probably does a better job if there's no time for Satellite Cannon. Piercing Shell/One Point/Parallel Slider all have mobility, which is favorable should you encounter bosses that play very aggressively.

But I'll definitely add those descriptions and suggested weapons/units/souls to the list!
    It's much easier to use sneak shooter than homing emission (unless you use 25pp for just one lock) and isn't as dependent on locks. Homing Emission doesn't hit all the time either.
    But I get your point, there are better options for DPS, definately - I probably am just biased to using simple/easy PAs.

Thanks for adding my info, I'm willing to learn more though and if there are flaws to point out (such as sneak shooter) I want to fix those too.
    Last edited by InvertedWyvern; Dec 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InvertedWyvern View Post
    There's also a certain weapon called Heaven's Punisher that I heard increases Satellite Cannon damage by 12% at POT 3, I'm not listing it because I'm not sure if it really exists.
    サルスパニッシャー

Rappy Hunter

For First Hit, does anyone have a recommendation to put those 5 points elsewhere? I mostly play with others, and don't really get first hit on lots of things to benefit the most from it.

Also, with Sharpshooter, and idea on what the range for that bonus would be? Is it the same as the description of Killing Bonus (one Dive Roll away?) I find myself usually a bit far out because I was under the impression I needed to be far away to take advantage of Sharpshooter. However, if it is one roll away, I guess I need to rethink my positioning when playing with others.

^Before that, you need to provide your current tree.

For Sharpshooter, I think it's around Cluster Bullet's most effective range. There was a post somewhere that state its activation range (with pics), but it had buried deep in the forum xD
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Add this imo.

Pro:
    -Very high burst.
    -Good utility. (Stun/Gravity grenade,traps,offensive buffs and debuffs)

Con:
    -Needs positioning. The most important con of Ra.
    -Low DPS class. (Please, don't say Ra has a high dps. It's all one or two big hits number per PA. Not sustained flow of hits.)
    -Multiple Ra's in one MPA.

imo.
    Don't involve gu/ra or any other X/ra in this. The guide is about being a Ranger aka a main. Not a wb slave.

Ra/Bo = Magatsu breaker + more mpa buffs.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Out of curiosity, why isn't Ra/Fi a popular combination? It seems like with Brave, TAJA and PP Slayer it would do higher damage than Hu or Br sub on Satellite Cannon, and TAJA seems easy to get by using a throwaway Sneak Shooter or similar before Satellite Cannon.

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Out of curiosity, why isn't Ra/Fi a popular combination? It seems like with Brave, TAJA and PP Slayer it would do higher damage than Hu or Br sub on Satellite Cannon, and TAJA seems easy to get by using a throwaway Sneak Shooter or similar before Satellite Cannon.
    Because the maxcrit boosts are for fi main only. And you need even more positioning than with rahu/rabr.

In SH/XQ mobs spin all the time so it's a gamble if you get your stance dmg.

RaFi launcher was a thing in the past but it fell out of favour with having more sp to spend in the Hu tree.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Fighter Subclass for anyone is great then (and it is).

Reason for seeing so many Ra/Hu is probably to compensate for their dodge and allow them to make more mistakes. Of course there's always the saying "You shouldn't be getting it in the first place." but lets be honest - we screw up a lot.

As for braver subclass - you're already hitting weak spots, I do have a question for using bows though (as ra/br) since I'm seeing people hit 999999 on magatsu. What exactly is the combo to achieve highest DPS possible? Do you switch weapons, or just stick with bow?

Banishing Arrow > ???

Fi sub sucks and is never, ever worth it. Sure you can do "higher damage" with TAJA, but you're wasting time doing that, and RA is not always under 50% PP and it's hard to get there quickly, plus you lose the ability to have super armour (extremely useful for certain bosses) and the high powered Banish/Nemesis combo, which is far better than Sat Cannon generally.

Also RA is most definitely a high DPS class if you know what the hell you're doing. Sure it's high damage hits that aren't as fast as other classes, but you can do a lot of them on a lot of enemies, and PAs like Homing Emission and whatnot are great DPS. DPS doesn't mean you have to be doing a lot of attacks quickly with high damage, just a lot of damage quickly, and RA does that for sure.

For 999,999 Banish, easiest way to get it is probably:

Chase > Chase > Chase (any time before an attack) > Banish > Piercing > Piercing > Piercing, or Chase > Chase > Chase > Banish > Normal > Last Nemesis (can remove the normal if you want to use some more attacks afterwards).

Using Chase isn't always optimal, but it can make you do 500K-600K damage on a boss without WB, so it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrificial View Post
    Add this imo.

Pro:
    -Very high burst.
    -Good utility. (Stun/Gravity grenade,traps,offensive buffs and debuffs)

Con:
    -Needs positioning. The most important con of Ra.
    -Low DPS class. (Please, don't say Ra has a high dps. It's all one or two big hits number per PA. Not sustained flow of hits.)
    -Multiple Ra's in one MPA.

imo.
    Don't involve gu/ra or any other X/ra in this. The guide is about being a Ranger aka a main. Not a wb slave.

Ra/Bo = Magatsu breaker + more mpa buffs.
    I'll make sure to add those information! But I do agree with Matt that Ra is a high DPS class for the same reasons listed by him.

Also, you're right about Gu/Ra. I guess that topic would fit more into the Gu discussion thread, which we already have, so I'll go ahead and remove it.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch