Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Anyone know the usefulness of poison traps? Especially when it comes to PP managment?

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Not good (delay after placement for activation). Better stick for grenades. Or, if it's in the middle of PSE Burst, it can work ...... place it in the middle of Zondeel, and activate should you need it. Very hard to be done if the Zondeel user move around too much though.

Note though : It can be nice to poison mobs / mini bosses if you want to ...... if you can get it to hit. There's a delay between placing and activation. The damage can be pretty nice too of course.
    Last edited by final_attack; Jan 3, 2015 at 11:15 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

I agree that poison traps are not that good, but they are decent if you can spare one skill point and one slot on your support palette. It has the potential of hitting many mobs as the spikes stay on the ground for a short while and any mob touching it will get hit, poisoned and recover your PP. Pretty useful when mobs don't die that fast as in UQ and to a much lesser extent, XH.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

Poison traps also work on dragon bosses. If you time it right you can hit quartz in the nose as he charges.

Is Sharp Shooter broken? I do more damage at close range with my rifle (no potential at all). It's not Standing Snipe, I can tell when it kicks in, and as RA/HU, there are no other conditional damage skills =/

Around 7,000 damage at long range, around 9,000 at close range (One Point). I don't know what I'm missing -_-; inb4 it's something stupid.

About the weapons list:

=== Assault Rifles ===

[ Rainbow set ]

Costablu (コスタブル) OK
    Niphly Tron (ニフリートロン) OK
    Anti Android Rifle (対アンドロイドライフル) OK
    Sfera Rain (スフェラレイン) OK
    Grizz Rifle (グリズライフル) OK

[ Others ]

Arao Cylinder (アラオシリンダー) OK, but you could list the Evarecasa too
    Flow Petal (フラウペタル) Ah come on, it's 2015 and people are still using that shit? At least list that one in the beginners list, I'd never recommend it as an "experienced RA" weapon. People need to stop that Petal fetish, just look at the list, everything is better. Personally, I wouldn't even list it.
    Bio Triner (バイオトライナー) OKish
    Hurio Sniff (ヒュリオスニフ) OKish
    Mena Alice (メナアリス) OK, but PK instead of SS if it's on RaGu/GuRa
    Yasminkov 7000V (ヤスミノコフ7000V) OK
    Heavens Punisher (サルスパニッシャー) OK
    Ares Rifle (アーレスライフル) my waifu #1

More good rifles:

Norphrus (ノルフルス) - GS latent, it's really good.
    Holy Ray (ホーリーレイ) - Has a new powerful +20% HE latent and it's a short model so HE friendly. Not recommended for inexperienced HE users.

=== Launcher ====

[ Rainbow set ]

Neckgenn (ネックジェンヌ) OK
    Vibrace Cannon (ビブラスキャノン) OK if you want the T-ATK for nifta, or you could use the Illegal Negro (イリーガルネグロ), same latent, 100 more R-ATK and HOLY SHIT MAN that name is hilarious, I'd use it just for the name, seriously. Then you can max craft a rod and add Ranger class if you want more T-ATK for nifta.
    Coffin Bunker (コフィンバンカー) OK
    .... more launchers:
    Crafted Ancient Oath SSPN (SSPNランチャー) rainbow set with a Saiki set (or partial set to complete the 3 above).
    Arms Legacy (アームズレガシー) rainbow set for richfags.

[ Others ]

Red Scorpio (レッドスコルピオ) OK
    Blacanis (ブランカニス) OK
    Pristine Lamp Launcher (新光燈砲) OK
    Bio Spat (バイオスパット) meh never like it, never will, that launcher's like a weak cumshot
    Nemethybren (ネメジブレン) OKish
    Final Impact (ファイナルインパクト) No, outdated and weak sauce like Flow Petal and bio spat. Buy one to level as a Hu/Ra then sell it.

... more launchers:

Clan Thor (クラントール) ... or whatever the EN name is - 1131 ATK, 8% latent at long distance (Sharp Shooter style), it's sexy, Okish launcher too.
    Shooting Drive (シューティングドライブ) - High R-ATK and Cosmos latent, it's really good especially in UQ (Cosmos spam land). High R-ATK but 12☆ from Magatsu, have fun farming that shit.
    Ares Launcher (アーレスランチャー) I can't see my waifu #2 in your list

----------------

About the skill tree:

I used to run a max Iron Will tree + Massive Hunter + Automates. My conclusion: 10 points in IW is useless and a huge waste of potential. I'm a caseal, no HP affix on units and running with close to 750HP ... well, hits in SH and ULT could hardly ever reach my 0HP zone (had to be massive delay/lag and simultaneous double hit). That's why I changed my tree, right now I have 1 point in IW (that's still 1/3 IW proc chance ... if I can even get there) and moved all the points between flash guard 1 and tech flash guard (think it's 8 and 6 or something like that). It just feels too good running UQ and not giving a single fuck to mobs because lv10 ext units+flash guard+automate heal is almost like a legit god mode.

PB blast:

WHBB ... Getting 1 point is fine, 5 is overkill. One doesn't need to spam PB in TA, it's just wise to use a nifta or ketos at the right time, right place. However, you can still solo run short TA like sanctum or nabⅡ without WHBB and still get your PB gauge full for wolves then ragne in nab or the pre-boss room in sanctum A2. Playing with Ares weapons would be an excuse to get it. Just my thoughts.

Killing bonus:

I used to run that skill on all my RA trees before ep3, I still think it's a must have for solo TA because even with my huge PP pool (170PP), I'm still running short of PP on some map segments. Maxing the skill isn't necessary, even a Lv7 Killing bonus is fine. Then I went to UQ with my red scorpio, trying to mob with that combo: attack > JA cosmos > roll cancel > loop ... and good lord, what a pain it was to get even below the 50% PP (-_-)
    That's when I realized that having a large PP pool AND killing bonus was actually counter productive in UQ with a BH latent. After a tree set, I moved 10 points in R-ATK UP2 and 3 points in R-ATK UP1 for a perma +85 R-ATK and just 2 points in power bullet (perma +85/+145 with power bullet lv2 vs +0/+100 with power bullet lv5). Result: Large PP pool with crafted units, no PP issues, easier to stay in the BH latent range, my average dps is higher because of the perma +85 from R-ATK UP's AND I've got a 30sec +145 R-ATK boost window for boss killing, it's all good /o/

Tactics Trap:

6 points feels for that feels like a kick in the nuts, then see above why I feel the skill should be optional rather than recommended.

Stun Grenade:

Removed it from my set, I hope SEGA will eventually buff that one with a longer duration, feels like a waste of skill points and waste of subpalette space (´・ω ・`)

TBH, all these skills are directly related to the player's playstyle/build. As far as the RAHU or RABR has the core skills you mentioned ... they can't possible go wrong, we could argue for hours about the efficiency of a "side skill" but it would always be a matter of opinion.

Keep it up, I love to read threads about Rangers, feels like reading an erotic light novel, makes me wet my panties (/ω\)
    Last edited by Ordy; Jan 5, 2015 at 04:19 PM.

Looks like I got some updating to do.

-especially looking at Ordy-

I'll update the 1st post soonish. Sorry for the delay!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Is Sharp Shooter broken? I do more damage at close range with my rifle (no potential at all). It's not Standing Snipe, I can tell when it kicks in, and as RA/HU, there are no other conditional damage skills =/

Around 7,000 damage at long range, around 9,000 at close range (One Point). I don't know what I'm missing -_-; inb4 it's something stupid.
    Are you hitting the same spot (weakspot vs non-weakspot)? Dumb question, but might as well ask, since I have no idea what the reason would be with your provided description.

It could also be from PSE effect that boosts zero range attacks.
    Last edited by ReverseSeraf; Jan 7, 2015 at 01:42 AM.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Rockbear head (so yes), my non-weakspot damage is more around 2,800, anyway, it could not be confused for Standing Snipe or Sharp Shooter bonuses. There are no PSE against bosses, afaik. I thought it could be a latency issue, but I was soloing, so that's unlikely.
    Mysterious damage is mysterious.

Sharp Shooter stops working after a certain range.

Is Flame Bullet outclassed by Cosmo Breaker in terms of close-range mobbing ability?

Having problems finding a launcher (currently Zieg, was thinking bio until i heard it sounded like a weak cumshot) and think I'm going to settle with Flame Visit but it seems nobody talks about the flamethrower much...thoughts? Should I just keep zieg and keep praying or just get flame visit?

Just feeling impatient since my Zieg Launcher is pretty much outclassed by diffuse shell spamming with my rifle and probably my most "outdated" weapon as I found nice rifles and bows but didn't find a nice launcher.