Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 36768384858687888996 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Need a bit of advice on what to nab next for my ranger. Currently level 65, got a few skillpoints unspent, and this is my current setup (if it shows the Hunter tree, ignore it - I was playing around with it and didn't change that to make it accurate):

https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...0000jdB0000006

Things I'm debating:

-PP Save Bullet? Though looking at the reduction amounts, it might not be a good investment - I primarily use Sneak Shot and Flame Bullet, and both of those are fairly cheap cost-wise. Have Satellite Cannon and End Attract as well, but they seem somewhat situational - SC for big guys when I can afford to take a few hits and charge it, and EA when there's a group gathered up together and some distance between me and them.

-Killing Bonus. Using a rifle, I tend to stay away from enemies if I can help it, but launchers, I get right into their faces. No lie, I run into a crowd and use Flame Bullet and burn them all to death. Could come in handy for those times, especially if I have WBs loaded into my rifle and I'm using my launcher specifically to rebuild PP for more Rifle PAs.

-Shooting Up 1 / 2. More R-ATK seems like a good thing.

-Gravity Bomb. Only thing that makes me hesitant on this is my current subpalette is pretty full between healing items, my mag PB, and stuff like WB and Fury Stance. Same applies for all my various tool skills, though I guess I could just remove Fury Stance and leave it on another subpalette as I only ever turn it on at the start of a mission.

If my math is right, I should have 24 points left total. That's enough to max out two 10-rank skills and leave 4 points for whatever else is needed (unlocking a 10-rank skill like Shooting Up 2 over 1.)

Thoughts / ideas / comments?
    - PP Save bullet : I'd honestly take the skill. 20% may not seem much just looking at it PA per PA but it is actually a lot. This pretty much means that 20% of your PP gauge can be used for something else, which means less downtime having to use nades or other things to recover your PP, which in turn translates into more damage in the long run. It's particularly useful in drawn out fights, like raid bosses (places where you happen to use End Attract and Sat Cannon a lot, because they are the most damaging rifle PAs. You use end attract for more long/horizontal bosses, while you use Satellite cannon to reach a weak point from above)

-Killing bonus. Best is to half ass it. 5 points is already solid recovery for when you go close combat modo while not being too much of a skill point sink.

-Traps : what was said by Altiea. Gravity is a must, then either Stun grenade, Upper trap or both for PP recovery (Stun grenade is your "Emergency" PP battery, when you see you're getting close to 0 and want that extra leeway. Upper trap is your "preemptive" PP battery : put it in a place where you your know where will be mobs/boss treading on it at some point . and then go ham on spending your PP since it will most likely fully recover your PP if you activate it at the right time).

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Eh, I've noticed that right now some enemies hit me so hard that even after a monomate gets used, I'm still below half (or just over half and at risk of dying with a single hit.) So, I heal up using a monomate and keep going. When those run out, dimates and trimates.

Is Sphere Eraser that good? It doesn't look that strong, and typically use Flame Bullet or Cosmic Break on my Launcher.

Other than that, if I'm looking at making the most of my remaining points, I should probably nab Grav Bomb (1 point), max out Tactics Trap (1 to unlock + 10 points to max,) and spend the rest on... Shooting Up 2?

Edit: That means I'll be able to take Shooting Up 2 to Rank 9, I think (24 - 12 = 12, 3 points to unlock SU2 takes me to 9.)
    - Ranger can easily fit everything in one subpalette. you have lots of ways to make room, like as you've said, put Fury stance on another subpalette (since you'll turn it on then forget it completely), and as you've suggested, monomate is the only mate you'll ever use manually. My supalette for RA is :

Moon Atomizer > Monomate > Either war cry or Jellen shot > Upper > Stun > Gravity > Weak Bullet > Jump Dodge.

As you can see, all the necessary stuff is here even with some extras (jump dodge/war cry/jellen shot are all very situational things so you could scrap those two for whatever you need. I took 3 traps, but you'll probably have less, so one more spot for whatever). my PB is on another subpalette since I rarely need to hit it in clutch timings. I access Star and Sol atomizers from item menu, since most of the status effects aren't debilitating enough to warrant me having to use those in a clutch.

-Sphere Eraser is very useful for packs of very tanky mobs with heads that can't be hit properly with most of the Launchers PAs, or simply, stuff that doesn't have a head in the first place. So basically only useful against some of Earth's trash and especially useful to kill Goldrahdas in Mining base Emergency Quests
    Last edited by Zephyrion; May 19, 2017 at 03:05 PM.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

You're right, only 5. I'll be able to take that and still max out SU2. Last 4 points, then - PP killing bonus for the hell of it, or SU1 ranks? Or something I've never considered yet?

Edit: Missed the second post there, my mistake. Alright, I'll see what I need after spending some points on Gravity Bomb and Tactics Trap. Thanks, guys.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

I wonder Ra/HU launcher only is possible with this kind tree:
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0000jdB0000006
    combine with L ring Non-weak bonus advance + R ring Attack Advance

Quote Originally Posted by reinforcers View Post
    I wonder Ra/HU launcher only is possible with this kind tree:
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0000jdB0000006
    combine with L ring Non-weak bonus advance + R ring Attack Advance
    Well, it's technically possible but you're in for great deals of pain whenever a boss is present. If it's just a "for fun/specific content build" then yeah it works. I'd scrape up DEX up, poison trap and only put 1 point in rare mastery in favor of 3 points in Power bullet, maxed out save bullet, 1 point in jellen shot and gravity bomb + stun grenade. I'd also replace attack advance by Perfect Keeper range, since launcher's normal attack damage is not really worth it, especially when compared to how strong launcher PAs are

So with the nerf we're getting for WB how bad is it for us rangers? We do get buff for the launcher and some rifle PA's are getting buffed. Also more WB at max level w/e that means.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestBelmondo View Post
    So with the nerf we're getting for WB how bad is it for us rangers? We do get buff for the launcher and some rifle PA's are getting buffed. Also more WB at max level w/e that means.
    It means they're shitting on Ranger (and gunner), probably because HERO sub is going to be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestBelmondo View Post
    Actually, it won't affect much and will depend on how much they are willing to give us with buff. I just want those shitheads to fix that FUCKING STANDING SNIPE BULLSHIT, almost every PA moves you and RA is just slow af to get back on JA

the 120% is pretty big loss, if people use RA/HU your garbage on EP5,
    i think the purpose is to use HERO class,

Hope HERO class gives good synergy

Tbh considering that basically every new boss has WB jamming already, its actually a buff to RA since they are buffing like every single PA we have to compensate. And since they are nerfing HP of every prior boss to compensate for the loss of WB, I think it is actually outright an buff.

Edit: apparently no planned buff on SC, EA, OP, Para-0
    Last edited by escarlata; Jun 10, 2017 at 06:11 AM.

wb jamming & PA buff,

Those are useless, if WB damage is nerf...

You know Ranger main strength is Weak bullet,

maybe contribute wb in different area is best support for ranger
    but whenever is it,.. you got boring if class nerf much