Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 377784858687888990 ... LastLast

They said they're getting rid of Jamming because of the WB nerf.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

They could have made it 150%-180% and applied to RA only while 20% for others. Looking at that rebalance sheet makes me wonder if SEGA sucked all the stupidity of Japan

I'm baffled at how people see all this changes as nerf.

less cooldown, more bullets, normal power is nerfed to 1.2 sure but 2.5 was a completely stupid multiplier in the first place. It made RA an obligatory pick in many older EQs in a long while, which should not be a thing.

Also a vast majority of the recent content. read 90% of the running EQs have wb jam in place already, which means you're only effectively getting more bullets and less cooldown for free with the change. Sure you won't melt your usual seasonal boss in seconds, but again, it feels like an unfair privilege in the first place. Launcher normals and rifle PAs getting better is also a thing to look forward to.

All-in-all it looks more like tweaks/buffs to me than a straight nerf. RA is in a good place and will stay in a good place after these changes go through
    I don't see how these changes would negatively impact RA in a terrible way, but hey maybe I missed the bigger picture

In any case we should wait for the changes to actually go through (we don't even know how PAs will be buffed exactly) before deciding to say those changes are stupid. I personally am looking forward to see how they will pan out
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 10, 2017 at 11:36 AM.

Considering Hero is coming out and I have to get a Ranged class to 75 I have decided to pick Ranger.

What are some of the PAs to focus on with Rifle and Launcher, I am currently using a the 3-button type with 5 available PA Slots.

And does Gravity Bomb count as a Trap to take advantage of the Tactics Trap passive?

Launchers:
    Mandatory
    - Diving Launcher - Crafted, try to get as low PP cot as possible. Aim towards the ground, and the explosion will hit everything around it.
    - Cluster Bullet - Aim towards the sky, used to hit targets which have heads, or targets which have weakpoints above them.
    For Tougher Mobs
    - Cosmos Beaker - Aim right at your foot, Dive Roll away the moment the ball leaves your launcher, and then you can Dive Roll Shoot to JA another one.
    - Zero Distance - Cheap and decently powerful
    Situational
    - Sphere Eraser - Very PP costly, but pretty damaging and can be useful
    - Crazy Smash - Mainly used for the fast JA
    - Rodeo Drive - Crafted for meme strat

Rifles:
    Mandatory
    - EA, SC - Your most damaging PAs, use them whenever you have the window to charge them up.
    - One Point, Crafted Para Slider - Good for moving targets, One Point is cheaper, but Para Slider is stronger.
    Situational
    - Sneak Shooter, Piercing Shell - very fast to use, usually to set-up Standing Snipe after using EA, SS for smaller targets, Piercing Shell for longer targets.
    - Impact Slider - Decent damage burst, utility for repositioning in some cases
    - Homing Emmision - Uncrafted, use after Dive Roll to cancel the end delay, which lets you quickly use it again for extended i-frames.

Gravity Bomb and Stun Grenade both counts towards Tactics Trap, Upper Trap is also pretty useful to take mainly for bosses, because it deals 3 hits, which all heals you PP for 20% each.
    Last edited by escarlata; Jun 15, 2017 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    snip
    Thanks for the info. Also, even if you had told me to get rid of Rodeo Drive 0 I wouldnt do it. That bloody PA is just the only way to travel as far as im concerned lol.

For movement I personally actually just use that TMG with innate Grim Barrage, not entirely sure if it is faster, but at least there isn't the end delay.

a few things I need to know about Launchers and rangers in general. So is launcher for taking out groups of enimies? I know assault rifles are useful for weak bullet. So do i want to be using launchers for a one shot kill? basically what im asking is when is the best time for using launchers?. I think I might just want to get the launcher because sometimes I'll use end attract and when I shoot certain bosses I noticed I wasn't getting that much damage. And yeah I kind of saw a point on big weakpoints and small weakpoints. I'd just like to learn more about how to utilize Assault rifles and launchers together. My main DPS Pa is End attract which I use on bulbs. sneak shooter for ranged attacks in general. I use one point alot for reliable damage in case of moving targets.I'm running Ra/Hu right now But I haven't even been using launchers at all, I never saw the point but im trying to learn. What are the most useful AR Pa's you use? and Launcher Pa's? Is there anything anybody can reccomend me? My skill tree: http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simula....tc.y2.15L.1*0

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyBlakers View Post
    a few things I need to know about Launchers and rangers in general. So is launcher for taking out groups of enimies? I know assault rifles are useful for weak bullet. So do i want to be using launchers for a one shot kill? basically what im asking is when is the best time for using launchers?. I think I might just want to get the launcher because sometimes I'll use end attract and when I shoot certain bosses I noticed I wasn't getting that much damage. And yeah I kind of saw a point on big weakpoints and small weakpoints. I'd just like to learn more about how to utilize Assault rifles and launchers together. My main DPS Pa is End attract which I use on bulbs. sneak shooter for ranged attacks in general. I use one point alot for reliable damage in case of moving targets.I'm running Ra/Hu right now But I haven't even been using launchers at all, I never saw the point but im trying to learn. What are the most useful AR Pa's you use? and Launcher Pa's? Is there anything anybody can reccomend me? My skill tree: http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simula....tc.y2.15L.1*0
    basically, launcher is for mob trash and rifle for boss, while launchers have more R atk factor, almost all PA place you motionless or have long animations, leaving you vulnerable, true some PA for rifle also have long times such End Atraction and Satelite Cannon, but also have other PA such Parallel Slider to dodge but stay on the offensive, which improve survability

for the launcher there is a skill ring called NON-WEAK BLAST BONUS, it let the skill tree advance bullet be apply to the entire body instead of the weak spot only. at lv 20, you get a 70% damage bonus whitout need hit the weak spot of the enemy. My sub for ranger is braver aimed whit weak stance. when i dont hit the weak spot i do roughtly 4k, and when i hit the weak spot i do 12k (is not that hard when you practice a bit whit one person perspective), which is most that enought to wipe out the field mobs in general.

when i use customized divine launcher, when i dont hit the weak spot i do 20k and when i do, 60k

also you need understand how standing snipe work, if you are not moving on any axis, you get the damage bonus, the damage is still on even if move AFTER triggered the PA. Say you whit rifle use One point and during the animation you walk, the bonus is on until the PA ends.
    Last edited by MyNameIsHawk; Jul 4, 2017 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyBlakers View Post
    I wrote a rough list on which PA to use just a bit higher on this page, you can refer if you want.

As far as weapon is concerned, when you are not bossing you should be using launcher like 90% of the time. The other 10% where you should be using Rifle are targets where you need the fine precision of One Point/Para Slider or the nuke potential of Satellite Cannon. Against any trash mob you usually use EA on chances are you are better off using crafted Divine Launcher instead. There are 2 innate advantages of using Launchers against trash mobs - first is that they cause explosions, which always prioritise weak points in its AoE, making it easy to easily deal huge numbers in a massive area, second is the non weak point bonus ring, which still grants you a massive damage bonus even when you fail to hit weak points. Crafted Divine Launcher is pretty much your bread and butter, and Cluster, Cosmos, and Zero Distance are really good where they work.

As for rifle the lazy way is to just spam EA on everything, but that usually compromises your dps in many cases. Fully charged Satellite Cannon is usually always stronger than EA so use that if boss downtime allows you to land all the hits. Para Slider 0 and Sneak Shooter are both comparable to a 2 hit EA, so use those if it's a small moving target or only has a tiny dps window. Always try to line up for a 3+ hit EA if possible. I also strongly recommend putting Homing Emmision on your palette for utility, it lets you cancel the end delay of a dive roll, which lets you do back to back dive rolls, which is really good for getting out of tough spots.

For your skill tree I noticed some problems.
    - Weak Hit Blast Bonus is not worth getting, it only speeds up your PB gauge, which fills up really quickly anyway.
    - Your Ra tree uses 63 points so I'm assuming its because you don't know what else to up?
    - Your Hu tree maxed out Fury Crit, which is really pointless unless you use the tree to sub for Fi as well.
    - No Massive Hunter on Hu tree, which makes execution of EA/SC much easier.
    This is what I suggest you use. On your Ra tree pick up Tactics Trap and PP Save Bullet for PP management when you are loaded with WB. Dive Roll Shoot, allowing you to JA more effective on Launcher. On Hu tree, pick up MH for aforementioned reasons. Also, a single point into War Cry is useful in TD, but you can drop it if you want. The remaining points you can put wherever you like honestly.
    Last edited by escarlata; Jul 5, 2017 at 03:18 AM.